What's new

Recommendation for SUV

Hi Fellows, i am hunting for a crossover / mid size SUV at the moment and would like your input from experiences and knowledge.
I am mostly leaning towards Jap brands atm and have short listed the following.

1) Nissan x-trail
2) Subaru Forester
3) RAV4

Any feedback is welcome.

Well, my only recommendation is If you Buy an SUV buy a diesel one.

FJ Cruiser is a good choice but is also quite expensive.

Have you used RAV4? if you have... you wouldnt say that... even in Pakistani market its a failed vehicle.

in pakistan the cars are refurbished

i know it aint that reliable but out of the choices in the list it is !!!!

in pakistan the cars are refurbished

i know it aint that reliable but out of the choices in the list it is !!!!

In Pakistan new cars are also available.. if you have the money... as for the list... im willing to bet that Subaru is the best choice in all of the 3.

Why not Xtrail?

Because its trash,if you wana go Nissan, go Dualis instead. For a real performance, Subaru is your best bet....test drive it.

Hey, if your budget is around 40K, i would strongly suggest to lookout for some clean pre owned.. BMW-X5/X3....Mercedes ML-400.... Or the Lexus's SUV.

@Argus Panoptes

Fj Cruiser is a cowboy among SUVs,its perfect to use in the country..however... It looks odd if you use it as a family carrier as its a cope'.

Its something you buy out of 'shoq'.

Last edited by a moderator:
No snow here mate in perth - comfort, resale and fuel economy in that order.

Good addition in my list, thank Roybot.
I will def test drive one.

My mate is selling a Honda CRV here in Perth, let me know if you're interested. 2011 and only used for off roading so very low in the kms.

@Argus Panoptes

Fj Cruiser is a cowboy among SUVs,its perfect to use in the country..however... It looks odd if you use it as a family carrier as its a cope'.

Its something you buy out of 'shoq'.

I just noticed it as a possible option as a mid size SUV. It has funny rear doors though which make it not practical for a family, but you are right that it does seem perfect for use in the countryside.

All 4x4s are a shauq. I think a good powerful all wheel drive sedan is the best of all worlds for most people, like the WRX or S4.

In Pakistan new cars are also available.. if you have the money... as for the list... im willing to bet that Subaru is the best choice in all of the 3.

ppppppppppfffffffffttttttttttt..............SUBARU hahahahahahaha and reliability man ur joking :omghaha: !!!!!

jokes apart i know rav4 sucks but of the 3 its better

subaru sucks big time here its only good when new, the only ones reliable here are toyota's may it be a cressida from the 90's it'll take you where ever you want whenever you want :)
@Echelon how about a mitsubishi outlander ???

2013_mitsubishi_outlander_overseas_08-0307.jpg

ppppppppppfffffffffttttttttttt..............SUBARU hahahahahahaha and reliability man ur joking :omghaha: !!!!!

jokes apart i know rav4 sucks but of the 3 its better

subaru sucks big time here its only good when new, the only ones reliable here are toyota's may it be a cressida from the 90's it'll take you where ever you want whenever you want :)
@Echelon how about a mitsubishi outlander ???

2013_mitsubishi_outlander_overseas_08-0307.jpg

Actually Subaru's are very reliable and they don't depreciate much!! We already own (WRX) one and it has never skipped a beat.
outlander hmm, haven't thought about that - will take alook.

@Argus Panoptes - actually Mrs really likes the FJ cruiser and Jeep wrangler or anything with boxy shape :ashamed: but bit less practical than others.

@Aeronaut - i will check out the x3 and Ml-400.

Back
Top Bottom