What's new

Punjab: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

what is your opinion since you are part of this online discusion?
All societies have "lines" - some limit to activity or discussion it is forbidden to cross, at least informally. Pakistanis need to discover and re-examine these and ponder if a particular line needs to be crossed for the good of themselves and their country.

Reminds me of another time when people were executed on just an accusation. The main driver then was greed, I wonder how much land she owns?

Salem Witch Trials.

In accordance with Puritan beliefs, most accused "witches" were unmarried or recently widowed land-owning women; according to the law if no legal heir existed upon the owner's death, title to the land reverted to the previous owner, or (if no previous owner could be determined) to the colony.[citation needed] This made witch-hunting a possible method of acquiring a profitable piece of property.

the blasphemy laws have got to be tossed like garbage....

this story brings great shame!! And it goes against the concept of Pakistani Nation.

Soo true. I was talking to my Sisters about the killing of Umm Qirfa by the prophet Mohammed, and they both couldn't handle it, they both got up from their seats and starting shouting like crazy.. they kicked me out of our living room... My sisters are not even religious, so i was shocked at their response to me... they are still not speaking to me properly.

Are you one of 'em agnostic dudes by ant chance?

Good question. Yes majority are very touchy, atleast that's my experience. Religion is a very important part of our lives, much more than anything. Not a bad thing but that means it has a sacred position. You can't question it without getting labelled as Kafir. It has happened to me many times. :undecided:

you know somethin love how do we know you are a muslim or even a :pakistan:y ,this is the anonimous internet right ? ,for all we know you could be an indian shinin cow like me yes ?:devil:

wtf why are such bullies what is it with muslims and mob mentality esp in pakistan ? everytime they even hear something they don't like they attack people try or to kill them .They better come to their senses and let her go useless blasphemy is one of the worst things about pakistan younger generation of pakistanis is more tolerant and open minded i hope we can scrap it once zia generation bigots are dead.

I thought Pakistan had legal system based on the english is it running parallel sharia courts too?

semi secular, but we have this stupid blasphemy law where nooone can insult islam. but people abuse it such as the case here.

not wanting to convert and resisting by argument and debate is "insult to islam"? whats the punishment for forcefully converting a muslim to christianity? give that punishment to the women who were trying to convert her..

one fundamental question.. whats soo bothering those women of she was a christian or a hew or a hindu. The reason for islamophobia is because of this intolerance and discriminatory behavior towards other religions.

Seems quite medieval that this blasphemey law still exist in 2010 but also I know that in Saudi Arabia women can not drive cars that is just crazy in this day and age.

People in Pakistan are very reluctant to discuss religion particularly Islam. Any discussion on religion is termed as blasphemy. I mean there are many things in Islam that can be questioned.
You won't believe but many educated Muslims termed Scientific knowledge as Jewish-Christian conspiracy to pollute the minds of Muslim youth.;)

Thread very carefully sis :disagree:

you know somethin love how do we know you are a muslim or even a :pakistan:y ,this is the anonimous internet right ? ,for all we know you could be an indian shinin cow like me yes ?:devil:

Hello newbee or old bee! You are new to this forum. Please check my posts before passing a verdict.

How can you know that i am a Muslim. God knows. I don't have to prove it to you.
How can you know that i am even a Pakistani. Well i happen to be born in Islamabad which incidentally is a capital of Pakistan. What that means? I don't need to prove my loyalty to you on internet. I love my country more than you could love your country.

PS. Oh i forgot. Mods can check that from where i am posting. That will clear the confusion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom