What's new

Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao

First things first, I did not use Mr. Jinnah's credibility, or the lack of it, anywhere to make my point. My argument was presented with supportive points which are very clear. Secondly, an argument cannot be discarded claiming emotional bias. Emotions are a part and parcel of every debate more so in the matters of national interest than any other. In order for them to be presented as a reason for disregarding the argument it first needs to be proven that the emotions have out rightly skewed the argument and left it redundant. Regardless, arguments are refuted on the bases of their merit. Please proceed to target that instead of the clear frustration at the sheer naivety of your proposition that I displayed.

Now, for East Pakistan. East Pakistan and East Pakistanis were just another ingredient in the spoiled broth that we ourselves created. This ingredient was handled with the least care. They did not demand separation due to the fact that Urdu was chosen as the national language but because they were treated as third-class citizens in their own country. They were looked down upon by everyone from West Pakistan. They were alienated, disregarded, disrespected and trodden on. The other four regions of the then Pakistan still practice their on local languages without so much as a hint for a demand to have them included as the National Languages, except for a desperate politician who's never gathered any appreciable support; Hint for the wise. The Bengalis were never made to feel Pakistani let alone their integration into Pakistani nationalism. The westerners ruled them in their own lands as overlords. They fought against the Westerners and every thing that was associated with them. What Muslims were to Hindus in India, Bangalis became to the West Pakistanis. That, my friend, is why we lost East Pakistan. There's a brilliant article recently shared by fatman explaining quite well the difference between what starts a conflict and what causes it. It would do everyone well to read and understand it.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history-strategy/236749-origin-wars.html

Next, English would have reaped the same rewards as Urdu did, with regards to the issue in East Pakistan. The Bangalis never fought against Urdu, they fought for Bangali. A cursory glimpse at history would make it amply obvious. Again, they fought for themselves against the west because we made it obvious to them that their interests simply weren't ours. I am still amazed at how you could not see that.

Now, Urdu was chosen due to its non-ethnic roots coupled with it's familiarity to the Muslims of the then Indian subcontinent. Exactly so as to limit divides on the issue of language in a newborn country which was already ethnically divided from head to toe and showed little reason for the unintelligent eyes to unite against their draconian customs. English on the other hand was a language which the Indian Muslims not only had refused to adopt but were fighting against for the past two hundred years. A preliminary study into Sir Syad Ahmed Ahmed Khan's struggle would show you that. It does not take a history buff to remember why the Indian Muslims had fallen so far behind the Hindus in academics; it was precisely due to their refusal to adopt English. Hence, neither does it take a genius to figure out how the Pakistanis would have responded to English's adoption as their national language. This is two plus two (For now I'll leave the point about how the English language would have completely left the masses alienated and frustrated from the ruling elite on the simple bases of them just not knowing the ABCs, literally). Even if you disregard that, the Germans, the French, the Japanese and the Chinese have still not adopted English. Wonder what makes them tick. This is simple logic.

So, as was the point of my previous post, stop making excuses for everything which we have done. Stop being cowards and own up to the idiocy with which we have handled this country. It is our fault that we are still divided. Why? Because we are arrogant, moronic, self serving imbeciles who do not have an iota of regard towards nationalism or Pakistan. Which, ironically, is what plays best when it comes to self interest but we are just too obtuse to see that. We are self serving to the extent of self abuse. And then when our own **** hits the fan we start whimpering like little mutts crying and whining and tossing blame which ever direction we look first. We alienated and lost East Pakistan by making it amply clear that we were in effect Pushtoons, Punjabis, Sindhis and Balochis, we, against all reason and logic, are still divided, we are the disease eating away at this country and we keep on doing it even when we ourselves are the ones suffering from it the most, irony itself ends here. We were given a clean slate and a fresh start with all the opportunities in the world to do and achieve what ever we wanted. But as history has proven we were just another pile of scum which never deserved this country in the first place.

I am always amazed at how the sub-continentals regard English as the language of God. Every single country in Europe speaks its own language. The Koreans, Chinese, Taiwanese,Turks are light years ahead of you in virtually every field in science and Technology; not one of those countries use English.

Apparently English is the 'international' language only on the Indian sub-continent! :lol:

I guess each to his own!

Hypocrites - They send their children to English schools and overseas for education and want to teach children of mango man in Pushtu, Punjabi, Sariki, Sindhi etc. In short they want keep people slave.

Back
Top Bottom