What's new

Reject US aid, says Imran Khan

You are funny,
Good Joke...

It's no joke. GDP per capita is reasonably similar, but Pakistan has less poor. Standard of living i would say is about the same.

It is fact the two economies are the same, when size is taken into account. Go and discuss this elsewhere.

Taxes don't mean anything right now. But when you see your money properly invested back to you, people will pay up. Anyway you're just counting income tax, a lot of other taxes are being paid by Pakistanis, on top of that Pakistanis pay mandatory Zakat fees. Its no party here, despite what hillary's ramblings would make it sound like.

The problem is with the rich. Similar polls were conducted way back when the issue of loan defaulters came up. In Pakistan the common man is not a loan defaulter, but the big businesses are and they are able to get away with it. So similarly, the common man, majoritatively will fulfill their legal financial obligations, only the same US aid clutching class won't.

It's no joke. GDP per capita is reasonably similar, but Pakistan has less poor. Standard of living i would say is about the same.

It is fact the two economies are the same, when size is taken into account. Go and discuss this elsewhere.

lol please don't speak of things you know little of.

GDP per capita is only a measure of how much, as in $$$, a country's citizenry produces. That's it.

The real measure of a country's wealth is its forex reserves.

Forex Reserves of Pakistan- $17-18bn

Forex Reserves of India- $302 bn

Let's start talking now...

Taxes don't mean anything right now. But when you see your money properly invested back to you, people will pay up. Anyway you're just counting income tax, a lot of other taxes are being paid by Pakistanis, on top of that Pakistanis pay mandatory Zakat fees. Its no party here, despite what hillary's ramblings would make it sound like.

The problem is with the rich. Similar polls were conducted way back when the issue of loan defaulters came up. In Pakistan the common man is not a loan defaulter, but the big businesses are and they are able to get away with it. So similarly, the common man, majoritatively will fulfill their legal financial obligations, only the same US aid clutching class won't.

This is not about social classes, Asim.

Pakistan has among the lowest tax-GDP ratios in the world.

I suggest you spend 10 minutes, given your intelligence it won't take any more, on google and try to find out about it and you'll come to know the reality.

Just 10 minutes.

US Aid. 99.99% goes useless (including in pockets). Rest is of no use. So why beg for it and lose the national dignity? Wont make a difference either, except for the fact that so called leaders would die hungry! I am ready to pay a tax rate highier than others if its guranteed to go into proper use!

US Aid. 99.99% goes useless (including in pockets). Rest is of no use. So why beg for it and lose the national dignity? Wont make a difference either, except for the fact that so called leaders would die hungry! I am ready to pay a tax rate highier than others if its guranteed to go into proper use!

Ok so if it's not guaranteed to be put to 'proper' use, you won't pay a tax. Right?

btw its a bit off-topic...do u guys ve veggie burger in India in Mc Donalds...cuz if we were to ve a vegge burger in Pakistan's Mc Donalds....it would probably flop...no one would buy it...cuz Mc Donalds in Pak is famous for its Big Macs and Double Beef n Cheese burgers !!!

btw its a bit off-topic...do u guys ve veggie burger in India in Mc Donalds...cuz if we were to ve a vegge burger in Pakistan's Mc Donalds....it would probably flop...no one would buy it...cuz Mc Donalds in Pak is famous for its Big Macs and Double Beef n Cheese burgers !!!

Oh yes. Of course.

...and the thing is many hardcore non-veggies also eat them sometimes.

They make it so tasty that it's a treat to have especially for a change.

They don't sell beef in India, though.

They have beef all over south india. I know this for a fact.

May be. It's in fact more probable in the North East.

Personally, I've never seen beef being served in McD anywhere in India. Though, I must say I've never been to a McD, specifically, in South India.

Back
Top Bottom