What's new

Remembering General Zia Ul Haq's Funeral

While Zia made a few mistakes his affirmation won him many admirers. He refused to be cowed up unlike Bhutto who was more of a problem than a solution, Zia believed in working with the west, the east, the arabs and the Israelis with a sole objective of national interests. It was Zia who channeled intelligence sharing between ISI and Mossad which led to successive execution of Afghan war.

He also knew how to balance Taliban power against each other and aid them just enough to resist the Russian but not let them become a threat to Pakistan.

Much of the Taliban factions spiraled out of control due to incompetent policies of benazir government later on..

statistically zia's time was more prosperous and peaceful than benazir's or any so called democratic government

In all Faujis eras its been like this , this institute does not want democracy to thrive under any circumstances .. as there is a conflict of interest between faujis and civilians "to protect their billion dollar milbus the military went to all lengths" ... lets just say thats how the system is /was kept .. Their is a conspiracy but its more internal than external ..

Well all such comments from u remind me of MQM 8 year support to Mushi .... :disagree:
Its really hard to understand MQM alliance policy.

Offtopic ::: This thread is about the zia so please stick to it , if you are curious to know open another thread and you will your answers

In all Faujis eras its been like this , this institute does not want democracy to thrive under any circumstances .. as there is a conflict of interest between faujis and civilians "to protect their billion dollar milbus the military went to all lengths" ... lets just say thats how the system is /was kept .. Their is a conspiracy but its more internal than external ..

Offtopic ::: This thread is about the zia so please stick to it , if you are curious to know open another thread and you will your answers
Democracy isnt the perfect model of government,and it certainly never worked for Pakistan...and a military ruler if doing good to the country is as much appreciable as anybody else.
General public of Pakistan have always seen good,peaceful prosperous times in the era of military rulers and that's a fact.
When comes Democrazy,the politicians start eating Pakistan from inside out like termites...with the added bonus of leg pulling each other....
I never had a problem with Martial law and wont have,as i dont care how many politicians are thrown into jail by military rulers,that's where they belong anyway...

Those who came out were the one who were basically criminals and record theft was recorded after her death and record number of cars were burn and some people were burnt alive in their cars thanks to corrupt leader Benzair
BB or ZAB were very famous globally they had high ranking were loved and praised in most parts of Pakistan , They have support all over as PPP wins in all 4 provinces or they have decent presence compared to any party whilst mr zia's name is now even removed from the list of president of Pakistan basically declaring him a tyrant. He has no support as such NO ONE , Even his little ganjay kids want to display his picture or have any affiliation with him . What are you trying to compare ?? there is no comparasion here

Democracy isnt the perfect model of government,and it certainly never worked for Pakistan...and a military ruler if doing good to the country is as much appreciable as anybody else.
General public of Pakistan have always seen good,peaceful prosperous times in the era of military rulers and that's a fact.
When comes Democrazy,the politicians start eating Pakistan from inside out like termites...with the added bonus of leg pulling each other....
I never had a problem with Martial law and wont have,as i dont care how many politicians are thrown into jail by military rulers,that's where they belong anyway...

Out of the options available Democracy is the best it serves direct to people and their interests .. Why it dont prosper in Pakistan because its kept this way by the military or Sari ayashian khatam ...

While Zia made a few mistakes his affirmation won him many admirers. He refused to be cowed up unlike Bhutto who was more of a problem than a solution, Zia believed in working with the west, the east, the arabs and the Israelis with a sole objective of national interests. It was Zia who channeled intelligence sharing between ISI and Mossad which led to successive execution of Afghan war.

He also knew how to balance Taliban power against each other and aid them just enough to resist the Russian but not let them become a threat to Pakistan.

Much of the Taliban factions spiraled out of control due to incompetent policies of benazir government later on..

Excuse me, the Talibans were not even a gleam in the eyes of our military junta when Zia the messiah was spreading Islam in its purest form in the land of gullible fools.

so in your opinion what options he had to repel the aggressive onslaught of USSR?

Look around zia's islam is in action. Ok let me ask you your zia implemented sharia while he went against sharia hanged a man and became a dictator which is essential out of islam thing by the way, he forced armed forces to vote for him to become president, my father name was in that voters list while my father came to know later on, something that is still being practised by all political parties, the trend etter was zia. He further moved in and persecuted-hand-killed shot at sightmany more people wrongfully in the name of his spin-off version of islam-sharia. The list goes on, that man was wrong right from the start, in his pursuit to secure Pakistan from Russia he destroyed Pakistan. Just like al-saud family the so called owners of islam and sharia while attach the english terms prince-princess-King with their names hypocrisy!

His job and his 2nd and 3rd in command job were to engage afghans against Soviet that was enough once US ditched them Pakistan should have ditched so called mujahedins not that to invite them to become Assets of Pakistan, there is a limit to the dreams, again you reap what you sow, here i think musharraf and kayani had to start to clean up that mess which is far from over, it took 30 Year for sri-lanka to clean up the mess it could take more time to clean up the mess since crazy mullahs are in million in Pakistan.

His job and his 2nd and 3rd in command job were to engage afghans against Soviet that was enough once US ditched them Pakistan should have ditched so called mujahedins not that to invite them to become Assets of Pakistan, there is a limit to the dreams, again you reap what you sow, here i think musharraf and kayani had to start to clean up that mess which is far from over, it took 30 Year for sri-lanka to clean up the mess it could take more time to clean up the mess since crazy mullahs are in million in Pakistan.

You certainly have got the dates wrong...
BBC ON THIS DAY | 15 | 1989: Soviet troops pull out of Afghanistan
August 17, 1988, Bahawalpur General zia died..

So all the way until his death Soviet union was a threat sat next door...Your criticism is baseless and flawed...
He had no other option than gather support for Pakistan against USSR on the basis of an Ideology and the ideology he used was Islam..

My question remains the same what other options he had to stop such a large military force with dignity?
Unlike the shameless democratic Zardari and Nawaz sharif who have been kneeling down in front og USA to stop their military onslaught on Pakistan...

You certainly have got the dates wrong...

If you take your time to read, His job and his 2nd and 3rd in command job were to engage afghans against Soviet, meaning when that man died the second in command or the third one kept the orders until soviet pull out, even after his death his jiyala faufis kept his promise to implement the great zia plan for which unfortunately Pakistan is suffering today. My question remains unanswered what Islam and what sharia when he was right from the start going against the very teachings of Islam.

I am not discussing zia and military operational plans against soviets, Military had to plan somethin. I am talking about his complete support and keeping mujahedins as Assets which have come to haunt Pakistan.
Anyway Good Riddance.

If you take your time to read, His job and his 2nd and 3rd in command job were to engage afghans against Soviet, meaning when that man died the second in command or the third one kept the orders until soviet pull out, even after his death his jiyala faufis kept his promise to implement the great zia plan for which unfortunately Pakistan is suffering today. My question remains unanswered what Islam and what sharia when he was right from the start going against the very teachings of Islam.

I am not discussing zia and military operational plans against soviets, Military had to plan somethin. I am talking about his complete support and keeping mujahedins as Assets which have come to haunt Pakistan.
Anyway Good Riddance.

First thing is that people assume anybody who takes the name of Islam is perfect and has angelic characteristic of not being able to put one wrong step...
Zia was no different he was a flag carrier of Islam and the whole Muslim world had great respect for him,as evident from his life and even his funeral,the whole Muslim world's leaders were there ....

Other than inspiring ordinary people to take on weapons and fight selflessly against the big bad USSR,there was no other option to counter act an aggressive military power for which Pakistan was no match..
And to inspire people Islam was used....Now you can come up with an alternative to do the same? There wasn't.
Any unity between Nations need a basis and ideology..Eurozone is United on the basis of Geography and to much extent Christianity (Thats why even Cyprus which is in Middle east is part of EU,but Turkey who is half in Europe isnt EU)...And Islamic Brotherhood is perfect and viable Basis and Ideology to bring countries together for defense and trade....
After his death India had to be kept busy and If military was left on their own and not bugged by Anti Islam Anti Army Pakistanis as brainwashed into them by the west...It wouldn't have gone wrong..
But poking nose in their work has caused all the damage,not their actual work...

Happening even today..Everyboody wants ISI to keep Pakistan safe..But when they do it as they see it right,and there is collateral damage.....The very Pakistanis whom they protect rise against them,blame them and disparage them...

Zia-ul-Haq was a Monster....he took Pakistan back to stone age.....why remember him and waste your time??

says who? PPP?

The sats say otherwise...economy grew..oeace prevailed..Pakistan as a country earned respect worldwide....

in his era pakistan was 100 times safer than it is now.....
or in the era of any civilian government.

Zia-ul-Haq was a Monster....he took Pakistan back to stone age.....why remember him and waste your time??

It was bhutto who initiated Islamization of Pakistan..much of the policies were laid by bhutto himself. Zia only build on them to further his popularity as Mard E Momin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr zia was buried in garden next to faisal mosque which is clear violation of law, i demand his grave must be moved to any graveyard with respect
There are some prose and cons of zia era, first he fight for nation and build us a platform but gave us mahajer sindi, arms ammunation, drug culture and bad name which afghanis brought to us
He broke the law for selfish objectives which he paid the price

-He created MQM!!!!!!!! Please tell me now that this is not a terrorist organization and they don't do target killings even today.

-Hanged Bhutto...

-He convicted General Zulfikar Ali Khan, and Major-General Tajammul Hussain Malik for treason, who were sympathetic to Bhutto

-He introduced the Mujahideen/Taliban system. A number of innocent people (kids, teens, unemployed men) were brainwashed to be used in the afghan war and some of them were murdered. U.S aid was given like it is now under Musharraf's policies. You should be asking yourself why couldn't he just use the Army and put innocent people into schools/universities to become educated?

- He introduced Gun Culture (AK-47) in neighbourhoods.

- He introduced Wahabbi system/madrassas in schools under Saudi influence, breaking off alliance with Iran (our history-culture related neighbour).

- He empowered Mullahs who don't give any rights to Pakistani Minorities (i.e. Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Zoroastrians...)

- He introduced the idea of calling Ahmidyyas as 'Non-Muslims' and target killings towards them increased.

All this mess in 10 years!

Pakistan is in terrible condition today because of him and Musharraf... Same things are repeating...

Like I said, you lack knowledge and insight.

Please tell us more about YOURSELF, maybe we will understand why you supposedly hate Gen Zia.

Going through the thread, we can see a trend developing.
The Ayatollah gang don't seem particularly fond of Gen Zia.

Mr zia was buried in garden next to faisal mosque which is clear violation of law, i demand his grave must be moved to any graveyard with respect

He is not in that grave, the only thing that rests there are fake dental Jaws.

Like I said, lack knowledge and insight.

See around, the extremism, extreme rules mullahism and so on, what more insight do you want even a child knows mullah tokia is the creation of zia.

Back
Top Bottom