What's new

Punjabi Music

good old songs, but nowdays quality of punjabi songs is very bad only 1 out of 10 is hearable, every person in punjab wants to be a singer & they sing songs about mobile,sim,motor etc etc. pathetic.

totally agree.. all of them are pathetic.. only few good ones there like Amrinder Gill.. Sukhshinder Shinda.. Gurdas Mann... and some new ones like Feroz Khan.. Muhammad Irshad.. Roshan Prince.. but they are still pretty much kids..

speaking of Shinda..

music though is taken from old Bukan Jatt and Shabana song..

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent gone through every single page but in those that i have, i have seen no H Dhami so heres some H Dhami for you:

Sadke Java

Akh Ladh Gayi

Nachdi Vekhna

personally like Jazz Dhami over H Dhami.. think he sings better..

Dullay da vaar...... RAI ABDULLAH KHAN BHATI The RAJPUT LEGEND OF PUNJAB.... Akbar my foot..... he (akbar) saved his life by acting like a marasi or bhand when Dulla caught him............. he spared the life of his son who accidently entered rajput territory...... akbar decievved him and hanged Dulla.

Shame on us.

Yeaa Dulla Bhatti is definitely legend of Punjab... i brought him up earlier too but i think lot of people here are just big time mughal lovers.. but yea Dulla Bhatti was a real lion.. true punjabi.. it was because of him that Mughals had to make their capital Lahore for almost 20 years because he was giving them such a hard time... mughal cowards had to kidnap all the women of dulla's pindh to try to get him to come to them and even the women were real lionnesses... one of the women even killed a Mughal general with her kirpaan... Dulla completely destroyed the Mughal force of thousands of soldiers but on request of his mother he spared the generals life.. but by tricking him same mughal general got him captured and finally hanged in delhi...

there is even a movie on him but i think its very old probably 1940s black and white...

YouTube - Dulla Bhatti ਦੁਲ੍ਲਾ ਭਾਤ੍ਤੀ .دلا بھٹی part 1

Yeaa Dulla Bhatti is definitely legend of Punjab... i brought him up earlier too but i think lot of people here are just big time mughal lovers.. but yea Dulla Bhatti was a real lion.. true punjabi.. it was because of him that Mughals had to make their capital Lahore for almost 20 years because he was giving them such a hard time... mughal cowards had to kidnap all the women of dulla's pindh to try to get him to come to them and even the women were real lionnesses... one of the women even killed a Mughal general with her kirpaan... Dulla completely destroyed the Mughal force of thousands of soldiers but on request of his mother he spared the generals life.. but by tricking him same mughal general got him captured and finally hanged in delhi...

there is even a movie on him but i think its very old probably 1940s black and white...

YouTube - Dulla Bhatti ਦੁਲ੍ਲਾ à¨*ਾਤ੍ਤੀ .دلا بھٹی part 1

FINAL CHAPTER

Dulla kidnapped two of Akbar’s wives who were going for the Haj pilgrimage. This infuriated Akbar and he ordered immediate capture or killing of Dulla and the safe release of his queens. A huge army was sent for the task, and Dulla would not binge. People of that area wanted to save Dulla and tried to distract the army; so much so that one girl tried to lure the army chief.Some say Dulla’s guerrilla tactics invited the wrath of Akbar who sent his two commanders, Mirza Allaauddin and Ziauddin, to attack Sandalwal (present-day Pindi Bhattian) and bring Dulla Bhatti alive to the court. If not Dulla then the order was to imprison all his relatives, including his mother and other female members.Both the commanders, with 120,000 troops, attack Dulla’s state. Dulla had gone to Chiniot, and in his absence the women were captured by the Mughal commanders, but not without resistance. One of the commanders was killed by a woman Gujri, who sneaked into the camp of the commander and killed him with her dagger.When Dulla heard that his women had been imprisoned by the Mughal forces, he immediately rushed back. The poet says: Mein bhoran Dilli dey kingrey tey bhajarr paa dian takht Lahore (I will humble the fort of Delhi and upset the throne of Lahore).Anyway, Dulla fought bravely and for once the mughal army had to call for reinforcements because the rebels and the public support were too hot to handle. Dulla's son was killed in the war.Dulla said: "Listen comrades; and in a moment the saddles were on, with the goldlaced saddle cloth. On both sides they attacked and came into action. Swords rang in the field and (Dulla’s men) slew right and left. The king’s forces fled, fled the Mughals and Pathans." According to all versions of the war, the Mughal commander was about to be killed by Dulla when he rushed to Laddhi, Dulla’s mother and sought refuge and pardon. And said Laddhi: Listen Dulla, my son, if you slay him you will defile my thirty-two streams of milk. The Mughal commander was spared and ultimately that brought Dulla to Akbar’s prison at Lahore where he was publicly hanged in Nakhas Mandi (today’s Landa Bazaar)

Dulla Bhatti and Shah Hussain
Maulvi Noor Ahmad Chishti narrates an incident about Shah Hussein Lahori in his Tehqiqat-e-Chishtia. Dulla Bhatti never approved of Mughals and remained active against them. Mughal King Akbar got hold of him and ordered to death. Dulla Bhatti was to be hanged publicly near Nela Gumbad or some place around Landa Bazaar in Lahore. Lahore Kotwal (Police Chief) Ali Malik was supervising the execution where Lahorites had flocked in large number. Shah Hussein had affiliations with Dullah Bhatti and agued with the Police Chief. Ali Malik threatened Shah Hussein saying, “I will get you nailed before evening.”

Shah Hussein responded, “You will be nailed before causing any trouble to me.”

Ali Malik had to report to Akbar and tell him last words of Dulla Bhatti after it was over. “Dulla Bhatti kept calling names and abusing you,” Ali Malik reported to Akbar who was infuriated with Ali Malik on repeating every thing exactly. Akbar ordered Ali Malik to be nailed.
Order of the King was implemented the same evening.

Shah Hussain approved Dulla's revolt against Akbar as,
Kahay Hussain Faqeer Sain Da
Takht Na Milday Mungay

The Great hero sleeps in the miani sahab Cemetry in Lahore.
In our villages people sang about him specially during lohri celebration....... but now accept the new generations doesnt know much about the Great Hero.
About mughal lovers..... yeah bro thts a disgrace!

Last edited:
2mwveq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom