What's new

Pratibha Patil grabs 2,61,000 sq ft of land meant for soldiers and officers

I would anyday trade this lady (along with the Gandhi family) for Zardari.

People have a vast misconception on Zardari based on the pak posters.

Bahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!

I'm sorry, but you don't know anything about the glutton.

I agree with you. Having seen his actions/reactions, I always felt he has the right attitude. He might be corrupt to an extent but I feel his corruption is magnified and villified. Given a chance, he would have played a calming role in the India-Pakistan relationships.

Zardari is the sacrificial lamb for all the mistakes going on in Pakistan - even logically if he is not responsible.

President Pratibha Patil's foreign trips cost record Rs 205 crore :sick::sick:

NEW DELHI: President Pratibha Patil's wanderlust has cost the public exchequer a whopping Rs 205 crore on her foreign visits, surpassing the record of all her predecessors.

Since assuming office as the country's first woman President in July 2007, Patil has undertaken 12 foreign trips covering 22 countries across four continents. She has four more months to go for her five-year tenure and a trip to South Africa is said to be on the anvil.

A series of RTI applications has revealed that Air India incurred over Rs 169 crore on use of chartered aircraft, always a Boeing 747-400, on the foreign visits by Patil, mostly accompanied by her family members. A visit to Bhutan was covered by a smaller jet.

A further sum of nearly Rs 36 crore has been incurred by the Ministry of External Affairs on accommodation, local travel, daily Allowance and "miscellaneous" expenses, according to the information provided by the ministry.

The RTI applications were filed over a period of three years during which the authorities concerned showed great reluctance to reveal information.

The Ministry of Defence, which pays Air India for use of chartered aircraft by the President, fended off RTI queries and provided little information.

Air India has billed the Defence Ministry for over Rs 169 crore on account of aircraft used by Patil. Of this, the Ministry has paid nearly Rs 153 crore, leaving unpaid bills of over Rs 16 crore.

Zardari is the sacrificial lamb for all the mistakes going on in Pakistan - even logically if he is not responsible.

Agreed. For example Pakistanis are blaming Zardari for their power problems, but is not ready to look back to the incompetence of Gen. Mushraff's regime who failed to establish any power stations.

Amen. Whatever the fault of his during Benazir's regime, he is paying for it now.

I on my own don't like this old lady from begining as president......she does not fullfill higher standards of being as a president.

Dr.Kalaam was truly a role model for presidency...he was magnificent

These 65+ ones which are donning the post as a retirement home is proving to be a shame to nation.

Never seen a good President in my life time. Probably Abdul Kalam was the only person whom some admiration can be passed.

Why blame Patil? She is being rewarded for her services as a dishwasher to Indira Gandhi.

Do you think Manmohan would survive for even a single day if he had a spine. He is PM only because he has agreed to be a Chhapraasi. If he raises his voice the Italian waitress will throw him on the street in 5 minutes.

seriously you guys think zardari is better then her i know what she did right now is like the height of corruption but our pm is in memo case his son is now involved in drug case and our president ate the aid and the country for 4 years. i say they r both the worse beings on this planet and i give zardari worst on any planet.

I dont know why they made her the president...well congress believes in puppets..

Why this Presidentship anyway?

People of the country is no way involved in electing the highest post of a country in a Democratic nation.

They are selected in some corridor in whatever place.

System bloody system. Bull sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously you guys think zardari is better then her i know what she did right now is like the height of corruption but our pm is in memo case his son is now involved in drug case and our president ate the aid and the country for 4 years. i say they r both the worse beings on this planet and i give zardari worst on any planet.

But seeing from this side of the border, it seems Zardari is vilified from day one by some vested interests. Whats more disturbing is that people encouraged by some media, denouncing democracy altogether. Your media, always 'exposes' the corruption by the Govt, but never is interested in spreading the democratic ideals to the people. I have seen some of the media reports about Zardari's visit to India. Instead of seeing this as a thaw in relations b/n the 2 countries, they are accusing Zardari of not cancelling the visit due to the Siachen incident and not going to Siachen himself..What type of ridiculous argument is this?Also Pakistanis accuse the current government for everything that was brought upon the country by Gen. Mushraff.

Whatever it is he cannot match our 2 G scam.

Why this Presidentship anyway?

People of the country is no way involved in electing the highest post of a country in a Democratic nation.

They are selected in some corridor in whatever place.

System bloody system. Bull sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not involved directly. President is selected by the electoral college of MLAs & MPs.

Back
Top Bottom