What's new

POLL: Which will be more effective, "SAARC" or "Brother Nation" idea.

Which will be more effective, "SAARC" or "Brother Nation" idea.

• Total voters
And yes they were proud Pakistanis.

But you guys drew the first blood. You guys laid down the foundation by ill treating people and discriminating against them.

And the reality check is they are Bangladeshis today proud Bangladeshis

You have done stabbing them in the past.... What is the guarantee that you will not try on the sovereignty of Bangladesh with the concept of Brother Nations.
Yes, what you have said about drawing first blood, is true. Even then, a good relationship with Pakistan is needed to balance a militarily and economically powerful India. Therefore, a brother nation status between BD and Pakistan is welcome, but not at the expense of SAARC.

Check and balance is the rule of game among all the neighbouring countries of the world. India cannot be allowed to act unilaterally and whimsically in this region. A BD Pakistan good relationship somehow neutralizes Indian power. This way, India will not produce another Hitler.

cut the bull crap and take it somewhere else. We know what india is upto.

Please elaborate and reply to my points inspite of calling any one favoring India as a RAW stooge or an Indian. By the same logic you also become Pakistani but hardly found an Indian claiming on your nationality.

If I am talking good about Bangladesh does that make me Bangladeshi
or if I say Pakistani singers are great do I become Pakistani.:no:

Yes, what you have said about drawing first blood, is true. Even then, a good relationship with Pakistan is needed to balance a militarily and economically powerful India. Therefore, a brother nation status between BD and Pakistan is welcome, but not at the expense of SAARC.

Check and balance is the rule of game among all the neighbouring countries of the world. India cannot be allowed to act unilaterally and whimsically in this region. A BD Pakistan good relationship somehow neutralizes Indian power. This way, India will not produce another Hitler.

Yes on the grounds of military as a Bangladeshi if you think it is 100% correct. I agree with all your points.

But when it comes economically things shape up in diffrent manner. Indian investments can be better for Bangladesh as raising more jobs and other benefits. As well as there are Indian assets in terms of investment in business Indians will have to think 100 times before any adventure against Bangladesh.

SAARC is to be joined by few big names as that of China and Russia which would be much more better for Bangladesh.

POLL: Which will be more effective, "SAARC" or "Brother Nation" idea.

Where India will definitely not agree to give transit from Bangladesh to China, Nepal, Bhutan or Pakistan via India. Then there is not need to have ''SAARC''.

Then the peoples of both country can feel them self as like their own country.
..There may have same currency like euro.
...Or currency swap aggrement.
....There may have free trade zone.
.....There may have the strong unity and exchange of technologies.
......But remember, the both country is different.
........But the world will say them as "BROTHER NATION".
Talks are ongoing about providing rail transit from BD to Pakistan via India and probably Nepal under SAARC. A good relationship between BD and Pakistan is welcome, but there cannot be SAME CURRENCY for the two countries living far apart. Even before 1971, Pakistan Awami League wanted two separate currencies for the two wings of Pakistan in its 6-point demands.

Last edited:
SAARC: The formation of “Gang of Three”

N.P.Upadhyaya

The Indian establishment must have begun feeling the heat.
To the utter chagrin of the self proclaimed regional “big-brother”, India, perhaps have had not expected that the “gang of three”, e.g. Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh would conspire against her right being in New Delhi itself for the grand inclusion of India’s declared “number one enemy”, as was said by George Fernandes while he was the defense minister a couple of years back, in the Group of the SAARC regional body.

In effect, Nepal, Bangladesh and understandably Pakistan lobbied for the inclusion of China as a respected and honored member of the regional body concluding that China’s entry into SAARC would mean much to them.

To recall, it is these countries who have time and again been subjected to Indian hegemony in the past under one pretext or the other.

Nepal is the number one victims of Indian hegemony, by all standards, say Kathmandu intellectuals.

However, how come Bangladesh, a country for whose birth itself have had India’s overt and covert support, too advocating China’s inclusion in the SAARC? And for what reasons?

Perhaps Bangladesh too has begun feeling what India meant to it.

As for Pakistan, it is understandable and thus desirable that Pakistan as a sovereign country would want the inclusion of China solely to “neutralize and minimize” the Indian dictates as it stands today not only in the regional politics but also whose impact is visibly seen in the bilateral relations.

But then how come Nepal’s Prime Minister Koirala could collect this courage? How he could lobby in favor of China from just an observer to a full member of the regional body? This is mind boggling indeed.

Perhaps Koirala’s days are over, analysts say. To recall, it was King Gyanendra whose personal contribution made during the SAARC Summit held in Dhaka last year in favor of granting an observer status to China that not only irritated India-the arch rival of China-but the entire Indian establishment came heavily down against the Nepal King to the extent that King Gyanendra now has been, in the words of Nepal PM Koirala stands as a mere “public”.

Be that as it may, the formation of the “Gang of three” in the SAARC paraphernalia is an indication that the smaller neighbors of India would very much appreciate if China’s entry into the SAARC scheme as a full member materialized. This has ample political connotation. While this is good news for India’s small neighbors, for India itself this news is a “bomb-shell”-no less than that.

The meaning lay underneath.

Yet another political landmine for India: Nepal’s prime minister is shortly visiting People’s Republic of China.

This news perhaps gives some more meaning to the formation of the Gang of three which is yet to take a formal shape. (April 6, 07)

Telegraph Nepal : SAARC: The formation of “Gang of Three”

India may not be a good neighbour but Bangladeshis are lucky that they do not have Pakistan as their neighbour. Alhamdulillah.
After staying in hibernation, this RAM like buoyed Bangla Vhai came back to kick some Megnath's arch's. We got to find some ars's whole from here on. Also this RAM forgot the fact that Pakistani virtual temper wasn’t even as hot as hot as Bharat Rakhakers.

Yes on the grounds of military as a Bangladeshi if you think it is 100% correct. I agree with all your points.

But when it comes economically things shape up in diffrent manner. Indian investments can be better for Bangladesh as raising more jobs and other benefits. As well as there are Indian assets in terms of investment in business Indians will have to think 100 times before any adventure against Bangladesh.

SAARC is to be joined by few big names as that of China and Russia which would be much more better for Bangladesh.
Ok, I agree with you about economic matters. By the way, is it true that China and Russia are to join SAARC? Or, they just receive observer status?

Ok, I agree with you about economic matters. By the way, is it true that China and Russia are to join SAARC? Or, they just receive observer status?

Not sure about Russia but China wants to join but Indians are objecting to it... (( :D ))......... But apart from SAARC also Indians and BD should go for more trade as well as with more with SAARC nations. Each others investments into regions will only lower down the possiblity of war or equivalent situations with each others assets at stake. This can lay the very first brick for the peace in south Asia.

Not sure about Russia but China wants to join but Indians are objecting to it... (( :D ))......... But apart from SAARC also Indians and BD should go for more trade as well as with more with SAARC nations. Each others investments into regions will only lower down the possiblity of war or equivalent situations with each others assets at stake. This can lay the very first brick for the peace in south Asia.
BD's economic foundation is becoming stronger now-a-days. BD banks are holding too much of liquidity much of which cannot be immediately used as capital to invest in BD. The reason is the lack of production of electricity.

Much of this capital can be invested in Indian NE by the BD investors if power is available there. On the other hand, a business and trade delegation from Calcutta have visited BD and the govt of India has requested to build a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for Indian entrepreneures, probably in Iswardy.

By the way, BD is already exporting common and non-common goods to India's NE. Traders will also set up a special shopping complex in Agartala. BD exports are expected to reach $1 billion by 2011. However, I think the balance of trade with India will be more tilted in favour of India, because BD will then import additional goods from NE, that include limestone, timber, power etc.

This thread was opened by 'raresouls'
While you are all having khushi time here oblivious to the fact that he has been banned - is it too much to ask you all to appeal to the Moderators to have the ban on him removed with the proviso of not spamming others.
He is just a student and I am sure he will evolve over his own mistakes. :police:

If Bangladesh and Pakistan improve relation by doing trade in greater volume,and co operating in other fields such as Defence,then there is no need to be a "Brother Nation" officially.If the proposed Lahore-Delhi-Dhaka rail link is established,we will be one step closer to better relations.

This thread was opened by 'raresouls'
While you are all having khushi time here oblivious to the fact that he has been banned - is it too much to ask you all to appeal to the Moderators to have the ban on him removed with the proviso of not spamming others.
He is just a student and I am sure he will evolve over his own mistakes. :police:
I second that, seagull sir.

India may not be a good neighbour but Bangladeshis are lucky that they do not have Pakistan as their neighbour. Alhamdulillah.

East Timore asked for better relation with Indonesia,even after decades of torture,killing and raping.Why?To improve East Timore's condition.
We are not in a bad condition like East Timore,but we still need better relation with Pakistan for the sake of progressing.

Let me remind you one thing,we are in no position to blame others when we have failed to punish the war criminals inside our own country.And its almost 40 years.Instead we elected them to rule the country.
Believe it or not an AL MP,elected this time,from Patuakhali was a rajakar.There are reports of presence of more rajakars in AL.
All this contradicts our "Great" AL's big mouth stuff.They just used the rajakar issue to catch the neutral voters.That's it.

As for Pakistan army's war crime,yes I do believe that they committed war crime.A formal apology and there should be no more on this issue.
Let me give you another example.
One of the perpetrators of My Lai massacre,Lt.William L. Calley,recently apologised to the Vietnamese.But according to Al-Zazeera news report,most Vietnamese does not even care for it.As Vietnam now has better relation with US in terms of trade.US is now the largest foreign investor in Vietnam.

So its time we move on,but no one should forget the past.

Last edited:
Pakistan will not succeed SA and Bd will not survive bharati aggression alone thus why are some geniuses are not for "brother nation"?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom