What's new

Qoutes of Day

My marriage had its ups and downs like anyone's, but when it came down to it, I knew it was solid. I miss that sort of security, and that sort of connection with someone.
- John Scalzi
Everybody tells jokes, but we still need comedians.
- Jimmy Wales
The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.
- Thomas H. Huxley

We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight.
- Milton Berle

People are sleeping they'll wake up when they'll die

- Hazrat Ali RA

For it was not your ears i whispered,but your heart.it was not your lips i kissed,but your soul

It is our experience that political leaders do not always mean the opposite of what they say.
- Abba Eban

"..............For the life of this world is but the enjoyment of self delusion".

God in the Holy Quran.

:rolleyes:

^^^^^^^
Muslims are supposed to embrace self-delusion?

Top ten sayings of Yogi Berra, American baseball catcher and team manager:

The game isn't over until it's over.

It's like deja vu all over again.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.

You can observe a lot by just watching.

I never said most of the things I said.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Yogi Berra's wife recently asked, "Yogi, when you die, where do you want to be buried, in Montclair, New York or in St. Louis?" Yogi: "I don't know, Carmen, why don't you surprise me?"

When asked into how many pieces he wanted his pizza cut, he said: "Four. I don't think I can eat eight."

^^^^^^^

The difference is that we Muslims are not trapped in this delusion we believe it’ll end up and we’ll face our Creator whereas non believers fully trapped in this sometimes they think there isn’t any god and sometimes say every thing is god one who is blind in this world will be the same hereafter

No dear; Embrace the reality that is the temporary nature of this world:

Know that the life of this world is merely a game and a diversion and ostentation and a cause of boasting among yourselves and trying to outdo one another in wealth and children: like the plant-growth after rain which delights the cultivators, but then it withers and you see it turning yellow, and then it becomes broken stubble.In the hereafter there is terrible punishment but also forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure. The life of this world is nothing but the enjoyment of delusion.

(Qur'an, 57:20)

Have they not reflected within themselves? Allah did not create the heavens and the earth and everything between them except with truth and for a fixed term. Yet many people reject the meeting with their Lord.

(Qur'an, 30:8)

The believer views this life as a test:

You will be tested in your wealth and in yourselves and you will hear many abusive words from those given the Book before you and from those who are idolaters. But if you are steadfast and guard against evil, that is the most resolute course to take.

(Qur'an, 3:186)

We will test you with a certain amount of fear and hunger and loss of wealth and life and fruits. But give good news to the steadfast:

(Qur'an, 2:155)

Last edited:
"The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry".
Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"In a man to man fight the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine"
-Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

The trouble with censors is that they worry if a girl has cleavage. They ought to worry if she hasn't any.
- Marilyn Monroe

Darth Vader: He is here.

Governor Tarkin: Obi-Wan Kenobi? What makes you think so?

Darth Vader: A tremor in the Force. The last time I felt it was in the presence of my old master.

Governor Tarkin: Surely he must be dead by now.

Darth Vader: Don't underestimate the Force.

Governor Tarkin: The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.
[answering a comm signal] Yes?

Voice over comm: We have an emergency alert in detention block AA-23.

Governor Tarkin: The Princess? Put all sections on alert.
Darth Vader: Obi-wan *is* here. The Force is with him.

Governor Tarkin: If you're right, he must not be allowed to escape.

Darth Vader: Escape is not his plan. I must face him, alone.

---- Star Wars IV

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.
- Rodney Dangerfield
A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world.
- John le Carre
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.
- Michel de Montaigne

Back
Top Bottom