What's new

Playstation Network Offline?

The real reason for PSN outage was a hacker group named Rebug created a CFW which converts retail console into devlopers console.

So in a devs console u can do anything , play on PSN for free , buy from PSN store even if credit card is not authorized .
This translates that any CFW user could download games for free from PSN store :lol:
And this hack would have been undectable

Sony somehow got info about this hack

So they are rebuilding PSN from scratch not repairing it and this rebuilding process takes 7-10 days so dont expect PSN to start anytime soon

And there were rumors that user's account details were compromised is false so dont get panicked

sure add me...

id is

Pukhtoon_Soldier

@ Blackops -- it's been about 5 days since I played CoD Blackops. Whatever yaar, thing is down so can't do nothin about it. Just ride your cycle or play non-online match. Unlike Microsoft Live people, we dont pay for PSN service; and in fact soon i wont be surpised if PS3 users will be charged a fee to use it.

cool my id is "masboy7" thanks

Come on guys lets add each other and we can take out our frustration by playing black ops or HAWK 2 etc. It will be fun...

(CNN) -- A hacker has obtained the personal information of PlayStation Network account holders and subscribers of the Qriocity streaming service, Sony said in a message to customers Tuesday.

Sony's investigations over the past week determined that an "unauthorized person" had obtained users' names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, birth dates and passwords, according to a statement being sent to all account holders.

The attack also has crippled Sony's PlayStation Network, which has some 70 million subscribers and has been down since April 20. The network lets customers download video games from the Web and play against each other online.

"While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility," said Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment, which manage the two services, in a joint statement.

The hacker could have taken credit card numbers, card expiration dates, billing addresses, answers to security questions and purchase history, but not credit-card security codes, they said.

Sony is encouraging customers "to protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss" by reviewing credit-card statements. The company also suggested that some customers may want to place a "fraud alert" with credit bureaus.

Sony did not say how many accounts had been compromised. A spokeswoman declined to comment Tuesday.

Some subscribers reacted angrily to the news.

"You waited a WEEK to tell us our (personal) information was compromised?" one PlayStation user wrote on a Sony blog. "That should have been said last Thursday" -- the day when Sony first acknowledged the issue.

The intrusions occurred between April 17 and 19, according to the statement. On April 20, Sony switched off the PlayStation and Qriocity online services, which have remained in the dark.

Users and paid subscribers were also mostly in the dark until Tuesday about the reason for the lengthy outage or about when services would be reinstated.

Sony initially said its PS network would be be back online within one to two days.

On Tuesday, PlayStation spokesman Patrick Seybold wrote in a statement that it could take another week before they "expect to restore some services."

Sony: Hacker stole PlayStation users' personal info - CNN.com

See what happened with the PSN is Solid Snake and Raiden conducted a midnight operation and infiltrated the Sony Playstation Headquarters and hacked and sabotaged the network; bringing the the servers down. They apparently cause the servers to malfunction using malicious codecs.

I'm am so sorry ps3 folks lol, however if you need to change to XBOX 360 group we all welcome you with arms wide open.

it's funny

(well, not really)

i cancelled my debit card yesterday for this very reason, just to play it safe. I use my visa card for PS store; have --or rather HAD my details stored on the system

in general, make it a rule not to store such vital info on the net or on these systems; or even on your "smart phone"

identity theft and stolen credit card info is on the rise; play it safe, or be sorry

Why would Sony not introduce system like points card or gold/silver card to play and purchase online a safe way.

i think they have some kind of system like that already in place; i cuud b wrong

Well hope so because I buy those silver/gold cards as they are the safest way, I am sure Sony would introduce it like Microsoft to make it safer.

han......to aaj 26th hai how much more time we lookin at? 2-3 more dayz?

Damn hackers man, pathetic low lives got nothin better to do. Now I gotta worry about my credit card and personal info.

Back
Top Bottom