What's new

Punjabi Music

The Great hero sleeps in the miani sahab Cemetry in Lahore.
In our villages people sang about him specially during lohri celebration....... but now accept the new generations doesnt know much about the Great Hero.
About mughal lovers..... yeah bro thts a disgrace!

wow.. didn't know this.. you guys celebrate lohri too??? never expected.. i guess some old culture is still alive on both sides.. and yea i know new generation is messed upp... even Indian Punjab... no more class.. day by day and every new generation.. they look less like proper jatts or rajput punjabis and more like kanjurs and mirasis.. trying to drive people away from history and towards drugs.. just look at some punjabi songs.... chamkila songs which are just posted loll... if urdu and UP/Biharis taking over pakistani punjabi culture than same time Delhi government is doing it by promoting drugs and alcohol and the like.. in indian punjab there are today actually more government run alcohol vendors than there are government schools.. pathetic.. ajj kall deh mundeya nu ek maaro uthe hi behosh ho jaan ge... old punjab is dying day by day... powerful warriors of yesterday today being replaced by dancing kanjurs en mass..

actually bhagwant mann does an awesome job of bringing of singing about today's punjab and where its heading:

YouTube - Latest song by Bhagwant Mann "kikkran tahlian beriyan" HQ Video

wow.. didn't know this.. you guys celebrate lohri too??? never expected.. i guess some old culture is still alive on both sides..

Well in some areas but its declining due to the mummy daddy culture.

and yea i know new generation is messed upp... even Indian Punjab... no more class.. day by day and every new generation.. they look less like proper jatts or rajput punjabis and more like kanjurs and mirasis..

:tup: Trying to copy the west and losing their identity.

trying to drive people away from history and towards drugs.. just look at some punjabi songs.... chamkila songs which are just posted loll... if urdu and UP/Biharis taking over pakistani punjabi culture than same time Delhi government is doing it by promoting drugs and alcohol and the like.. in indian punjab there are today actually more government run alcohol vendors than there are government schools.. pathetic.. ajj kall deh mundeya nu ek maaro uthe hi behosh ho jaan ge... old punjab is dying day by day... powerful warriors of yesterday today being replaced by dancing kanjurs en mass..

HAHA well said paa ji..... ajj kal dey munday apnay puranay babian kouloun vee kushti nahin jeet sakday:lol:

Heck many of these mirasis are not even proud to be punjabi!!

Dil karda k aina nou banda phar key chitar pheray!

actually bhagwant mann does an awesome job of bringing of singing about today's punjab and where its heading:

YouTube - Latest song by Bhagwant Mann "kikkran tahlian beriyan" HQ Video

:tup: Same case is here.... illegal daru dian pathian tey chars nay lassi tey desi kyuo di thaan ley liya aey.

:tup:

Anyway id like to visit indian punjab some day and visit my ancestral home,pind!

Dedicated to u bro:
YouTube - collaboration.DAT

Last edited:
May be because I grew up in Punjab; I am partial towards Punjabi songs.

In addition to classics such as Heer and Sufi poetry; I specially like the pathos in some of the Punjabi film songs. One of my favorites is an old song:

Dilaan diyan maliyane chann jayyan soorataan
Inaan kohlon changiane mittee diyaan murataan

Meaning, lovelies are malicious at heart despite having faces as pretty as the moon. Idols made of clay are preferable to such beauties.

A modern Punjabi film song is also just as good.

Loki parh landey hanjuan whichon naan
Assaan assay laii ronaa chad ditta

Meaning that people can read the name from the tears. I have therefore given up crying. (So that my beloved doesn’t get a bad name)

Don’t you think that good Punjabi poetry is comparable to the best one of any other language?

HAHA well said paa ji..... ajj kal dey munday apnay puranay babian kouloun vee kushti nahin jeet sakday:lol:

Heck many of these mirasis are not even proud to be punjabi!!

Dil karda k aina nou banda phar key chitar pheray!

yaa sahee akheyaa... ajj kall hindi urdu bol ke apne aap nu vadde shehri lok kahaunde ne... ehna di chittar pared karni zaroori aii haha..

Anyway id like to visit indian punjab some day and visit my ancestral home,pind!

kehda zilla veerji??

awesome song... 3 bigshots of punjabi music! :tup:

MORE OF CHAMKILA....the ruined culture for the self proclaimed saviours of punjabi culture...lol..enjoy

dhoka ni kamaida is still okk song lol.. but yeaa its a totalll ruddhii culturee... jeene lal pari ni peeti rann kutt ke siddi ni keeti.. wah wah lyrical brilliance right?? totally pathetic nd sad songs promoting u to get drunk and beat ure wife? wtf?? loll.. chamkila deserved what he got.. bullets right down his throat by i guess somee sensible khalistanis.. they warned the guy not to sing stupid songs... he still did.. they let him have it.. :)

and really.. i wonder how much of this proud chamkila style culture you can play in front of your mom, sister and other ladies in your house?

dhoka ni kamaida is still okk song lol.. but yeaa its a totalll ruddhii culturee... jeene lal pari ni peeti rann kutt ke siddi ni keeti.. wah wah lyrical brilliance right?? totally pathetic nd sad songs promoting u to get drunk and beat ure wife? wtf?? loll.. chamkila deserved what he got.. bullets right down his throat by i guess somee sensible khalistanis.. they warned the guy not to sing stupid songs... he still did.. they let him have it.. :)

lol...i would say brilliant lyrics...what talent !! lol...and yes, I know khalistanis did a great job by killing him...the su**ers only could harm the harmless...while they have not been able to touch the culprits like KPS Gill and his followers...but anyways...which song from chamkila would you like to hear bai ?? the listis long...loll

and really.. i wonder how much of this proud chamkila style culture you can play in front of your mom, sister and other ladies in your house?

no you..cant play those songs in front them..but who asked you to ??
am sure you dont play those songs in fron of your sisters and mother..do you ??

A modern Punjabi film song is also just as good.

Loki parh landey hanjuan whichon naan
Assaan assay laii ronaa chad ditta

Meaning that people can read the name from the tears. I have therefore given up crying. (So that my beloved doesn’t get a bad name)

From the movie Mel Karade Rabba ;)

the movie had the same song sung by 2 different singers..

Ataf Aslam version:

Feroz Khan version:

Feroz Khan and Atif Aslam blended version lol:

Don’t you think that good Punjabi poetry is comparable to the best one of any other language?

Definitely it is. We just don't have too many people promoting it. Otherwise, even classical works, such as Baba Bulleh Shah's poetry, I would say comparable to some of the best in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

He was just an artist veer. He shouldnt be expected to pontificate. He was just putting it the way it was in our towns and villages.

Back
Top Bottom