What's new

Riyaz Bhatkal: Shy student to terror mastermind

I remember the day when bomb blasts happened in Jaipur. I was calling everyone.

Why we allow so many terrorists to roam free ? We have $ 40 billion as defense budget, and they attack our major cities which are supposed to be most safe.
@KRAIT does that not show you have a leak in your defense?!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Topic: The day he was under scanner, he could have been killed. We should kill terrorists and potential terrorists. I am sure Police can identify potential terrorists. The State should give power into police hand to curb all potential terroristrs.

Bringing back POTA and giving sweeping powers to the intelligence agencies would be a good start. Where is Riaz Bhatkal nowadays?

Its not possible to please terrorists into a good mood. We already know that. There was no need to say the same in a roundabout way.

Thanks for your concern, but if terrorists and their sympathisers and apologists are going to judge terror trials, then I'd rather have a bullet judge them. Atleast I'd be erring on the side of caution.

Why don't you try this 'hard way' to TTP. Oh wait, you tried and got your hand burned. A terrorist is a terrorist, there is no good or bad. I can also tell the same, one TTP Guy down, 10 more will come up.

What differentiates ANY of you from a terrorist then? You all have terror in your hearts and hate in your mouth! On top of which you are trying to terrorize INNOCENTS by putting in the word POTENTIAL TERRORIST based on what WHOM YOU THINK to be terrorist?

Then you and they are the same only they dont just talk but act!

So back to my question what differentiates you from them?

@KRAIT does that not show you have a leak in your defense?!
Its a big country dear. Jaipur is among safer place place in comparison to other cities and capitals.

The blast that happened is very crowded place. Police is good but Police has to be lucky all the time, terrorist once.

Still its not an excuse. State govt. ignored the intelligence. Problem is the intelligence comes in raw form, so few might get overlooked. On unlucky day, this happens.

What differentiates ANY of you from a terrorist then? You all have terror in your hearts and hate in your mouth! On top of which you are trying to terrorize INNOCENTS by putting in the word POTENTIAL TERRORIST based on what WHOM YOU THINK to be terrorist? Then you and they are the same only they dont just talk but act! So back to my question what differentiates you from them?
Dear when it comes to survival, all morality goes out of the window.

Its a big country dear. Jaipur is among safer place place in comparison to other cities and capitals.

The blast that happened is very crowded place. Police is good but Police has to be lucky all the time, terrorist once.

Still its not an excuse. State govt. ignored the intelligence. Problem is the intelligence comes in raw form, so few might get overlooked. On unlucky day, this happens.

Aysay tou Pakistan kay bohot ziada hi unlucky days hain :cray:

Dear when it comes to survival, all morality goes out of the window.
@KRAIT that just makes more terrorists!! Like on auto pilot!

Why we allow so many terrorists to roam free ? We have $ 40 billion as defense budget, and they attack our major cities which are supposed to be most safe.

Defense budget is allocated for the military which has the job to protect the country from external threats, nothing else. If someone is to blame, its the police, intelligence agencies or whoever. But at the current stage, we should stay away from accusing anyone without more informations/facts.

Aysay tou Pakistan kay bohot ziada hi unlucky days hain :cray:
@KRAIT that just makes more terrorists!! Like on auto pilot!
Not really. If a person is proved to be a terrorist, interrogate him and dispose him. In nation of 1.2 billion, 1 terrorist disappeared won't matter. Just deny we have him.

Defense budget is allocated for the military which has the job to protect the country from external threats, nothing else. If someone is to blame, its the police, intelligence agencies or whoever. But at the current stage, we should stay away from accusing anyone without more informations/facts.
Are bhai, I meant that if we are focused on external threat we should be investing more on internal security too.

In 26/11 initially it was AK-47 against 18th center guns. They would have been killed earlier. Similarly, with soft targets and repeated targets, we should invest heavily. Cities like Hyderabad, Bangalore etc. FDI attractions. Any attack in these cities makes much more damage.

As for who to blame, they planted the exact place that was divulged by arrested people in 2012. Its serious problem. We don't even have VICAP like program like in US. No FBI like effective organizations. We are going through terrorism for 24 years and we established NIA few years earlier.

Look at all these insurgencies and problems in Kashmir, NE, Naxalite areas etc. How can we develop if we allow these extremists in our own country.

In India, majority of people don't care about national interest, just their caste, religion, etc.

@KRAIT I didn't think I'd have to explain this too you- India cannot be 100% safe from these kind of attacks 24/7 365 days a year in a country of 1.2 BILLION+ people even "normal" levels of radicalization found in any nation will relate to relatively high numbers of people in India with this malicious intent. Add into this mix the large geographical nature of India and then factor in India has some of the lowest police per capita numbers on earth then the situation will be what it is. And then factor in context- India's neghourbohood is amongst the most dangerous on earth and across the border these incidents that are rare and considered very serious in India are daily events.

Don't forget this comment:

‘India is sponge that protects us all... Lashkar No 2 threat after al-Qaeda’ - Indian Express

India cannot separate itself from the rest of the region. If there is instability in the region it will inherently leak over into India to an extent (in fact foreign entities strive to ensure this).

The US case is a moot point, the US has the luxury of 1000s of miles of open water between it and its potential enemies. India has no such luxury. And on the spending point- the US spends many, MANY, times more on its police and military than India (probably 20 times more).

it is nothing short of a miracle that these sort of incidents are't more common in India. And you do have to praise India's intel community for the excellent work they are clearly doing. But never forget you can't be 100% successful.

Chota Rajan claims to have killed Indian Mujahideen Riyaz Bhatkal last Thursday.

He was killed at Karina market in Gulshan Iqbal area of Karachi.

He died at Jiauddin Hospital, ward 222, bed 18. Another person named Anwar was also killed. Riyaz was staying with name Dilawar Iqbal. One Abdul Aziz Bidani claimed his body.
source: Mid Day

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...edly-murdered-chhota-rajan.html#ixzz2LvSjsAs6

Is it been confirmed by Pakistan over the two years since this article?

@Abingdonboy I know. But do you know all the facts about this blast. Also 40% CCTV not working, a city which is such a soft target. Its about protecting the major cities and capitals at least from multiple attacks. In my city, Jaipur there were serial blasts, but I know it was one fault of intelligence neglected but I can accept failure at one or two incident and my city hasn't been on target that much.

Terrorist attacks happen, agreed, but we have to learn from it and improve to avoid it.

@Abingdonboy I know. But do you know all the facts about this blast. Also 40% CCTV not working, a city which is such a soft target. Its about protecting the major cities and capitals at least from multiple attacks. In my city, Jaipur there were serial blasts, but I know it was one fault of intelligence neglected but I can accept failure at one or two incident and my city hasn't been on target that much.

Terrorist attacks happen, agreed, but we have to learn from it and improve to avoid it.
@KRAIT you're right. All I was trying to say is that the picture some are trying to paint that India is an unsafe and terror-prone country is pure BS. After a certain point everything becomes statisictics and because of factors outside of anyone in India's control, India is prone to these small-scale attacks every now and then.

But of course there is a need for introspection and there is MANY things India can do to strengthen itself.

Word civilized is what separates us from those animals. If we start carrying out extrajudicial killing then we are no better than them. Americans employed the same method when they used drones and targeted potentials. So did they win the war? the answer is no.
atleast usa have made it clear if u attack us we will attack u...in india even if u attack the symbol of indian democracy the parliament and kill people . our people will say forgive him after all he is indian muslim..

Back
Top Bottom