What's new

Russia to deliver five MiG-29K fighters to India by yearend.

These are nice planes and under rated imo... also the parts are hugly available and easy for maintance crews to work on. Good Choice!

They had some problems

1)older engines were not smokeless
2)kopyo radar(previous) was not good enough.............had no air to surface mode
3)electronics were outdated
4)very puny fuel capacity

but this version is pretty ok

these babies will indeed provide quite a punch to the Naval Air Arm, the CBG can now conduct autonomous ops without depending on the IAF platforms like Jaguar n Su-30MKI for strike n air cover :)

@Omega007

am i bashing drdo here too??

by the way what did u contribute here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most MiG-29K squadrons are deployed around BD.

noooooo

mig-29k is a carrier borne fighter intended for carrier operations

i think simple mig-29 which are with the IAF...............they too will be upgraded to UPG standard which is same as k standard but has no modifications for carrier based operations and is a twin seater

They are the secondary bases for deployment on the eastern front. Those in WB field the MiG-29s while Tezpur in Assam hosts the MKIs for eastern command. It is a reasonable deployment in peace time.

bhai mig-29k pe bhi kuch bolo

seems like no one likes this bird:cry:

They are the secondary bases for deployment on the eastern front. Those in WB field the MiG-29s while Tezpur in Assam hosts the MKIs for eastern command. It is a reasonable deployment in peace time.

Mig 29s in WB ? Are you sure? 3 squadrons field the Mig 29. All are in the western sector. eastern command facing bd is equipped more with mig 27s and Mig 21s, i thught. Though on a rotation basis may be they had a few 29s visiting them.

Mig 29s in WB ? Are you sure? 3 squadrons field the Mig 29. All are in the western sector. eastern command facing bd is equipped more with mig 27s and Mig 21s, i thught. Though on a rotation basis may be they had a few 29s visiting them.

i don't think we need anything more than chetak helicopters for bangladesh:taz:

Back
Top Bottom