What's new

Remembering General Zia Ul Haq's Funeral

No dear the Arab traders came to Gujarat way before that and brought Islam with them, not to mention the state of Kerala which has one of the oldest Mosque in South Asia.

and you how do you come to this conclusion that they were sufi's???

first i needed to knew what you know about salafi or wahhabi islam. there is no 2 ways of islam only one.. but you just listened from some of your friends and from iranis and from egypt peoples and you started your argument here very childish.
next point is that
you hindus, Christians and jews are trying to remove these cancer from 1400 years but you are not able to do so and you will not succeed till the end of the time.

We are not enemies of Islam we respect all religions but can you not see the diffrence between Sufi Islam or Deobandi school to that of the one which is in Saudi Arabia and one which Zia tried to implement in Pakistan?

If you can't see this you are a blind man

This is an endless debate.

People who themself have a radical view point, or those, whose families and friends were untouched from General Zia's radical ideology and religious experiments, might consider him a larger than life hero kind of a person. However, those who's near and dear ones suffered due to the same ideology or who share a broader, modern global perspective and Pakistan's place in it, as possibly a muslim, albeit modern nation state, something in the lines of Jinna's Pakistan, would ALWAYS treat General Zia as a monster or a disaster for the Pakistan that he merrily created, but isn't there to see for himself today.

We are not enemies of Islam we respect all religions but can you not see the diffrence between Sufi Islam or Deobandi school to that of the one which is in Saudi Arabia and one which Zia tried to implement in Pakistan?

Islam is Quran and Sunnah, all others are false ways of Islam. Sects ...

No dear the Arab traders came to Gujarat way before that and brought Islam with them, not to mention the state of Kerala which has one of the oldest Mosque in South Asia.

and you how do you come to this conclusion that they were sufi's???

Did not say they were Sufi im saying that Islam has been in Hindustan way before that time due to trading via ports.

I hv asked this question before- le me ask again-

Who has damaged Pakistan the most-

Bhutto and his times drunk horny bastard secular generals-
or
Zia with his revolutionary vision-

without any doubt Bhutto.

'Zia miss managed the situation of Afghanistan. if it was managed a bit we would have been in very good position today. i am pointing to afghan refuges. because one of the biggest allegation faced by Zia is AK47 culture but if at that time he would have kept that away from layman pakistani that would have been very good.

This is an endless debate.

People who themself have a radical view point, or those, whose families and friends were untouched from General Zia's radical ideology and religious experiments, might consider him a larger than life hero kind of a person. However, those who's near and dear ones suffered due to the same ideology or who share a broader, modern global perspective and Pakistan's place in it, as possibly a muslim, albeit modern nation state, something in the lines of Jinna's Pakistan, would ALWAYS treat General Zia as a monster or a disaster for the Pakistan that he merrily created, but isn't there to see for himself today.

Thats reinforce most of Pakistani beliefs that Zia was a true hero-he did or atleast tried something which still hurts the sentiments of the foreign enemies even after two decades of his death-

O really Quran says Jews were your enemies and always will be but yes they should not use abusive language as far as telling kids about who your enemy is I think is a good thing they should know and avoid those enemies and should be aware how to take on them
You're twisting verses here, you know this!
As for Wahabbis:
Wahabi & Salafi

You can see what the Quran and Hadith says about where they come from

There is diffrent school's of thought hence why you have Sufi's, Deobandi and Ahmadiyya.

while Quran Says "Do not divide in sects" So how you are going to treat these School of Thoughts in the light of Allah's order.

Well its going way to off topic. Back to Topic i guess because it this thread has nothing to do with Wahabisim or Arab-ism.

A little trivia : Taliban - Deobandi Islam ! Ahle-Sunnat - Pakistan's version of Wahabi Islam ! As it so happens that as much as 70% of all madrassas (I can't remember the exact figure but it was probably 70%) are 'Deobandi' whilst the 'Ahle-Sunnat' are less than 9% ! So it would wrong to blame the Saudi version when the Talibunnies follow something quite indigenous...though even Deobandi School of Thought isn't monolithic; most in my family follow that and they're just as nutty as the average 'religious person' not an ounce more...! :P

P.S I'm not condoning Zia ! One side of my family likes him quite a bit...the other thinks that he was a hypocritical dictator who sold 'Islam ka Nizaam' to Pakistanis just to hold onto power and in the process did so much damage to Islam with the Hudood Ordinance and the sorts. As for me : Pakistan hasn't had a half decent leader since Jinnah died !

There is diffrent school's of thought hence why you have Sufi's, Deobandi and Ahmadiyya.

ahmadi is not a school of thought, mirza ghulam ahmed qadyani claimed to be a prophet but we believe Prophet Muhammad is the last prophet so it is basically a different religion

while Quran Says "Do not divide in sects" So how you are going to treat these School of Thoughts in the light of Allah's order.

Well its going way to off topic. Back to Topic i guess because it this thread has nothing to do with Wahabisim or Arab-ism.

As commendable as your idealism maybe it doesn't change the fact that 'sects' are a very real thing ! I have, on more than one occasion, been called a 'deviant Muslim with a wrong set of beliefs' by my Shi'ite friends whilst many of my Sunni friends have called me, to borrow from the Israelites, 'a self-hating Sunni' !

A little trivia : Taliban - Deobandi Islam ! Ahle-Sunnat - Pakistan's version of Wahabi Islam ! As it so happens that as much as 70% of all madrassas (I can't remember the exact figure but it was probably 70%) are 'Deobandi' whilst the 'Ahle-Sunnat' are less than 9% ! So it would wrong to blame the Saudi version when the Talibunnies follow something quite indigenous...though even Deobandi School of Thought isn't monolithic; most in my family follow that and they're just as nutty as the average 'religious person' not an ounce more...! :P

P.S I'm not condoning Zia ! One side of my family likes him quite a bit...the other thinks that he was a hypocritical dictator who sold 'Islam ka Nizaam' to Pakistanis just to hold onto power and in the process did so much damage to Islam with the Hudood Ordinance and the sorts. As for me : Pakistan hasn't had a half decent leader since Jinnah died !

Thanks for your wisdom Armstrong I was not aware of that.

ahmadi is not a school of thought, mirza ghulam ahmed qadyani claimed to be a prophet but we believe Prophet Muhammad is the last prophet so it is basically a different religion

In India we consider them Muslim as the law states.

Thanks for your wisdom Armstrong I was not aware of that.

In India we consider them Muslim as the law states.
India is not some authority with sovereignty over the Entire Universe. Your opinion doesn't count

Back
Top Bottom