What's new

Pervez khattak opposes kalabagh dam

PTI is showing colors that are very disappointing - everyday we hear about what PTI is opposed to, and very little of what it actually stands for and will deliver - Giving PTI the KPK was an attempt to destroy PTI because it would show that they cold not match any of the promises thy had made, perhaps PTI will allow this plan to succeed, at least it seems like it with constantly being in the news with negatives

Giving is the phrase must be used for other three provinces. Here we people of the province decided to try PTI. If they fail you will see we are not going spare them in next elections.

there should be no issue in 4th either, as for environmental assessment is concern, I think its not some 25000 mega watt dam, but only 3600 mega watt.

look up at the map please !

Sir jee leave every thing...I am only saying that KBD is controversial and for last 25 years people are not letting it go...We could have build many other dams having generating capacity double of KBD and in price same as KBD...KBD in 1988 cost $2 billion, now its above $8 billion with capacity max 3200 MW... Go for bunji its 5100MW increasable to 7100MW with cost near $9-10 Billion...Both have same construction period...Why wasting time???Why still bringing up KBD...

ANP and its leaders are the THUGS who opposed Kalabagh receiving more than 1 billion rupees from Indian government from the first date of plan as they were always on payroll of RAW. They are following plans not to let Pakistan control over its water flow and main control will be in Indian hands from J&K. PPP as largest awami party participated in this plan when their CM Qaim Ali Shah opposed Bhasha Dam in Sindh assembly when they are aware from facts that Sindh is the province which effected badly in each flood season. Moreover we remember Baloor ‘s statement while on journey to India to kiss their bosses while saying “If you want to talk on Kalabagh then let’s talk first to dissolve Pakistan”. These all culprits sowed worst scenario for Pakistan’s progress and people of KPK as ignorant from the facts of Kalabagh are opposing by default.

Now let’s come to this duffer Khattak, PTI’s manifesto badly bounced by their own members as entering in the reality of politics all traditional faces and their primitive thinking backed in power but only with new name PTI having clear clashes with manifesto & aims of party.

It’s geologically proved that Noshehra & Mardan have no connection to assumed concern of KBD but its advantages are far more than its 1% disadvantages. Now question is “Will PTI will try to convince KPK people and tell reality or they will part of same primitive ideology based system of KPK?”

Army walo ko bhe relocate karyin gye kya??:P... 1 kanal of agri land is worth 12 -15 lacs in Nowshera...People including army have thousands of acres of land...Is the government willing to provide the price of the land at said rates...Tu phir dam k liye funds kidhar sey ayengay...:D

listen to @Spring Onion :), pakistani nation expects a great qurbani from patriotic people of peshawer valley especially nowshera... People of nowshera including army men has to give up on their lands and properties and migrate to surrounding areas of KPK or punjab....i think its not a bad idea, people of pekhawar division shouldnt disappoint rest of pakistan and should come out of regionalism....people often say "hum mulk key liye jaan o maal Qurban kardengay", i think at such points your patriotism is tested :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in the past it was NS and other centeral govts who were bound by the allied parties.

I say go out educate the people and build it.

All lies about drowning cities must be uncovered.
Make understand Sindh and i assure you KP people are sane enough to listen.

Ask NS NOT to eat up our royalty
When PTI has chosen the easy way of going against it, it has saved itself. Do you think it is wiser for NS to take a step which would expose himself to provincial cards. No Sir! we deserve to die with floods and droughts. I never wanted to share it but I read it in one of the books that Maslimah Qazzab's followers used to say,"We know that Muhammad (PBUH) is truthful and Maslimah is a liar, but we would prefer a liar of our clan over a truthful of Bani Hashim" (Nau'd Bil'lah). This is what we all have become.

Sir jee leave every thing...I am only saying that KBD is controversial and for last 25 years people are not letting it go...We could have build many other dams having generating capacity double of KBD and in price same as KBD...KBD in 1988 cost $2 billion, now its above $8 billion with capacity max 3200 MW... Go for bunji its 5100MW increasable to 7100MW with cost near $9-10 Billion...Both have same construction period...Why wasting time???Why still bringing up KBD...

but you were trying to refute on techincal grounds, and giving the impression that as if it would drawn the KPK.

anyhow, like i said, other projects should be pursued !

listen to @Spring Onion :), pakistani nation expects a great qurbani from patriotic people of peshawer valley especially nowshera... People of nowshera including army men has to give up on their lands and properties and migrate to surrounding areas of KPK or punjab....i think its not a bad idea, people of pekhawar division shouldnt disappoint rest of pakistan and should come out of regionalism....people often say "hum mulk key liye jaan o maal Qurban kardengay", i think at such points your patriotism is tested :)

Hum nay Inka koe theka liya hua hai kya...WoT nay hamaree bhund maar lee.... jo bachee kuchee zameenay hain...woh bhe lay lo... aur Phir khetay hain k pakhtun hostile loag hain...

Giving is the phrase must be used for other three provinces. Here we people of the province decided to try PTI. If they fail you will see we are not going spare them in next elections.
That's a very broad statement. Only ANP was replaced by PTI to some extent, Just compare the current composition with previous one the situation will be clear to an extent.

No city is going to drown neither any pathan gives votes on basis of Kala Bagh dam.

The Center must go with the project. The country needs electricty.

NOW the real issue

ROYALTY.

PML N should allow the Royalty to the provinces that is KP and Sindh who are the righful owners. Simple as that.

the main isssue is the money and land of those political figures which will be affected by the dam in KP. NOT the comon cities.

And even if Nowshera or charsadda is going to drown the RELOCATE The population.

After all we (my grandparents) gave up a HUGE land for Tarbela Dam not took even a penny.

And after all Balakot was relocated after the deadly eartquake.

the real issue is royalty -- my father was in thedesign team of both kalabagh/ basha ans also a member of the technical delegation to india ---- technocrats can do only so much.. you need money and political will aswell --- regarding basha and the corruption involved in the past government.. I dont even think that that dam would be made.. if its made, then 60% of the money would go in certain peoples' pockets ... hell even the brand new corrollas of basha departement are being driven by teenagers in lahore [where wapda house is located and officers reside]

the politicians demand a lot of things in media from wapda but wapda refuses on technical grounds= politicans malign wapda for incompetence

in certain mega projects, irragation dept etc are also involved so flooding does not occur.. however politicians even after briefing saythe same thing... remember the minister who said what will be left in water if punjab removes electricity from it?

NO one is expecting "sacrifices" from KPK -- as Datakibdaz ha said there is no need to fall in this trap, it can be avoided simply by highlighting other more politically viable projects - unfortunately in Pakistani politics, the words "Demand" and going negative go together.

All these extraneous issues are designed to derail PTI from it's promises, focus on the promises - do not play PPP, the results will 5 years of disaster.

ANP and its leaders are the THUGS who opposed Kalabagh receiving more than 1 billion rupees from Indian government from the first date of plan as they were always on payroll of RAW. They are following plans not to let Pakistan control over its water flow and main control will be in Indian hands from J&K. PPP as largest awami party participated in this plan when their CM Qaim Ali Shah opposed Bhasha Dam in Sindh assembly when they are aware from facts that Sindh is the province which effected badly in each flood season. Moreover we remember Baloor ‘s statement while on journey to India to kiss their bosses while saying “If you want to talk on Kalabagh then let’s talk first to dissolve Pakistan”. These all culprits sowed worst scenario for Pakistan’s progress and people of KPK as ignorant from the facts of Kalabagh are opposing by default.

Now let’s come to this duffer Khattak, PTI’s manifesto badly bounced by their own members as entering in the reality of politics all traditional faces and their primitive thinking backed in power but only with new name PTI having clear clashes with manifesto & aims of party.

It’s geologically proved that Noshehra & Mardan have no connection to assumed concern of KBD but its advantages are far more than its 1% disadvantages. Now question is “Will PTI will try to convince KPK people and tell reality or they will part of same primitive ideology based system of KPK?”

:what: what a bull crap.

ANP is an incompetent party but they are not on payrol of RAW.

Their anti-Pakistan goons like Afrasyab Khattak are communists and ANP should now realise the same person has destroyed the party.

As far the Kala bagh dam. Build it and give royalty to Sindh and KPK. Ganja is not willing to give us our right thats the issue all the opposition to it

The only way a dam can flood some other area is by putting Large pumps in it and start pumping water into that areas, otherwise dams all over the world control floods and manage water. Every year we lose precious water into Arabian Sea.

Having said that people of Noshera and Peshawar are not going to accept this bcz some politicians (not engineers ) have told them it will flood their cities so we should focus on other dams. Time will come when these people ( who today oppose dam ) will beg for Kalabagh Dam.

Their anti-Pakistan goons like Afrasyab Khattak are communists and ANP should now realise the same person has destroyed the party.

As far the Kala bagh dam. Build it and give royalty to Sindh and KPK. Ganja is not willing to give us our right thats the issue all the opposition to it

Build Dam on Punjab's budget and take royalty of it. Happy on this proposal ???

Our issue is not like sindh, our concerns are genuine....
nowshera and parts of peshawer and mardan would submerge...the lands of peshawer valley would become useless for agriculture...and when flood will come, destructions peshawer valley would be many times greater...unlike sindh and punjab, kpk may flood sey bohat tabahi aati he, paani may tughiani taiz hota hey.

Brother this will happen only if water flows upstream against gravity. We might as well talk about Nanga Parbat getting submerged. Anti-KBD people have no logic, nothing to base their case, no nothing nada zilch.

They just play on fears. Attock gorge is narrow and Indus and Kabul rivers in full flood spread out as a result. This is the honest truth and has nothing at all to do with Nowshera, etc... KBD was redesigned and its height reduced to allay these fears, but motivated freaks have done their job. For the longest time ANP received money from India. This is a fact that nobody can deny.

I do not see KBD happening until we suffer the consequences badly enough. Until then nothing is happening.

ignorance from some hidden fact couldn't be count as bull crap as you mentioned.
Bold part: Interesting when you used to advocate provincial unity.
If this Ganja can give chance PTI to govern KPK, invite Baloch parties to make government in Balochistan then i don't think there could be any issue of giving royalties, there is need to start positive and comprehensive negotiations to solve this issue.

Build Dam on Punjab's budget and take royalty of it. Happy on this proposal ???

Dam should be built from federal budget with allocated provincial finance so issue is national but not provincial.

My personal opinion is to forget Kalabagh dam...there isn't going to be a unified stance on it anytime soon...just concentrate on other projects further North.

Your personal opinion is so much based on favouritism.

Back
Top Bottom