What's new

Ramadan food

Huh and i envy you all . i cant eat anything in sahri :( so just two or three sips of tea or water

Jana!

why dont you just do sehri the night before, right before you sleep?

you should have something in your tummy :)

even if at that time you simply dont have room or any appetite, just take some fruit....a few badam or leechys or banana

why some people take oily food in sehri?

Truly I will cut down red bull now, maybe it is a drug i need to get rid of and Ramazan is the perfect time to do it.

the beauty of Ramzan is the broader message behind it (apart from empathy for the poor and down-trodden)

it helps you look in the mirror and introspect on some things (needs vs. desire); you learn to understand why self-control and resisting certain impulses is so important

Wild bore is very fun to hunt, that is great. Duck hunting is also very enjoyable, do you use a dog to retrieve the downed birds? I am fond of cottontail (rabbit) hunting during the winter times. For them I do not use a shotgun like many others do, the poor guys are blown to bits. I use an air rifle for them. I like hunting big game whenever possible and for them I use the big artillery. So far I have taken down caribou and black bear.

I have Maggie --she is my German Shepherd and a hunting companion. I trained her to be a reliable game dog and she never lets me down so far :)

I have hunted rabbit as they are delicious, and FARRR from being on any endangered species lists. But now I have a pet rabbit and therefore it's difficult for me to hunt them now :lol::lol::lol:

as for equipment, i use my trusty Bobwhite 202 side-by-side and a few other things here and there :)

the beauty of Ramzan is the broader message behind it (apart from empathy for the poor and down-trodden)

it helps you look in the mirror and introspect on some things (needs vs. desire); you learn to understand why self-control and resisting certain impulses is so important.

Couldn't agree with you more here, hope bacha log are listening. :agree:

I have Maggie --she is my German Shepherd and a hunting companion. I trained her to be a reliable game dog and she never lets me down so far :)

I have hunted rabbit as they are delicious, and FARRR from being on any endangered species lists. But now I have a pet rabbit and therefore it's difficult for me to hunt them now :lol::lol::lol:

as for equipment, i use my trusty Bobwhite 202 side-by-side and a few other things here and there :)

German shepherd for duck retrieving is pretty unique, not common but can't see why more people don't use German Shepherds, smart and brave dogs.

Rabbit is beyond delicious yaar, my friend has even perfected a sausage out of their meat and it is incredibly heavenly. But like you I abstain from hunting and cleaning during Ramadan, I just want peace and samosay.

Yes unlike the angry female black bear that I had to down (it charged us when we were camping, had no choice) rabbit is very abundant. What actually brought me to rabbit hunting was watching the Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd cartoons growing up.

Last edited:
i dont know how appropriate it is to post this in a Sehri thread; i am promoting off-topic and its not good

but watch this:

Last edited by a moderator:
2 dates and a liter of water does it for me. However I am not sure how folks can put down parathay, tarkari/bhaaji/sabzi/chicken/gosht etc. etc. during sehri...Lol!!!!

I must admit, this sure is a funny thread. Did a lot of rabbit hunting in Balochistan. Tractors and head lights do the trick for easy pickings.

2 dates and a liter of water? and waht after that?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

only 10 min to go for iftar. see ya later guys.

Why not safe? I think PK people have some wrong ideas about Fish.

Yes indeed we have ...........We think tht drinking milkk after eating fish will make white spots on the skin (dont know the exact name )but
i think its sum sort of a speacial fish tht can cause this effect on the skin.

Seriously Pakistanis need to go easy on their Ramadan diet, besides the fact that we defeat the moral behind Ramadan by over-consuming (only in disparate shifts), the diet we're consuming is awfully bad.

Sehri is a rich mixture of bad carbs and bad fats.

My next sehri will be Egg white omelet of 3 eggs with a cheddar and mozz cheese in the middle. Protein, Some omega-3, a little fat and calcium from the cheese.

Yes indeed we have ...........We think tht drinking milkk after eating fish will make white spots on the skin (dont know the exact name )but
i think its sum sort of a speacial fish tht can cause this effect on the skin.

We never heard that. Fishes are just source of protein and fish oil is good from hearth and health. So your notion must be a myth.

Balanced dieting is a sign of smartness.

Back
Top Bottom