What's new

Ramadan food

Three eggs at a time!

The egg nutrition news in the 90s has been extremely positive addressing both the dietary cholesterol - heart disease issue and the valuable contributions of eggs in the diet. Both clinical and epidemiological studies continue to show that eggs have little effect on plasma cholesterol levels and are unrelated to heart disease risk. The findings that dietary cholesterol raises both LDL and HDL cholesterol levels with no negative effects on the LDL:HDL ratio fits with the findings from epidemiological trials showing that egg consumption does not alter heart disease risk. The data fully support the view that "an egg or two a day really is okay." Even the American Heart Association has taken notice of the evidence that cholesterol from eggs is not a risk for heart disease and accordingly the American Heart Association's new 2000 dietary guidelines now permit an egg a day, rather than only three a week.

One egg contains over six grams of protein and several important nutrients, which is good. Unfortunately, one eggs also contains about 212 mg of cholesterol. Since the recommendation for cholesterol consumption is about 300 mg per day, the large amount of cholesterol in eggs may prevent many people from eating them.

The cholesterol in eggs really shouldn't scare you away completely. Most of the cholesterol in your body is made by your liver and the amount of cholesterol in your diet may not have as big an impact on your blood cholesterol as people once thought. In fact, you can eat one egg every day without harming your cholesterol and other blood-fat levels. That's really good news because eggs are very satisfying. Eating one egg as part of a healthy breakfast may help you lose weight by keeping you from getting hungry later in the morning

BTW, what is the source of your omega-3, fish?
Omega-3 enriched eggs.

I take only the whites. That makes it into a 15 calorie per egg. With cheese, onions and green chillies and light canola oil, I'd say breakfast comes up to under 100 calories.

Some chicken karahi for iftaar. In tune with the low carb way of life, I only eat any sort of bread occasionally.

Man because of Ramadan, hotels are offering different varieties of food mainly Malabar food .Even every mosques here are offering food that too different dishes :bounce:. because of fasting to remember the Assumption of St.Mary i cant eat non veg for now..but from Sunday on i am going to actively participating in eating those foods even though i wont be fasting with you guys :D

Its not a myth bro. Whenever some unaware person drink milk with fish, white spots on skin appears. Maybe its due to climate and water which is diffrent from Bangladesh..
In our language (pashto) it is called " spoonry ".

Hm, I have serious doubt that food interaction can be influenced by climate factors.

But -not sure- food interaction can be influenced by genetic factors which ultimately differ due to geographical and climate differences.

Medical or molecular biologist or genetic engineer or pharmacy students may know better than us about this.

Just got off work, my mouth is so dryyyyyyyyyy.................still have 5 hoursssss toooooooooooo gooooooooooooooo...sooooooooooooooo hooottttttttttttt

Just got off work, my mouth is so dryyyyyyyyyy.................still have 5 hoursssss toooooooooooo gooooooooooooooo...sooooooooooooooo hooottttttttttttt

lol im at work and I understand your pain, cant even have coffee in the mornings :( sleeping all day at work lol And its stupidly hot in Toronto today :(

I tried fasting when i was in college with my friends..but by lunch time my fasting ended ..I truly admire Muslim guys for staying all day long with out even water..I am seeing this from my childhood..from small children to old guys ..specially when the sun is blowing hot its hard..

Back
Top Bottom