What's new

Recommendation for SUV

My mate is selling a Honda CRV here in Perth, let me know if you're interested. 2011 and only used for off roading so very low in the kms.
perhaps just gravel roads? can't really do proper off reading in those.
How much is he asking? and KMs? get more info :smart:

Actually Subaru's are very reliable and they don't depreciate much!! We already own (WRX) one and it has never skipped a beat.

here due to extreme conditions it does not last long, and hence the resale value is quite less :bounce:

i think in 40K u may get a pajero too.... :cheers:

nice video showing 4x4 system of various suvs'

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we look forward to pictures of what you eventually decide to buy?

923098_579377612107732_233673448_n.jpg

@Argus Panoptes - actually Mrs really likes the FJ cruiser and Jeep wrangler or anything with boxy shape :ashamed: but bit less practical than others.

@Aeronaut - i will check out the x3 and Ml-400.

You can ignore the Mrs's opinion only at your peril Sir. If it is just the two of you then either the FJ or the Wrangler will do just fine, but if you need the rear seats regularly, then the Wrangler Unlimited with four proper doors will be better:

Wrangler Unlimited | For Sale, Sport, Rubicon, 2013

Hi Fellows, i am hunting for a crossover / mid size SUV at the moment and would like your input from experiences and knowledge.
I am mostly leaning towards Jap brands atm and have short listed the following.

1) Nissan x-trail
2) Subaru Forester
3) RAV4

Any feedback is welcome.

Subaru ...

Hi Fellows, i am hunting for a crossover / mid size SUV at the moment and would like your input from experiences and knowledge.
I am mostly leaning towards Jap brands atm and have short listed the following.

1) Nissan x-trail
2) Subaru Forester
3) RAV4

Any feedback is welcome.
I am no car person, as long as it get me from A to B, I am happy.

I have used 2 generations of RAV4 and now I use x-trail.

The RAV4 is first 2.0L and then 2.4L. x-trail is 2.5L. But performance wise, the 2.0L is crap, you have to step on the gas pretty hard to move. The 2.4L is much better but still not better than the x-trail even though it seems smaller in size. Personally I think it is probably because it is heavier, probably build tougher for going off road. Another thing, the RAV4 luggage compartment space is also not that great. The new RAV4 is 2.5L now, so maybe it has improve. I would also think that RAV4 is more durable, I cannot remember it giving me any problem.

Overall, the x-trail is better in experience and is spacious and a much more comfortable and smoother car. Great for going long distance. The standard car stereo is also great. I am happier with x-trail that is why I am driving it now.

I am no car person, as long as it get me from A to B, I am happy.

I have used 2 generations of RAV4 and now I use x-trail.

The RAV4 is first 2.0L and then 2.4L. x-trail is 2.5L. But performance wise, the 2.0L is crap, you have to step on the gas pretty hard to move. The 2.4L is much better but still not better than the x-trail even though it seems smaller in size. Personally I think it is probably because it is heavier, probably build tougher for going off road. Another thing, the RAV4 luggage compartment space is also not that great. The new RAV4 is 2.5L now, so maybe it has improve. I would also think that RAV4 is more durable, I cannot remember it giving me any problem.

Overall, the x-trail is better in experience and is spacious and a much more comfortable and smoother car. Great for going long distance. The standard car stereo is also great. I am happier with x-trail that is why I am driving it now.

Very helpful post mate.

I have owned a rubicon... the only issue is the consumption... but overall a great vehicle..

Rubicons are nice, but two-door. The Unlimited with its longer wheelbase and four doors is probably more useful except for extreme off-roading where a short wheelbase wins.
@Echelon So what did you buy?

Rubicons are nice, but two-door. The Unlimited with its longer wheelbase and four doors is probably more useful except for extreme off-roading where a short wheelbase wins.
@Echelon So what did you buy?

Nothing yet Argus, have two test drives booked this weekend; forester and CRV.

Regards

The best thing about Subaru is that its AWD.All subaru cars are AWD.If you live in an area where you get hit by the snow or lets say rain a lot then go for Subaru its AWD makes a huge difference.Here in the US you will see lots of Subaru cars and mid size SUV in the northeastern states if you go more towards north the amount of Subaru cars will increase mainly because in snow and bad weather its just awesome not only that but its also has quality material.I am a big fan of nissan but the choices you have go for Subaru.I love Subaru impreza WRX STI its a killer 4 cylinder turbo charged AWD 300 up horsepower it can beat the hell out of many 6 and 8 cylinders cars.

Back
Top Bottom