What's new

Punjab: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

history facts can be disputed as well, who knows Pakzeeshan might have been wrong in his accounts? but anyways, getting furious and angry is not the way forward, his sisters must have debated him with strong arguments rather than throwing him out.

They didn't debate me. I wanted to show them proof, from the internet, i even had my laptop with me! But they didn't wanna know. They were telling me that these sources come from Zionists and Islamaphobes. :confused: .. Actually, we have never dicussed religion before...and my oldest sister is a pharmacy student at University too... she's usually very mature.
Even alot of well educated and "secular/moderate" Muslims will react in this manner when they lose an argument. We weren't even brought up as practicing Muslims...my family are Suffi Muslims.

And people wonder why Pakistan/US relationships are tense and shaky.

Imagine if a Muslim woman in the USA was sentenced to death for debating her faith and declaring "The concept of the Trinity is lunacy and idolatry!"

There'd be 100,000 rallies worldwide screaming bloody murder.

This woman should be immediately freed, and those who abused her family punished.

They didn't debate me. I wanted to show them proof, from the internet, i even had my laptop with me! But they didn't wanna know. They were telling me that these sources come from Zionists and Islamaphobes. :confused: .. Actually, we have never dicussed religion before...and my oldest sister is a pharmacy student at University too... she's usually very mature.
Even alot of well educated and "secular/moderate" Muslims will react in this manner when they lose an argument. We weren't even brought up as practicing Muslims...my family are Suffi Muslims.

People in Pakistan are very reluctant to discuss religion particularly Islam. Any discussion on religion is termed as blasphemy. I mean there are many things in Islam that can be questioned.

You won't believe but many educated Muslims termed Scientific knowledge as Jewish-Christian conspiracy to pollute the minds of Muslim youth.;)

^^^

But we don't even live in Pakistan. We are born and raised in the Netherlands.

Muslims in general are touchy about religion, more than others.

Overseas Pakistanis don't behave much differently if i consider my cousins who are born and raised in other countries. However i could be wrong.

People in Pakistan are very reluctant to discuss religion particularly Islam. Any discussion on religion is termed as blasphemy. I mean there are many things in Islam that can be questioned.

You won't believe but many educated Muslims termed Scientific knowledge as Jewish-Christian conspiracy to pollute the minds of Muslim youth.;)

just one question(off topic but could not hold my curiosity) do youths(current young generation) in pakistan is also very touchy about religion. i mean to say discussion about things of religion which fall under gray and may subject to doubts.

just one question(off topic but could not hold my curiosity) do youths(current young generation) in pakistan is also very touchy about religion. i mean to say discussion about things of religion which fall under gray and may subject to doubts.

Good question. Yes majority are very touchy, atleast that's my experience. Religion is a very important part of our lives, much more than anything. Not a bad thing but that means it has a sacred position. You can't question it without getting labelled as Kafir. It has happened to me many times. :undecided:

Because showing that your a Muslim means beating someone who got into a argument after your tried to convert them. Then the court of a country sentencing that person to death after. This is exactly why many people develop bigoted ideas about Islam. They see something like this and who is going to blame them. Tolerance and understanding is key here to resolving the rising islamaphobia issue.

It's a very dark, sad and bad side of Pakistan. Bring some changes.

Last edited:
death for blasphemy is incredibly bad Indeed, as being Muslims we are center of attention of many people in the world, so we should walk and talk carefully

Good question. Yes majority are very touchy, atleast that's my experience. Religion is a very important part of our lives, much more than anything. Not a bad thing but that means it has a sacred position. You can't question it without getting labelled as Kafir. It has happened to me many times. :undecided:

if that is the case , i think its time to reform education policy. i have two reports in pdf where it suggests that Islamic studies plays very big role in civics and urdu studies, which is part of curriculum from the time of zia. the effort put in by zia for Islamization(i dont know if this word exist but i felt like using it) of country led to non tolerant thinking of young generation.

you know why india remained secular(As far as i believe) because of education which promoted logical reasoning. study of religion remained for parents to teach kids at home and rest of things at school. thank fully because of that india is on progressive path today.
i may not be making any sense to you now or i may be sounding like people who enjoys pakistan bashing but you will see in few years. i am genuinely concerned about young generation of today because they are going to be future of human kind. i have many more things to say but ..........

very off topic but could resist my self , sorry about that its hard to see a whole generation lost.

We cannot easily accuse a man for theft or murder,it requires a lot of evidence for a court to convict someone for murder or theft.But in the case of this blasphemy law,one muslim need only to say he saw a non muslim commit blasphemy..and that non muslim is screwed.
One need not be a rocket scientist to understand how this law can easily be misused.But since this is a part of shariah,a lot of people are ready to believe there is nothing wrong in this law.And it cannot be changed because shariah law is perfect and unchangable.

if that is the case , i think its time to reform education policy. i have two reports in pdf where it suggests that Islamic studies plays very big role in civics and urdu studies, which is part of curriculum from the time of zia. the effort put in by zia for Islamization(i dont know if this word exist but i felt like using it) of country led to non tolerant thinking of young generation.

you know why india remained secular(As far as i believe) because of education which promoted logical reasoning. study of religion remained for parents to teach kids at home and rest of things at school. thank fully because of that india is on progressive path today.
i may not be making any sense to you now or i may be sounding like people who enjoys pakistan bashing but you will see in few years. i am genuinely concerned about young generation of today because they are going to be future of human kind. i have many more things to say but ..........

very off topic but could resist my self , sorry about that its hard to see a whole generation lost.

Hmm never took civics as this is not a compulsory subject. So i can' t say. As for Urdu, i don't agree that it gives emphasis on religion. Urdu courses mostly include poetry, essays, novel extracts but you will not see anything related to religion much. However this reminds me of something that my father noticed while reviewing my Urdu books. When he was a student , Urdu books contained writings of Non Muslim writers like Prem chand but this was not in my case. For some reason his writings were removed by the time it was my turn to study Urdu. I have read him. Today students don't know that they are missing a very fine part of literature.

@ topic
This has happened for the second time that discrimination against Christians went unnoticed. How the hell our main newspapers didn't report it? Are there any Pak jounalists on this forum? I guess Jana is. Jana! Can you do something? I will also write about this issue in Letters to editor but there is full possibility that they may not publish it.

Back
Top Bottom