What's new

Policy paralysis may cost India UN permanent seat

I don't even understand why Indian government considers it so important to be at the UNSC . It will only complicate things and make it difficult for India to follow its traditionally non-aligned policy . It is better to stay out and develop the country. Infact , if I was India's leader , a UNSC seat would not even be on my list of priorities .

well according to the current posture of world India might get UNSC seat in atleast 10 years. Not before that.The World is watching Indian economy and its industry. And a decade is enough to determine the future of the country the way it is going. But if India becomes an Industrial power in the coming 5-7 years we will get the UNSC.

30 days from now if ruppee jumps back to 40 we will have over taken britain and brazil, then do we have ur permission to join the p5 Mr chinese dragon.

It is a good thing you edited the abusive post, Mr. Karan 21.

Next time refrain from using abusive language agaisnt our Chinese Friends in Urdu. That is what cowards do. If you want to curse him why not use English language so he understands what you said.

Did you know that India has the smallest economy out of all the G4 members? (Germany, Japan, India and Brazil).

So why would India get it first?

You forget that India does not just bow down to the US, but to China also. :azn:

India bows to US pressure, cuts Iran oil imports - Times Of India

Mihir Sharma: India's shameful kowtow to China - Business Standard

When the USA and NATO were warning the entire world not to vote against the Syria resolution, what did China do? That's right, we vetoed it anyway.

What did India do? What do you think, they voted the way that the USA told them to, i.e. in favour of the Syria resolution.

Chinese are quick on spreading factitious propaganda and earn brownie points. You people can force words on other's statements as well. Just few days back when Philippines moved their ships away because of bad weather you guys ranted all over that they have thrown the towel. We have been seeing the same propaganda on 1962 war against India as well.

You Chinese are becoming boring and too predictable. I wouldn't have wasted my time on searching those links you have just posted. Talk to me without links and your typical nonsense, I can trust people merely on the face value of what they originally say, if they have any. Your argument shows you have basic comprehension problem always comparing apple and oranges.

China bowed down to US pressure and left her all weather friend Pakistan high and dry on Iran gas pipe line.

Cutting (very slowly) oil imports from Iran is our balanced approach foreseeing any future conflicts which will make these supplies to almost a halt; leading our economy to oblivion.

On Syrian issue, Chinese stand was much on the lines of her typical cold blooded trend of saving rogue states. Ask a Pakistani what they think about what is happening in Syria and what China is standing for.

The Indian vote in UN doesn't mean it has to be always against USA. We have our own wisdom which reflects or assume the will of our own population of varying demographics. The ever increasing death toll has forced India to think differently against her previous stands on Syria. Its good to be innovative and keep analysing the situation than becoming a ruthless cold blooded nation who can only think about its own personal benefits (Syrian oil) against larger interest of humanity.

Our foreign policy is independent of any outside influence and many even in China are envy about it, I can post a link to prove it.

Our foreign policy is independent of any outside influence and many even in China are envy about it, I can post a link to prove it.

LOL. Those two links I posted were from INDIANS, and they show how India has bowed not only to the USA but to China as well.

Even your Defence Minister Anthony is whining that China has violated India's borders 500 times in the past two years alone.

You forget that India does not just bow down to the US,

China cut its oil imports from Iran too, Should that bee interpreted as Chinese bowing to American/West pressure as well? ;)

Besides there are incidents of China bowing to American demands.

Does Hainan Island incident ring a bell? :wave:

If you consider India perventing protest by Tibetian refugess as an example of bowing to China

Then, it not surprising again considertng the fact you are not aware of rights of refugees in India.

Public protest is right only Indian citizens.

But then again, do you think those Tibetian refugees should be allowed to protest?

Do you sympathize with them?

:woot: Didn't know you supported freedom of Tibet

When the USA and NATO were warning the entire world not to vote against the Syria resolution, what did China do? That's right, we vetoed it anyway.

What did India do? What do you think, they voted the way that the USA told them to, i.e. in favour of the Syria resolution.

First, i don't recall any official statement from the USA or NATO, warning nations against supporting Syrian Assad regime diplomatically.

India voted obviously because what Assad was doing was wrong. No reason why India should annoy the Arab world.

Besides, the fact that put this issue for point scoring probably tells how much you support Assad slaughtering Syrian citizens.

But it comes no surprise why the "culturally revolutionized" :lol: Chinese would take his nation supporting slaughter as something to be proud of.

Your whole point of India not getting into UN based on its foreign policy being susceptible to super power influence falls flat as China has some examples of despite being a UN security council permanent member and yet succumbing to American demands.

I don't even understand why Indian government considers it so important to be at the UNSC . It will only complicate things and make it difficult for India to follow its traditionally non-aligned policy . It is better to stay out and develop the country. Infact , if I was India's leader , a UNSC seat would not even be on my list of priorities .

I'll admit UNSC seat for India is too early may next half century is fine.

Reason we wish for UNSC seat is India wants more flexibility when it comes to her interests.

It is a good thing you edited the abusive post, Mr. Karan 21.

Next time refrain from using abusive language agaisnt our Chinese Friends in Urdu. That is what cowards do. If you want to curse him why not use English language so he understands what you said.

They can curse us in any language they like, since our friends (such as yourself) can easily help us understand what is being said. :wave:

Same topic discussed over and over again, these decisions are taken by the country heads and no amount of speculation is gonna deduce the outcome. So wait and see.

most of the chinese members know $h!t about international politics yet come here babbling some wet dreams..china already said they will support India's UNSC bid.i don't know why they don't complete their homework before coming here...

The Hindu : News / International : “China ready to support Indian bid for UNSC”

@Chinese members,before making some comments please know about it.you are giving china a bad name.

and @Singaporean members....

your country is also ready to support India's UNSC bid.don't come up every thread with India's economy,falling of rupee and all...

Singapore supports India's bid for permanent UNSC seat - Yahoo! News India

most of the chinese members know $h!t about international politics yet come here babbling some wet dreams..china already said they will support India's UNSC bid.i don't know why they don't complete their homework before coming here...

The Hindu : News / International : “China ready to support Indian bid for UNSC”

@Chinese members,before making some comments please know about it.you are giving china a bad name.

and @Singaporean members....

your country is also ready to support India's UNSC bid.don't come up every thread with India's economy,falling of rupee and all...

Singapore supports India's bid for permanent UNSC seat - Yahoo! News India

Typical lying Indian media. :lol:

And did you even read the article? The Chinese official was talking to the Indian Communist Party, and saying that India should ditch the rest of the G4 (Japan in particular) if they wanted support.

And India did NOT do so. :lol: So what do you think is going to happen?

If there were no obtacles, India would be a permanent member already. But as usual, Indian superpower dreams are clouding the reality.

can we INDIANS stop this non-sence.
the more we demand this worth less SC permanent membership here in PDF, the more this troll brigade from CHINA and PAKISTAN are discriminating us. Lets not give these fools a chance.
Also if we are destined to become the 6th member of the SC, then no one has the capacity to stop us. All we need is to do our home work and be prepared for the hardships that there in the path that we take as a nation and as a individual

completely agree

we have broken 6th country jinx earlier and will do this time too if things go right

we just need to to work hard,play our cards well and should leave this matter to time

If you consider Indian media to be Typical lying, then why do quote them? :lol:

So, i f we get this straight

Either ,you are propagating what you yourself believe is lies.

or you choose post them when it appeals your deviant sense of judgment.

I think the UN needs to be reformed. Especially the Security Conucil. The Security Council might reflect on the world order that was present in the 1940s (WWII Allied Sides), but in no way can we keep using that as a framework for the long term future of the planet. Powers come and go, UK and France are not even close to the influence they enjoyed in the 1940s, I think that all nations should have a vote to choose temporary UN Security Council members every 5 years or so like they do now, but the Security Council Permanent Members should be scrapped altogether.

And did you even read the article? The Chinese official was talking to the Indian Communist Party, and saying that India should ditch the rest of the G4 (Japan in particular) if they wanted support.

And India did NOT do so. :lol: So what do you think is going to happen?

If there were no obtacles, India would be a permanent member already. But as usual, Indian superpower dreams are clouding the reality.

Coming from a Chinese where the State controls and propogates lies through the media, thats rich.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom