What's new

Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao

"Desi people" means indians and those pakistanis with indic background like punjabis, sindhis, kashmiris, mohajirs....
Pashtuns and balochs are not desi, but they are undergoing process of desification ever since 1947. ...
desi = indigenous.

Desi indeed means idigeous, indigenous of subcontinent. Des is actually desh of hindi. You often hear terms "desi tor tareqay", "desi log", "desi sipahi", "desi murghi", "desi pakwan", "desi culture" etc. "Desi people" simply means indic people from bengal to indus and it excludes iranians, afghans/pashtuns, british, chinese etc.

These were/are Hindu castes, not tribes. Hindus societies never had the tribal system, tribal are called Adivasis. Its just white-washing by naming Hindu inherited caste as tribes. :lol:

:))) Good so you accepted that Cast system is among the Hindus and not tribal system

Now we can move on.

In Pakistan Rajputs or whatever sub-cast they carry has nothing to do with untouchability neither they are or anyone else is stopped from entering mosques unlike India where low cast hindus are even not allowed to enter some temples.

AND OH BY THE WAY i went through the article you which you posted and it exposed the express tribune biase and lies because

in Pakistan most ofthe churraaz (sweepers) are Christians and Hindus and NOT Muslims still these sweepers if carry cast system within their faith its their religion and NOT Islam who practice castisism.

And its funny that ET said Muslim Sheikhs are considered low cast in Punjab. :P dahhhhh

Sheikhs on this forum can tell you the reality. sheikhs families are richer and though famousely teased as misers but as low cast.

The cast division is practiced by Hinduism. this plaugue is brought by Hindus and Muslims

Alright the Bharati Hindu pukhtuns can continue with the thread :P :P we Pukhtuns dont want any shyty system.

I would prefer English to be the National and Provincial language of Pakistan. Why not bring everyone to international level. Had Mr. Jinnah made English the National language in 1947 we could have avoided a lot of pitfalls. Making Urdu the National language was a big mistake ( and Urdu is my native tongue).

:))) Good so you accepted that Cast system is among the Hindus and not tribal system

Now we can move on.

In Pakistan Rajputs or whatever sub-cast they carry has nothing to do with untouchability neither they are or anyone else is stopped from entering mosques unlike India where low cast hindus are even not allowed to enter some temples.

AND OH BY THE WAY i went through the article you which you posted and it exposed the express tribune biase and lies because

in Pakistan most ofthe churraaz (sweepers) are Christians and Hindus and NOT Muslims still these sweepers if carry cast system within their faith its their religion and NOT Islam who practice castisism.

And its funny that ET said Muslim Sheikhs are considered low cast in Punjab. :P dahhhhh

Sheikhs on this forum can tell you the reality. sheikhs families are richer and though famousely teased as misers but as low cast.

The cast division is practiced by Hinduism. this plaugue is brought by Hindus and Muslims

Yes, I never denied about casteism in Hinduism, but I always see Pakistanis making lots of "rai ka pahad" about Hinduism.

Oh I oppose this along with Sindhi, Balochi & Punjabi being made the Official Languages of any Province !

I'd much rather if Urdu were to stay the Official Language of all of our Provinces with one Regional Language of Choice being introduced at the Provincial Level to be made mandatory for all those who wish to learn it ! If a class has the available numbers than they have the right to be taught Sindhi in Lahore & likewise Barahui in Sargodha ! One regional language of choice to be made mandatory. Those who want to learn Pashto whilst sitting in Mianwali should have that choice likewise those who wish to learn Potwahri whilst living in Jhelum should have that choice; assuming that the number of students are enough.

Punjab is not the land of the Punjabis nor is Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa the land of the Pukthoons they are lands of Punjab & Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa domicile holders who may or may not be ethnic Punjabis or ethnic Pukhtoons !

Thankfully such BS won't sell in Punjab !

@Hyperion @Marshmallow @Talon @HAMMAD REHMAN KHAN @haviZsultan

hw abt Persian to b a National lang here?:undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I never denied about casteism in Hinduism, but I always see Pakistanis making lots of "rai ka pahad" about Hinduism.

These guys they won't see and believe the truth since they were hard wired in their brains about false facts on India and its religions.

I would prefer English to be the National and Provincial language of Pakistan. Why not bring everyone to international level. Had Mr. Jinnah made English the National language in 1947 we could have avoided a lit of pitfalls. Making Urdu the National language was a big mistake ( and Urdu is my native tongue).

Sir ghusaaa raiiiin dawoooo ! :fie:

Quaid-e-Azam ko contradict karnaa hiii gunaaa kabeeryaa hotaaa haiiii ! :whistle:

But on a serious note - Usss cheez kiii logic bhiii samajhniii chahiyee; operationally it wasn't possible thats why we had Urdu along with English as our official languages. Aur abhhiii bhiiii English ka tou khuda hiii haafiiiz haiii & besides did the Germans switch to English or the Japanese or the Koreans or the Chinese or anyone switch to English ? Nahhhh....we're fine with Urdu. :kiss3:

Then only you, your Naani & your Mom would be eligible for most of the higher posts ! :lol:

Aur phir tou Pakistan ka Allah hi Hafiz ! :fie:

yeh y not,after all im frm Iranian Republic of Pakistan! :p:bunny:
smileys-sighing-and-waiting-490602.gif
smileys-sighing-and-waiting-509975.gif

@Armstrong.. germans can learn english quite fast.. and lack of english speaking capability is surely a hindrance for japanese and korean.

yeh y not,after all im frm Iranian Republic of Pakistan! :p:bunny:
smileys-sighing-and-waiting-490602.gif
smileys-sighing-and-waiting-509975.gif

More like the Iranian Autonomous Province in the Republic of Buttistan ! :whistle:

@Armstrong.. germans can learn english quite fast.. and lack of english speaking capability is surely a hindrance for japanese and korean.

That wasn't the point ! The point was that most of nations out there have kept their language as their own medium of instruction & for understandable reasons.

Oh I oppose this along with Sindhi, Balochi & Punjabi being made the Official Languages of any Province !

I'd much rather if Urdu were to stay the Official Language of all of our Provinces with one Regional Language of Choice being introduced at the Provincial Level to be made mandatory for all those who wish to learn it ! If a class has the available numbers than they have the right to be taught Sindhi in Lahore & likewise Barahui in Sargodha ! One regional language of choice to be made mandatory. Those who want to learn Pashto whilst sitting in Mianwali should have that choice likewise those who wish to learn Potwahri whilst living in Jhelum should have that choice; assuming that the number of students are enough.

Punjab is not the land of the Punjabis nor is Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa the land of the Pukthoons they are lands of Punjab & Khyber-Pukhtoonkhwa domicile holders who may or may not be ethnic Punjabis or ethnic Pukhtoons !

Thankfully such BS won't sell in Punjab !

@Hyperion @Marshmallow @Talon @HAMMAD REHMAN KHAN @haviZsultan

See I will tell you of the problem. I lived abroad most of my life and do not know proper urdu (writing mainly but saqeel urdu as well is a problem)... so first we see that urdu is being replaced by English due to globalization. However what about the other languages. When we know Pakistan as a state is promoting urdu the rest of the languages have no way of being preserved. Pashto I already showed has limited supporters and few people who know the language are losing it. For example Pashtuns are rumoured to be around 40 Million in Pakistan but are counted as 30 million because 10 million don't know Pashto and the census asks tongue spoken.

When I said our approach as Nationalists was wrong I did not mean Pakistani Nationalist ideology failed as King Mamba thought (I say this despite all I have suffered for only having the word Pakistan Zindabad on my lips even in my own land)... I believe that our attempts to impose a supra-urdu culture failed. Its easy to say knowing only urdu that it should be the only official language.

If in Pakistan we just talk of the primacy of Urdu we also talk about the urdu-speakers position at the top. The problem may be dealt with creation of more provinces. Also each district should be ceded the responsibilities of which medium is to be used in schools. Let them learn in their own languages.

Thanks for proving both me and @haviZsultan correct. It is the likes of YOU who create divisions by assuming superiority. Let me quote you: "we are all glad that bengladesh is not a part of pakistan" How can you defend saying something like that?

Its easy. Shift the blame and declare inocense. 21 Feb 1952 was the day when foundation for Bangladesh was laid when Bengali students were killed. They were protesting for thier langugage, Bengali, be given rights equal to Urdu (not Punjabi). Our Bengali brothers were also upset about the attitude displayed by high level beauraucrats, overwhelming majority of whom comprised of Urdu-speakers.

The above are facts that can not be overlooked. Next time you try to shift blame, think about facts first. We are not blind. Bangladesh was OUR mistake. Not specifically Punjabi or Pakhtun or Sindhi. We are all to blame. If you wan to debate otherwise, then start a new thread and challenge me to make a case. I would certainly oblige.

You may want to answer my post and I would be glad if you use the language like you did before. That would help me prove my point. Thanks.

Darkinsky is a major part of the problem and his blithe attitude towards the sacrifices and suffering of others is testimony of the fact that racism pervades urdu speakers like a black plague. Its in all of us, all our relatives particularly but not limited to those who support the MQM.

In my paper on ethnic tensions in Pakistan which I haven't completed still being an idiot I recognized at least 3 common traits/features/tools the person who is part of this syndrome uses (some things are copy-pasted):

1) Victim syndrome: Ie we are the victims no matter what-we had no role in any injustice meeted out to anyone else.

2) Self-gratification: We had a disproportionate role in the formation of Pakistan. We did everything for Pakistan

*Self gratification mixed with a high level of self-victimization can later lead to seperatism which is covered extensively on page () of this report. Only a spark is needed for this.

3) Deflection of responsibility/Shifting blame: The us vs them syndrome is fixed in the minds of the racist. No matter how hard a person tries it is hard to make a person stop thinking along such lines. Therefore for every issue there has to be a scapegoat which is depending on the stage.

It is very hard to pull @darkinsky away from racism and hatred. Most of all its harder to make him look with and take part in some serious self-criticism. I (we nationalists too) are beyond the race issue. No matter how much I tell him urdu speakers have a higher gdp per capita than anyone else in the country (13,000 ruppees more than Punjabis who are second according to H&H), that he should go to interior sindh and see the crippling penury of the people... he will not believe me. Its because the identity is firmly entrenched in his head like the entangled roots of an aging tree (as is the concept itself) and he cannot question it.

Ethnic identity has to be broken down and we can play a role in it if we try, first step is being nonchalant about it and criticizing the role of our people in issues. I apologize to the Bengalis for what urdu speakers did and consider Bengalis a part of Pakistan.

But I will not let the same happen to anyone else. Also @darkinsky I can say Pashtuns were responsible too (Niazi, Tikka Khan)... but then will it stop you from shifting the blame and deflecting everything against muhajirs and their attrocities to the poorer folk? For example the proverty prevalence in rural Pakistan is 36% for Pakistan. 8000 schools in (mostly rural) Sindh are ghost schools. While muhajirs sit in shiny cities and have nara's like gaon tumhara, sheher hamara for them (for muhajir soobha tehreek) this is what they go through.

Notice I do not use we Pashtuns despite the fact I identify as such after Pakistani because people just call me confused. @Talon thinks I am chutia as well as others. :lol: Also then I use we for ansaris too.

But then when you parents moved late, you lived with Indian relatives half your life in Dubai its amazing I even call myself Pakistan forget that I want to live under the shadow of the crescent and star for life and love my nation beyond anything else. We were bound to be confused and part of the confusion is due to the muhajirs failure to merge in the national fabric as Sindhis in Sindh.

More like the Iranian Autonomous Province in the Republic of Buttistan ! :whistle:

That wasn't the point ! The point was that most of nations out there have kept their language as their own medium of instruction & for understandable reasons.
No, the point is English is an important second language... and your first language should preferably be your mother language.. which could be urdu.. pasto...tamil.. or japanese..

also, why is urdu national language.. its non native language for majority of pakistanis..

No, the point is English is an important second language... and your first language should preferably be your mother language.. which could be urdu.. pasto...tamil..

Touuu whose denying that ? Why else do you think English is taught as a compulsory subject in Pakistan whether Government or Private Schools.

Urdu is our lingua franca & it was chosen as our national language keeping that in mind - None of us have much problem with that !

Back
Top Bottom