What's new

Punjabi Music

He was just an artist veer. He shouldnt be expected to pontificate. He was just putting it the way it was in our towns and villages.

..add to it..why dont the khalistanis kill the young youths having afeem, phency in front of their parents, why dont they kill the locals stil beating their wives in the false pride of jatthood ?? I'll tell why,becuase that would'nt have given them the popularity they were looking for...loll..and moreover am sure, killing chamkila did not gain any real name for them, instead made MR Amar singh Chnkila a real amar (martyr)..lol..his fans following increased after he got killed.

..add to it..why dont the khalistanis kill the young youths having afeem, phency in front of their parents, why dont they kill the locals stil beating their wives in the false pride of jatthood ?? I'll tell why,becuase that would'nt have given them the popularity they were looking for...loll..and moreover am sure, killing chamkila did not gain any real name for them, instead made MR Amar singh Chnkila a real amar (martyr)..lol..his fans following increased after he got killed.

Rightly said. Killing him made it even more popular. His lyrics might be rustic, uneducated and crude but he sang in the local lingo and used the idioms used at that time. And more importantly, his albums were block busters. One can see the number of remixes still being made of his 80's songs and we can realize how popular his music was.

Regarding the role of the Khalistanis, thats a whole different topic. We will need a different thread for that. :)

lol...i would say brilliant lyrics...what talent !! lol...and yes, I know khalistanis did a great job by killing him...the su**ers only could harm the harmless...while they have not been able to touch the culprits like KPS Gill and his followers..

thats not true bro.. they got Indira.. they got Beant.. they got numerous army and police commanders and officers.. Harman Heera was famous BKI commander operating in Hoshiarpur and Gurdaspur district.. even army used to be afraid going through that area (because local police would be too scared to come out to give army information and hide inside their barricade police stations).. and lets not forget Hawara.. hehe.. his unit carried out Punjab CMs assasination and then he made mockery of police loll..
chd%20(18).jpg

so yeaa bro not killing innocent suckers.. you know if these guys weren't betrayed and were still around.. today morons like Ram Raheem would think thousand times before saying anything against Sikh religion..

.but anyways...which song from chamkila would you like to hear bai ?? the listis long...loll

veere am not a big fann of Chamkila... so many proper legends of Punjabi culture.. Chamkila is not one.. :)

here are some legendary olds for you :) :

Punjabi music had some amazing legends.. Don't fall into the hype of Kanjur music loll.. :)

no you..cant play those songs in front them..but who asked you to ??
am sure you dont play those songs in fron of your sisters and mother..do you ??

Exactly... so how can that possibly be our culture if its too embarrassing to play in front of our families?? get what im saying now?? it isss kanjur culture bro.. agree with me or not now loll...

Last edited by a moderator:

thats not true... they were strict against anybody.. they went around village to village preaching people to become sikhs.. at that time all youths were promoted to wear turbans and read guru granth sahib and become Singhs... but today yeh ure right.. because today kanjur culture gets promoted.. because Indian government would rather have Kanjurs in Punjab than having Sikh lions in Punjab.. why do you think sardari in punjab is becoming extinct? Indian bollywood effectively all throughout 90s launched propaganda against sikhs where wearing a turban they would make fun of and try to embarass sikh youths from wearing turbans.. and promoting sikh kids to cut their kesh and become "kool"..

thats not true bro.. they got Indira.. they got Beant.. they got numerous army and police commanders and officers.. Harman Heera was famous BKI commander operating in Hoshiarpur and Gurdaspur district.. even army used to be afraid going through that area (because local police would be too scared to come out to give army information and hide inside their barricade police stations).. and lets not forget Hawara.. hehe.. his unit carried out Punjab CMs assasination and then he made mockery of police loll..
chd&

so yeaa bro not killing innocent suckers.. you know if these guys weren't betrayed and were still around.. today morons like Ram Raheem would think thousand times before saying anything against Sikh religion..

I know how they killed them while they were active and mass support behind them...but they didnt kill who all should have been killed, instead went ahead with foolish acts like killing artists...I still do not agree killin chamkla was an act that they can justify as, an act for the betterment of our culture...that was just a show of firepower..thats it.

veere am not a big fann of Chamkila... so many proper legends of Punjabi culture.. Chamkila is not one.. :)

I appreciate your list of legends of punjabi culture..but my includes chamkila as well..infact he would be somewhere on top..reason is simple..as much as we ignore...the reality still remains that he used the same lyrics from the local language..as was in trend and what kahlistanis said as vulgar, was used in everyday life. sometimes i also feel he was made to kill..though, I would not go into it.

i am a big fan of surinder kaur as well....but again, my list would include many other artiste..BTW on your fourth video..do you know I have met K Deep very recently at his residence.

Exactly... so how can that possibly be our culture if its too embarrassing to play in front of our families?? get what im saying now?? it isss kanjur culture bro.. agree with me or not now loll...

No I dont...an artist is an artist...its upto you how you respect it...whom you call kanjur culture artists..is like by most of the audience....as I said..you dont need to play them in front of your family..i dont ..am sure you would not and so does all the fans of chamkila.

Hoshiyar pur... a village called mehndipur(My grandfather was its labardar and the most prominent land holder) on the banks of river bias, near dasua.
The govt told us to leave and the jathas started to attack this ended till they reached pakistani border... Same happened to my maternal grandparents.

Wat they suffered is another story.A brother of my maternal granfathers died... maternal great granpa was shot... but his servant took him to Pakistan and was saved.... Lands,houses and wealth was all lost.

thats not true... they were strict against anybody.. they went around village to village preaching people to become sikhs.. at that time all youths were promoted to wear turbans and read guru granth sahib and become Singhs... but today yeh ure right.. because today kanjur culture gets promoted.. because Indian government would rather have Kanjurs in Punjab than having Sikh lions in Punjab.. why do you think sardari in punjab is becoming extinct? Indian bollywood effectively all throughout 90s launched propaganda against sikhs where wearing a turban they would make fun of and try to embarass sikh youths from wearing turbans.. and promoting sikh kids to cut their kesh and become "kool"..

though i would like to see youth of punjab to follow sikhism, the way it should be, I would not force them, to do so...as far as bollywood ruining our cultur is concerned, I would say, its the work of the gurdwara comitee to spread awareness, which thay have failed to do..and if the sikhs youths are falling for these traps, then its their own faults, that they find this acts like cutting their kesh cool...but thats a different topic altogether...which needs to be discussed thoroughly.

Brara you follow a very one sided view of the Khalistan movement. It wasn't as black and white as you believe it to be. There were a lot of shades of grey involved.

I personally know one guy who was from near my Mom's pind near Garhshanker. When he joined he was righteous and even helped out girls who were teased by village badmashs. Later he started taking money for settling land disputes and family arguments. One aggrieved party later conveyed his whereabouts to the Police and he was shot near Jalandhar.

And lets not blame the govt./police or anybody else for the decline of Sikhi in Punjab. We are ourselves responsible for it. And most of us us Jutts who are the furthest away from Sikhi.

Hoshiyar pur... a village called mehndipur(My grandfather was its labardar and the most prominent land holder) on the banks of river bias, near dasua.
The govt told us to leave and the jathas started to attack this ended till they reached pakistani border... Same happened to my maternal grandparents.

Wat they suffered is another story.A brother of my maternal granfathers died... maternal great granpa was shot... but his servant took him to Pakistan and was saved.... Lands,houses and wealth was all lost.

sad to hear veere.. and i know it was a very bad time and those jathas were led by local gundays who got perfect opportunity to murder and loot innocent people.. just very bloody time.. in our tehsil my grandfather saved as many people he could.. my family is jagirdars of Kharra in Faridkot and also some villages in Muktsar area.. there is one village Hassanpur which was predominantly muslim.. all the people of even surrounding villages started pehras and basically decided to help fight off any jathas and protect all the muslim families in our tehsils.. i know even today hassanpur has lots of muslim families.. and i know some voluntarily moved to pakistan afterwards but majority stayed and there was no violence there.. but otherwise it was very brutal.. innocent people were slaughtered and it was very dangerous.. especially in our area even.. faridkot muktsar.. and i think greatest massacre happened in your areas hoshiarpur and gurdaspur.. partition was really ugly thing.. too many innocent people died..

ohh and veerji, here you go, this is what i found, maybe can show some elders in your family.. until you can get a chance to visit yourself..

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

though it is closer to Hoshiarpur this one so im not sure if its same Mehndipur pind but it probably is.. i checked the areas around dasua.. which is not very far also.. anyhow seems your pind is in very close proximity to the hoshiarpur city now.. tuhaddi zameen di keemat khaasi vadiya hundi hunn... 1 killa probably around 50 lakhs easily..

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

I know how they killed them while they were active and mass support behind them...but they didnt kill who all should have been killed, instead went ahead with foolish acts like killing artists...I still do not agree killin chamkla was an act that they can justify as, an act for the betterment of our culture...that was just a show of firepower..thats it.

Yeh bro maybe you're right on this one..

I appreciate your list of legends of punjabi culture..but my includes chamkila as well..infact he would be somewhere on top..reason is simple..as much as we ignore...the reality still remains that he used the same lyrics from the local language..as was in trend and what kahlistanis said as vulgar, was used in everyday life. sometimes i also feel he was made to kill..though, I would not go into it.

maybe but man its very vulgar.. and that was trend in low class families bro.. i mean speaking like that.. otherwise how can one talk like that around family?

i am a big fan of surinder kaur as well....but again, my list would include many other artiste..BTW on your fourth video..do you know I have met K Deep very recently at his residence.

no i don't know.. lol.. where does he live now? punjab or abroad?

No I dont...an artist is an artist...its upto you how you respect it...whom you call kanjur culture artists..is like by most of the audience....as I said..you dont need to play them in front of your family..i dont ..am sure you would not and so does all the fans of chamkila.

i guess it is difference in our opinion.. but i do hope that if it is not respectable to play that type of vulgar music in front of our sisters and mothers its also not good to display such music with pride.. because its not really something to be proud of.. enjoy it personally.. but to showcase such vulgarity... u know wat i mean?

though i would like to see youth of punjab to follow sikhism, the way it should be, I would not force them, to do so...as far as bollywood ruining our cultur is concerned, I would say, its the work of the gurdwara comitee to spread awareness, which thay have failed to do..and if the sikhs youths are falling for these traps, then its their own faults, that they find this acts like cutting their kesh cool...but thats a different topic altogether...which needs to be discussed thoroughly.

broo i totally agree.. but I dooo realize thatt.. thats why im saying.. yeaa biggesttt blame ofcourse lies on the gurudwara commitees.... useless and corrupt people like SGPC... Badal deh apne khaas bande.. they dont care about sikhism at all... only power and kursiii...

Brara you follow a very one sided view of the Khalistan movement. It wasn't as black and white as you believe it to be. There were a lot of shades of grey involved.

I personally know one guy who was from near my Mom's pind near Garhshanker. When he joined he was righteous and even helped out girls who were teased by village badmashs. Later he started taking money for settling land disputes and family arguments. One aggrieved party later conveyed his whereabouts to the Police and he was shot near Jalandhar.

And lets not blame the govt./police or anybody else for the decline of Sikhi in Punjab. We are ourselves responsible for it. And most of us us Jutts who are the furthest away from Sikhi.

hanjiii veerji... main problem nu black ya white nahi vekh daa.. im not even big supporter of khalistanis.. its just after seeing the condition of punjab.. ohdo menu lagg da vii shayad ohna di thorri ji zaroorat aii right noww... delhi sarkaar nu seedha karn laii nii.... parr badal teh SGPC varge corrupt teh puthe bandeya nu seedha karn vaaste..

Talking of remixes. Here's one. I don't particularly like it but the reason I am posting it because I contributed in writing the lyrics (well not really as it was sung by Sadiq originally). I just helped write down the exact words and their pronunciations for the group. Do you guys see the irony in that? They are supposedly a Punjabi band from Chd but dont know the exact words and had to seek help!

Last edited by a moderator:
broo i totally agree.. but I dooo realize thatt.. thats why im saying.. yeaa biggesttt blame ofcourse lies on the gurudwara commitees.... useless and corrupt people like SGPC... Badal deh apne khaas bande.. they dont care about sikhism at all... only power and kursiii...

just an incident that I would like to share how SGPC has become a money making tool...here in my city, some local sikhs collected money and acquired an old bulding to turm it into a hospital for poor people named after on eof the gurus,initially it was working fine and was ran on money from local residents majority of them being sikh but the comitte played a politics over it and turned it into another expensive nursing home as it was under the comitee's name..andno one dares to go against it...now not a single poor patient is treated there and all the money that comes from there, goes straight into their pockets. so what was started to help the poor in the name of our Guru, is being used as a money making intituion.

Back
Top Bottom