What's new

Russia’s Choice: Power Balancer or China’s Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But see what @Indo-guy said about your support. How about sending him a rebuttal, just make your stand clear.

Dear fattyacids ,
Beijingwalker is grown up . Does he need your coaxing to post rebuttal ? . Don't be so desperate to appear correct ..Because we all are correct at times and wrong at times ...
And beijingwalker's rebuttal won't change my stance ...I don't base my opinion on his support alone .
I have many Chinese friends in Singapore with whom I interact to clarify historic points ...

This was a pitiful analysis.

Why do you think that Western countries have had historically low growth rates? Because we are innately inferior to the cultural superiority of the East? Or because we were AHEAD of everyone else, and so our real GDP growth largely came from productivity increase through innovation?

The reason that South Korea, China, et. al. are growing much faster than the West is due to there having not yet fully emulated the West. Faster GDP growth in this day and age simply means taking on more of the West's technologies and knowledge, and integrating them into your economies.

Other than Japan, I have yet to see a non-Western country which has led the world into a new growth period largely through technological innovation. Will that time come for China? Maybe, maybe not, though rest assured it won't be for decades.

Flat Top 56 : I agree with you on this count ...

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a pitiful analysis.

Why do you think that Western countries have had historically low growth rates? Because we are innately inferior to the cultural superiority of the East? Or because we were AHEAD of everyone else, and so our real GDP growth largely came from productivity increase through innovation?

The reason that South Korea, China, et. al. are growing much faster than the West is due to there having not yet fully emulated the West. Faster GDP growth in this day and age simply means taking on more of the West's technologies and knowledge, and integrating them into your economies.

Other than Japan, I have yet to see a non-Western country which has led the world into a new growth period largely through technological innovation. Will that time come for China? Maybe, maybe not, though rest assured it won't be for decades.

What i talking is a fact, not some pitiful analysis. In fact US, Britain, Germany, Russia never achieve high growth economic progress like some Asia Pacific countries experiencing like now. Even the spurt of high economic growth the US ever experiencing is after Civil war is just reach barely 5 to 6 percent per year, barely because the high demand resources for after war reconstructions and post WW II periods in Marshal plan era. What made the West can stand in their position right now is their political situation is much more stable and fully authorized under control of law and Act, far better than Asian countries for a long time. Even after WW II, the west and Japan can normally enjoy the privilege of much more stable political situation back home. With that conditions even much moderate or low economic growth can bring every economic progression into reality. Meanwhile some Asian countries like China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Vietnam and etc. must facing the hardship of much more volatile and haphazard political situations and some led them to the war and rioting. And right now, China in which they had overcame those problems and can bringing their fully effort into economic progress and technological achievement and you can see right now in 2012, China is one of top three countries with most registered intellectual product patented. And this fact, is just only came after 30 years of economic liberation of China and you can only hoping to see much more Chinese advance in several fields.

Dear fattyacids ,
Beijingwalker is grown up . Does he need your coaxing to post rebuttal ? . Don't be so desperate to appear correct ..Because we all are correct at times and wrong at times ...
And beijingwalker's rebuttal won't change my stance ...I don't base my opinion on his support alone .
I have many Chinese friends in Singapore with whom I interact to clarify historic points ...

Do you realize you are putting words into Beijingwalker's mouth? He denied he is on your side. Have some honesty will you?

I'm chinese, I'll tell most singaporean-chinese dont know much about china's history. That's nothing to brag about.

I'm correct becoz i know my country history, i don't stick my nose into your country history unless I'm damn sure I'm well read in it. So for god sake, have some humility! You are behaving more and more like an typical indian on PDF here.

What i talking is a fact, not some pitiful analysis. In fact US, Britain, Germany, Russia never achieve high growth economic progress like some Asia Pacific countries experiencing like now. Even the spurt of high economic growth the US ever experiencing is after Civil war is just reach barely 5 to 6 percent per year, barely because the high demand resources for after war reconstructions and post WW II periods in Marshal plan era. What made the West can stand in their position right now is their political situation is much more stable and fully authorized under control of law and Act, far better than Asian countries for a long time. Even after WW II, the west and Japan can normally enjoy the privilege of much more stable political situation back home. With that conditions even much moderate or low economic growth can bring every economic progression into reality. Meanwhile some Asian countries like China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Vietnam and etc. must facing the hardship of much more volatile and haphazard political situations and some led them to the war and rioting. And right now, China in which they had overcame those problems and can bringing their fully effort into economic progress and technological achievement and you can see right now in 2012, China is one of top three countries with most registered intellectual product patented. And this fact, is just only came after 30 years of economic liberation of China and you can only hoping to see much more Chinese advance in several fields.

You didn't even read my post, or at least you did not comprehend it.

Read it again and respond to the points I made, rather than responding to yourself.

We grew at slow rates, compared to modern developing countries, because we were leading the world in innovation and increases in living standards.

Today, all of these high-growth rate countries are simply copying our technologies, so as to catch-up to us. Countries like China are experiencing high growth rates because they are still living on $5 PER DAY.

You didn't even read my post, or at least you did not comprehend it.

Read it again and respond to the points I made, rather than responding to yourself.

We grew at slow rates, compared to modern developing countries, because we were leading the world in innovation and increases in living standards.

Today, all of these high-growth rate countries are simply copying our technologies, so as to catch-up to us. Countries like China are experiencing high growth rates because they are still living on $5 PER DAY.

every country copies every country in this world,that's what catching up is all about,and once you are there on the top,you'll have money and facilities to put into research and innovation.the reason why the west is in the leading postion in this field so far is because they put way more resources which are not affordable to other countries,it's all about money,that's why R and D is a major factor measuring one's scientific development.

Americans are not born smart,first they got rich and they offered more money to attract talents around the world.it's like a soccer team,best players play for the team which offers highest pay.if China gets that rich one day and can afford to pay more than the west,best players will come to China to play.

every country copies every country in this world,that's what catching up is all about,and once you are there on the top,you'll have money and facilities to put into research and innovation.the reason why the west is in the leading postion in this field so far is because they put way more resources which are not affordable to other countries,it's all about money,that's why R and D is a major factor measuring one's scientific development.

Yea but China should actually try and catch-up first before her sideline cheerleaders start calling her an advanced country.

Do you realize you are putting words into Beijingwalker's mouth? He denied he is on your side. Have some honesty will you?

I'm chinese, I'll tell most singaporean-chinese dont know much about china's history. That's nothing to brag about.

I'm correct becoz i know my country history, i don't stick my nose into your country history unless I'm damn sure I'm well read in it. So for god sake, have some humility! You are behaving more and more like an typical indian on PDF here.

You look at previous posts by Beijingwalker in which he said he agrees that Russia helped establish PRC . I am not putting words in his mouth ...
Regarding my Chinese friends - my room mates are Chinese from China ! I was talking about them and not Singapore-Chinese .

It's not the question of sticking nose in anyon'e country's history . I am sure of facts about Russia having helped China both financially as well as technologically . My figure of 300 million dollar loan by soviet union in 1950's is lie ?
I had put several other specific facts to you . Instead of rebutting them point by point and proving me wrong you taking shelter of generic arguments like - I know history of my country better !

Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that Soviet union helped China in its initial days what ever was the motive to help ?.

Do you think motive of help China extends to Pakistan will undermine the fact that you are helping them ?

You may have any opinion about Indian's here .

and you may not like me because you don't agree with my view point . It is absolutely fine ..

I say what I feel is correct and is true without fear or favor ....
I have done that to my Indian friends I will do that to all other friends here ....
I do not carry any biases or grudges ....

I behave just as usual ... no change in my stance and my beliefs ...!

Yea but China should actually try and catch-up first before her sideline cheerleaders start calling her an advanced country.

economy is deciding factor of everything else,once you can be the top dog in economy,all other things will naturally come with it,I think China strategy is very clear.economy first.

You look at previous posts by Beijingwalker in which he said he agrees that Russia helped establish PRC . I am not putting words in his mouth ...
!

I said they helped to set up PRC,NOT China,and what they did caused great damage to the Chinese nation.we still suffer from that consequences.

Americans are not born smart,first they got rich and they offered more money to attract talents around the world.it's like a soccer team,best players play for the team which offers highest pay.if China gets that rich one day and can afford to pay more than the west,best players will come to China to play.

Indeed America thrived on talent from whole world ....first during world war all the talent from Europe went to US for safety and then subsequently on strength of money from rest of the world ....
US shouldn't talk about Asian's catching up late or copying it so ...because where is the level playing field for other to compare

Indeed America thrived on talent from whole world ....first during world war all the talent from Europe went to US for safe and then subsequently on strength of money from rest of the world ....
US shouldn't talk about Asian's catching up late or copying it so ...because where is the level playing field for other to compare
yes,that's what I m talking about,you've got money and resources which other countries can't afford,any country can beccome US.SO the economy is everything

I said they helped to set up PRC,NOT China,and what they did caused great damage to the Chinese nation.we still suffer from that consequences.

So you do agree that it helped set up PRC atleast .

I have one question. Is Russia going to join EU and NATO ever or remain with SCO and Asian alliances for the foreseeable future?

So you do agree that it helped set up PRC atleast .
@Indo-guy I have lost all respect for you. You have no integrity and honesty, just like your indian politicians. You all are of the same cloth, no difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom