What's new

Pakistans SLV

Don't think Pakistan has the industrial capability or technical expertise to develop an independent space program.
SLV is much larger and complex than MRBMs. MRBMs are designed to be compact and highly mobile, hence they are more easily proliferated from one country to another.. Space is a completely different ball game.

I always wondered why Pakistan hasn't done this so far? Long range missiles can easily be converted to satellite launchers. For example, the Dnepr launch vehicle is a converted ICBM used for launching satellites into orbit.

The first launch, on April 21, 1999, successfully placed UoSAT-12, a 350 kg demonstration mini-satellite, into a 650 km circular LEO. The launcher has only a small number of modifications. The main difference is the payload adapter located in the space head module and modified flight-control unit.

Considering the expertise available with SUPARCO, this should have been done way back.

:cheers:Good luck:cheers:
It will take you AT-LEAST 10-12 years
BY the time ISRO would have put an Indian on the moon and a few more flags (1 is already there):cheers:
India didn't put any flag on the moon exactly....lol
The MIP which crashed on the surface of the Moon(as it was supposed to), had Indian flag painted on it....

Last edited:
I always wondered why Pakistan hasn't done this so far? Long range missiles can easily be converted to satellite launchers. For example, the Dnepr launch vehicle is a converted ICBM used for launching satellites into orbit.

The first launch, on April 21, 1999, successfully placed UoSAT-12, a 350 kg demonstration mini-satellite, into a 650 km circular LEO. The launcher has only a small number of modifications. The main difference is the payload adapter located in the space head module and modified flight-control unit.

Considering the expertise available with SUPARCO, this should have been done way back.

Not that easy!

Whats ISAs budget?

In 2008-09 rupee was 60-65/1$ now over 100 Rs, govt has no interest in space exploration is also a reason.

You can never know the real budget!

Because 2 different organisations working on SLVs !

IRGC (solid fuel)

DIO (liquid fuel)

Pakistan SLV will eventually be built but the delay should not had happened.

I believe the SLV project is not under Suparco but rather NDC and Nescom

I remember in 2008-09 when Dr Samarb Mubarak said,we will launch the remote sensing satellite from our own SLV by 2011,now the launch of PRSS is pushed to 2015-16

Pakistan SLV will eventually be built but the delay should not had happened.

I believe the SLV project is not under Suparco but rather NDC and Nescom

I remember in 2008-09 when Dr Samarb Mubarak said,we will launch the remote sensing satellite from our own SLV by 2011,now the launch of PRSS is pushed to 2015-16
Any particular reason why so much delays are happening?.Devloping a simple SLV is not that much complex.All this delays actually point towards the fact there does not exist any indigenous SLV program or has been shelved due to lack of funds as you said if it had existed in the past.

Pakistan at the present time has nothing to launch. You need a sophisticated industrial and technological capability to develop sensors, radars, camera's. lenses etc... and to be able to integrate these into a fully functioning remote sensing/SAR/comm satellite. In the past 10 years Suparco has made strides in satellite test and integration, but it will be some time and it will require a significant technology transfer from China before Pakistan has anything significant to launch besides primitive student satellite projects (which are cheaper to launch on piggy back on Russian/Chinese Launchers). Pakistan is at least 10 years behind Turkey in SERIOUS satellite development.

As for the SLV, my guess is it will HOPEFULLY look A LOT like China's recently completed FEITIAN-1 (FT-1)/Kuaizhou SLV which is based on the DF-21. China is already building a more capable all solid rapid reaction launcher based on the DF-41 called CZ-11 which is due in 2016/2017.

index.php
FT_4.jpg
FT_7.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom