What's new

Pervez khattak opposes kalabagh dam

good luck for your peshawer. Mera kya jata hey? .I belong to southern district and kalabagh would actually benefit us yet we are against it because it would damage peshawer valley...apnay khandan ka nuqsan tarbela may howa ta, dosro ka bi karna chahti ho?

If it can provide electricity to entire Pakistan at the cost of Peshawar then be it. The Peshawar people never opposed it. We never opposed the damn dam. The only one who opposed it are politicains who have land in Charsadda and Nowshera. They give a shyt about common public.

As far as our family property gone to tarbela, we never regreted it. we are self-made people and we dint built ourself on grandparents' property..

by the way there is NO techical grounds on which Peshawar or even any city will drown.

Even without KBd nowshera was under water in the deadly floods.

Warning: Clean up sewearge system and you wont be drowned like that

good luck for your peshawer. Mera kya jata hey? .I belong to southern district and kalabagh would actually benefit us yet we are against it because it would damage peshawer valley...apnay khandan ka nuqsan tarbela may howa ta, dosro ka bi karna chahti ho?

Infrastructure like roads, bridges, airports, schools, factories, dams, etc all result in loss of property of a small number. They sacrifice for greater good.

Oh well.

That kind of logic is valid for those who think for their country and not like hapless "beast of men" who happen to reside Islamic Emirate of somalia and other economic powerhouses like congo, Sierra Leon, and Afghanistan.

peace

My personal opinion is to forget Kalabagh dam...there isn't going to be a unified stance on it anytime soon...just concentrate on other projects further North.

Center cant go ahead alone on this project. Center is supposed to be neutral and will likely remain neutral on such contravertial issues unless it doesn't get political support from all the provinces which it is not getting. This would make playing provincial cards much easier for political parties (especially nationalists). So proceeding KBD all alone is politically a dangerous venture

Well in the past it was NS and other centeral govts who were bound by the allied parties.

I say go out educate the people and build it.

All lies about drowning cities must be uncovered.
Make understand Sindh and i assure you KP people are sane enough to listen.

Ask NS NOT to eat up our royalty

My personal opinion is to forget Kalabagh dam...there isn't going to be a unified stance on it anytime soon...just concentrate on other projects further North.

Other projects?

Yeah.

If we could we would.

But we can't so we shan't.

Sadly

Other projects?

Yeah.

If we could we would.

But we can't so we shan't.

Sadly

We also can't go ahead with Kalabagh then can we? Do you see a political solution to this? PPP will try their best to oppose it because they want to be seen as the saviors of Sindh.

Nawaz Sharif should give it one last try though, constitute a professional and technical team made up of experts from within and outside Pakistan, no politicians or retired judges...and do a detailed and comprehensive study and make it completely public, then call a APC and resolve this issue.

Either do it don't do it...we can't keep it lingering on for eternity.

By other projects I mean Dasu, Bunji, Bhasha etc.

If it can provide electricity to entire Pakistan at the cost of Peshawar then be it. The Peshawar people never opposed it. We never opposed the damn dam. The only one who opposed it are politicains who have land in Charsadda and Nowshera. They give a shyt about common public.

As far as our family property gone to tarbela, we never regreted it. we are self-made people and we dint built ourself on grandparents' property..

by the way there is NO techical grounds on which Peshawar or even any city will drown.

Even without KBd nowshera was under water in the deadly floods.

Warning: Clean up sewearge system and you wont be drowned like that

If people of peshawer division become convinced to sacrifice their lands for sake of Pakistan then why i should have problem with it? After all i want my lakki marwat lush and green through kalabagh dam..
The question arises where to relocate population of nowshera?

We also can't go ahead with Kalabagh then can we? Do you see a political solution to this? PPP will try their best to oppose it because they want to be seen as the saviors of Sindh.

Nawaz Sharif should give it one last try though, constitute a professional and technical team made up of experts from within and outside Pakistan, no politicians or retired judges...and do a detailed and comprehensive study and make it completely public, then call a APC and resolve this issue.

Either do it don't do it...we can't keep it lingering on for eternity.

By other projects I mean Dasu, Bunji, Bhasha etc.

Agreed. .

Not sure about dasu and Bunji.

But we honestly (I mean the level of honest that we could muster) tried Bhasha.

No go from funding agencies.

I...

To Kala Bagh and other areas of Punjab if they choose to move South. Anywhere else if they choose that way.

After all they will be sacrificing for the country.

So no limit.

y not kalabag dam this project is the only project which can overcome our energy crisis in a short time...if talking abut land which will come under the dam then see the exapmle of haripur most of the land come under the dam and the mutasreen are now have their own colony in haripur given by governmnt aur interestingly lite wahan pe b jati ha halankai un ka itna bara sacrifice ha dam k lia...

humor me!

If Dam can't be used to control water flow then

How do you control the water in the lake in case there are accessive rains upriver?

By playing music?

Dil pey na lo bhae but there is no need for indulging in a discussion if you have limited knowledge regarding a topic...Ana ka masla na banao...

You are using a basic definition of Dam from google...There are alot and aloot lot more factors that are kept in mind...

If people of peshawer division become convinced to sacrifice their lands for sake of Pakistan then why i should have problem with it? After all i want my lakki marwat lush and green through kalabagh dam..

Army walo ko bhe relocate karyin gye kya??:P... 1 kanal of agri land is worth 12 -15 lacs in Nowshera...People including army have thousands of acres of land...Is the government willing to provide the price of the land at said rates...Tu phir dam k liye funds kidhar sey ayengay...:D

Our issue is not like sindh, our concerns are genuine....
nowshera and parts of peshawer and mardan would submerge...the lands of peshawer valley would become useless for agriculture...and when flood will come, destructions peshawer valley would be many times greater...unlike sindh and punjab, kpk may flood sey bohat tabahi aati he, paani may tughiani taiz hota hey.

I think its politicized issue, your concerns are politically driven, and are not real. given the location of the dam can give you an idea....

anyway, whosoever would bring it up would be doing politics, so lets better focus on small units for which KPK has great potential and not go for this Dam, I am pro-Dam but I would not like to go for this dam now, unless everyone stops politicizing it.

Go ahead for dam construction require following approvals

1)Technical assessments
2) Economic and financial Analysis
3) Environmental Assessment
4) Resettlement plan

My father is an Hydropower Expert and according to him the third and fourth point of KBD are not feasible...Although the technical and economic are more sound...

there should be no issue in 4th either, as for environmental assessment is concern, I think its not some 25000 mega watt dam, but only 3600 mega watt.

look up at the map please !

PTI is showing colors that are very disappointing - everyday we hear about what PTI is opposed to, and very little of what it actually stands for and will deliver - Giving PTI the KPK was an attempt to destroy PTI because it would show that they cold not match any of the promises thy had made, perhaps PTI will allow this plan to succeed, at least it seems like it with constantly being in the news with negatives

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom