What's new

Population now 14.80cr

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Monday, April 9, 2012
Population now 14.80cr
File photoStar Online Report

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/latest_news.php?nid=36961

The country's population now stands at 14.80 crore, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS) said after verifying and adjusting the findings of fifth census, private TV channel ATN Bangla reports.

After the Population and Housing Census 2011, the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) put the number of population at 14.23 crore, which was 1.8 crore more than a decade ago.

The preliminary results of the census did not tally with the figures projected the previous year by different United Nations bodies and government high-ups.

Debates and confusions regarding the population count arose when United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in its 2010 world population report said Bangladesh's population that year was around 16.44 crore. The government criticised the report for being inaccurate.

However, in its The State of the World Population 2011 report, the UNFPA in October 2011 put the number of Bangladesh’s population at 15.05 crore.

According to the preliminary findings of the fifth census released on July 16, 2011, the annual growth rate is 1.34 percent.

The census findings put the number of people living in every square kilometre is 964, compared to 834 in 2001.

The latest census, fifth of its kind, also reveals that average size of household decreased in last 10 years, as families have become smaller.

Currently, household size is 4.4 persons, compared to 4.8 in 2001 and 5.5 in 1991.

In the 2001 census, Bangladesh had 12.43 crore people.

========================================================================================================================================================================================

3.97% people uncounted in census

Mon, Apr 9th, 2012 2:19 pm BdST

Dhaka, Apr 9 (bdnews24.com)—Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS) has estimated the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) failed to count 3.97 percent of the population in the 2011 census.

"The error is lower than the 2001 census when 4.98 percent people were left out," director-general Dr Mustafa K Mujeri said as he disclosed the results of the post-enumeration check at his office on Monday.

The preliminary results of the Population and Housing Census 2011 released on July 16 last year showed Bangladesh's total population at 142.319 million on Mar 15, the census night.

To eliminate the error, BIDS was assigned the task of post-enumeration check to determine the coverage and content errors of the census.

If the undercount is adjusted in the preliminary results, the number of population will be 5.7 million more.

"But the number will be even more once we finalise the final results of the census," BBS director-general Md Shahjahan Ali Mollah said, adding they will be able to produce the final results by June.

"We will adjust this 3.97 percent in the final count," he said.

bdnews24.com/nih/bd/1354h

================================================================================================================================================

Can any one tell me whether this figure has counted the 8 million NRB those who live abroad or not?

Couple of years ago I read an article on daily star which stated that if we can reduce the fertility rate below 2 we will have a
stable population of 230 million by 2060 or something i.e the population will remain static around 230 million. Yet 230 million is a
huge number. We simply need more mega cities, at least 10 mega cities is a must to fulfill the needs for such a huge number.

Couple of years ago I read an article on daily star which stated that if we can reduce the fertility rate below 2 we will have a
stable population of 230 million by 2060 or something i.e the population will remain static around 230 million. Yet 230 million is a
huge number. We simply need more mega cities, at least 10 mega cities is a must to fulfill the needs for such a huge number.

We will get 10 or 20 mega cities what u want but where from the food will come have thought?

Woooooo...I never realized that's too much for such a tiny country. I am sorry but you guys might need a one child policy of sort for your own future.

we planning to pole vault to India, bro.:smokin:

Woooooo...I never realized that's too much for such a tiny country. I am sorry but you guys might need a one child policy of sort for your own future.

I support a 2 children limit for urban couples and a 4 children limit for rural couples. Anyways, BD's future doesn't look too bright, for now.

Bangladesh has amongst the world's highest population densities and with climate change, the situation is only going to worsen.

I think we do not need any cities. We just have to build commercial zones where people will go for work. Rest people can stay in their villages, of course modified with need of population of time, and there you go, you have working area in one place and not losing village bangla. Those who are not fortunate enough to see villages of bangladesh, you do not know that if more cities are made instead of keeping green bangla villages, you do not know what you're missing.

And one more thing, most of the people in bangladesh still live in the villages.

This tropical land has always been a populated one,nothing to be surprised over that.As our economy is growing at a more than good pace and will be running like Usain Bolt in future IshaAllah,then we'll be needing huge work force to run the industries and todays burden will be tomorrows golden egg laying ducks.If i am not wrong Japan was in the same situation i guess, with little or no resources and loads of mouths to feed.Then they felt the needs to work hard and now......Though same but we are in a different scenario like people are not integrated enough towards development,political craps etc.
I don't see population as burden rather it'll work as a tonic for us to keep on working hard to feed this gigantic mouth.

All this climate change thing is nothing but hoax and way too exaggerated,West put this thing on limelight and our politicians are fueling it 24x7 to get some fund which can fill up their pockets.More and more new islands are rising every year all around the lower delta down south and within next ten years the total area of new found lands would be 1/3 of todays Bangladesh and i've read a news where it was said Govt. is going to make some kind of Rubber Dam to get more new lands.Some years ago also heard thaat nature lovers were protesting against it as through this Rubber Dam process entire Kuakata beach would be vanished !!

This tropical land has always been a populated one,nothing to be surprised over that.As our economy is growing at a more than good pace and will be running like Usain Bolt in future IshaAllah,then we'll be needing huge work force to run the industries and todays burden will be tomorrows golden egg laying ducks.If i am not wrong Japan was in the same situation i guess, with little or no resources and loads of mouths to feed.Then they felt the needs to work hard and now......Though same but we are in a different scenario like people are not integrated enough towards development,political craps etc.
I don't see population as burden rather it'll work as a tonic for us to keep on working hard to feed this gigantic mouth.

All this climate change thing is nothing but hoax and way too exaggerated,West put this thing on limelight and our politicians are fueling it 24x7 to get some fund which can fill up their pockets.More and more new islands are rising every year all around the lower delta down south and within next ten years the total area of new found lands would be 1/3 of todays Bangladesh and i've read a news where it was said Govt. is going to make some kind of Rubber Dam to get more new lands.Some years ago also heard thaat nature lovers were protesting against it as through this Rubber Dam process entire Kuakata beach would be vanished !!

nothing pisses me off more than environmental hippies, i am all for democracy but these rascals should be sent to the firing squad. They are worse than terrorists.

bhai just pray that everything will go well for bangladesh and Insh Allah everything will. Alhamdulillah, allah apnar bhalo koruk.

So our GDP per capita is $1908 instead of $1700(PPP). That um is a good news i think

Our agricultural land is decreasing at a rate of 1% per year. If this continues, at current growth rate, after 70 years only 50% of arable land will remain for a population of some 360 million. Only visible solution is taking agricultural land on lease in foreign countries.

I think we do not need any cities. We just have to build commercial zones where people will go for work. Rest people can stay in their villages, of course modified with need of population of time, and there you go, you have working area in one place and not losing village bangla. Those who are not fortunate enough to see villages of bangladesh, you do not know that if more cities are made instead of keeping green bangla villages, you do not know what you're missing.

And one more thing, most of the people in bangladesh still live in the villages.

Bro why do you think cities will destroy villages? Villages and cities can both coexist together. 10 Properly planned cities of a
1000sqkm will not even be 1/15 of BD land area. We can have special EEZ surrounding the cities or in other designated
places and at the same time satellite towns will sprung surrounding each cities. Off course Gov must be fully involved in this
and all this can be done by protecting the environment. The only issue here is money and
political vision. :D

Our agricultural land is decreasing at a rate of 1% per year. If this continues, at current growth rate, after 70 years only 50% of arable land will remain for a population of some 360 million. Only visible solution is taking agricultural land on lease in foreign countries.

Ok Im agree with that govt is taking those steps but they r doing it very much slowly.

But what about creating some areas in the sea.So many countries has done that.We can than move some people in those areas.There r proof that in our sea area, some area has only one to two feet water.Blocking those areas we can easily gain that.

But to do that we need huge money & experience.

Back
Top Bottom