What's new

Pakistan's HIT offers to upgrade Bangladeshi MBT fleet

Gryphon

Reaction score
Daksh Nakra, Bangalore - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
28 May 2014

Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Pakistan's state-owned tank and armoured vehicle manufacturing unit, has offered to modernise Bangladesh's ageing T-54/Type 59 and Type 69 main battle tanks (MBTs).

Brigadier GM Qureshi (rtd), director of Budget, Marketing and Procurement at HIT, told IHS Jane's the company had offered to upgrade the MBTs to the Al-Zarrar configuration "as per Bangladeshi requirements".

"The options include complete upgrade of the tanks or priority-based upgrade of power pack and transmission coupled with protection system or installation of new fire-control system with battle management system," he said. "The dialogue is in progress with Bangladesh to assess their requirements and we have the capability and flexibility to deliver any type of comprehensive solution."

(115 of 641 words)

Pakistan's HIT offers to upgrade Bangladeshi MBT fleet - IHS Jane's 360

@Loki @BDforever @Aeronaut @Armstrong @fatman17

28 May 2014

Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Pakistan's state-owned tank and armoured vehicle manufacturing unit, has offered to modernise Bangladesh's ageing T-54/Type 59 and Type 69 main battle tanks (MBTs).

Brigadier GM Qureshi (rtd), director of Budget, Marketing and Procurement at HIT, told IHS Jane's the company had offered to upgrade the MBTs to the Al-Zarrar configuration "as per Bangladeshi requirements".

"The options include complete upgrade of the tanks or priority-based upgrade of power pack and transmission coupled with protection system or installation of new fire-control system with battle management system," he said. "The dialogue is in progress with Bangladesh to assess their requirements and we have the capability and flexibility to deliver any type of comprehensive solution."

(115 of 641 words)

that is great offer, thanks :cheers: Bangladesh should take the offer :bunny:

28 May 2014

(115 of 641 words)

I think we should upgrade their Tanks to Al-Zarrar Standard less than that will not work and as you all know we have common enemy India @BDforever

AL-Zarrar is regarded as an 'extensive' upgrade.

A brand new turret,
Added armor
Rubber tracks
New main gun
Upgraded turbo diesel powerpack,
Integrated battle management system.
Commander's panoramic sight
Data Link
Night/Fog fighting capability
An advanced electro optical targeting system.
New Fire Control System.

82391400.jpg

Last edited:
AL-Zarrar is regarded as an 'extensive' upgrade.

A brand new turret,
Added armor
Rubber tracks
New main gun
Upgraded turbo disel powerpack,
Integrated battle managment system.
Commander's panoramic sight
Datalink
Night/Fog fighting capability
An advanced electro optical targeting system.

correct me if i am wrong but i think al-zarar turret is not a new one but enhanced with armor slabs molded with existing one.

@BDforever

Looks like some official from Bangladesh took my suggestion seriously !!! :P

Tell me what is the number of these Type-59/69s in service with Bangladesh Army ???

Back
Top Bottom