What's new

Pakistan's GDP next 10-20 years?

What about Japan investing in Pakistan? My cousin was there a few months ago from Karachi, I think. Or even any other East Asian nations.

My recommendation: Pakistan must CANCEL spending on advanced Missiles/SAM/HQ18 ($$$ billions dollars), "4" Frigates/Type 54A/OHP ($$$ billions dollars), upgrading AlKhalid 2($$ billions dollars), Space programmes next year ($$$$ billions dollars), J-10B/JF-17 Blk 2 ($$$ billions dollars), recent brand new F-16s Blk 52 ($$ billions dollars), J-XX/F-35A fifth-generators fighters ($$$ sick billions dollars), maybe Submarines($$$ billions dollars) and vice versa.

We would prefer to die hungry rather cancelling any deal that could harm our country's defense

No need to cancel any such deal that can destabilize this region and provide India another edge to completely dominate Pakistan. Remember Pakistan is the only nation from South Asia who can dare to confront India... other nations are already more like ducks sitting in their shells and hoping India to keep her cool as they won't be able to retaliate in front of her mighty power.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they also have a military deployed in bases in dozens of countries around the world, with fighter jets that cost over $300 million per jet, and Aircraft Carriers that cost billions of dollars a year to operate alone.

The Pakistani military is barely acquiring enough to maintain a credible deterrent against internal and external threats. Therefore, the answer to Pakistan's development issues is not to cut the meager military budget we have, but to look to areas such as the one I mentioned where far greater savings and associated growth can be had.

They are selling used aircrafts and improving their economy to even a better scale.
I guess, Pakistan is also gonna so the same.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-defence/49177-demand-pakistani-weapons-increasing-rapidly.html

We would prefer to die hungry rather cancelling any deal that could harm our country's defense

No need to cancel any such deal that can destabilize this region and provide India another edge to completely dominate Pakistan. Remember Pakistan is the only nation from South Asia that can dare to confront India... other nations are already more like ducks sitting in their shells and hoping India stay to keep her cool as they won't be able to retaliate in front of her mighty power.

(Modifing Quaid's words)
A country without an airforce is at mercy to her rival.

Ill say that a country with poor/weak defence system is at mercy to its rival, and the country also has got many rival!

Tell me when was the last time Gwadar was to developed??
only Gwadar port is developed yet, the infrastructure is yet to be laid. The entire project was due to be completed by 2015 if I am not wrong.

Even Gwadar port is not fully functional yet and the construction work will continue to take place another couple of years IMO. Once its matured... It has potential to attract more traffic than Karachi.
As you talked about power sector i don't think that problems gonna solve in near future.

Well Prime Minister announced to increase electricity potential from current 20,000MW to 40,000MW by 2020 and the number of projects we already have in our pipeline suggests it should even surpass 50,000MW if all projects are completed successfully. Truly big IF is involved here but thats what we are planning to do as per the Government.

Last edited:
Every bit helps.

Every industry, be it agriculture, defence, pharmaceuticals, electronics, IT etc. needs to be supported and developed to contribute to the national economy and exports.

Agreed. But it also should get constant feedback/support from public so that they feel their actions are doing doing something great for the country and should be proud of his actions so do them again.
This is how i would feel, generally, so a constant feedback from public also does matter :tup:

my assumption! for 2050

Pakistan

in10 yrs-avg growth rate of 6%-$318.8
in20 yrs-avg growth rate of 7%-$688.8
in40 yrs-avg growth rate of 5%-$1,253.2

setting it all to inflation!
GDP=$2000 billion
Percapita=$8000(a mid developed nation like Argentina

For India
in10yrs-growth rate of 9%-$3,219.6 bil
in20yrs-growth rate of 8%(increase in popl and and manpower)-$6,338.9 bil
in40 yrs-growth rate of 7%-$20,365.26 bil

set to inflation-$39,450 billion!!!
popl=1500 million
per capita=$13 576.84( a mid developed nation like Croatia or Saudi Arabia)

PRC
in10yrs-growth rate 8%-$10,794 bil
in20yrs-growth rate 7%-$19,3484223 bil
in40 yrs-growth rate 5%(fall in popl and ageing)-$35,420 bil

set to inflation-$67 billion!!
popl=1440 million
per capita=$46 527.77 a developed country like US!

as far as India vs China is concerned India may very well take over China in next 20 yrs!!!i.e. by 2070!!!but before that happens China will completely engulf Taiwan+HK and others and make some artificial life to increase its manpower and productivity incredibly!

while India may reunite with (ok this gonna be weird) with Pakistan,bangladesh,Nepal to create United States of Asia and unbmrella economically integrated nation like EU..which may tremndously add to its GDP and GDP growth!!!

I think there is something wrong with your per capita calculations. When actual Chinese economy is not even twice as large as India, how can its per-capita income be four times that of India?

As "Zaki" was talking about 4 million New Jobs per year don't you think its a tall order??
Its not tall order Sir,

6% growth rate is fair enough to tackle with this issue. We are talking about World's 6th largest country here, we are not talking about a small company. The resources are generated automatically either by the government or the public itself.

See we have a very small IT sector in the country yet we have about 1300 IT companies in the country.

Gwadar project alone is supposed to create about 2 million Jobs in the country and what about industrial zones being established in Punjab, Balochistan and Sindh?

6% growth rate means about 10 billion dollars of increase in GDP Nominal by the end of next year... and probably 11-12 billion dollars next year and so on. This money itself has potential to create millions of jobs (depending upon the nature of projects government initiate in future)

And also skilled and trained work force.

Look at the ever growing literacy rate in Pakistan. Even a small city like Gujrat now has a University teaching about 10,500 Students per year.

Skills comes after experience and we do have highly talented, professional and skilled workers available in the country. Providing Jobs to everybody is a problem at the moment

I understand the frustration with the incompetency of Pakistan's political leadership, but I am pointing out the fact, as have others, that there are various ways in which a large amount of resources can be freed up for use in development without cutting national defence.

And that there are various simple measures that can be implemented by the government to boost agricultural and industrial growth in a relatively short time span.

Unfortunately, Recent floods in August 2010 completely destroyed $2.9 Billion of Agricultural Products, what other implemented? This agriculturals and sports are the primary part of our economy, other categories like medicines, IT, technology, foreign investments are weak.

The floods in Pakistan caused 250 billion rupees ($2.9 billion) of damage to crops such as sugar cane, cotton and rice.

The waters destroyed 700,000 acres of planted cotton and 200,000 acres each of rice and sugar cane, Mohammed Ibrahim Moghul, chairman of farmers' group Agri Forum Pakistan, told

Industrial growth is actually dependent on alot of energy power plants in order to keep running smooth. Many businesses were not satisfied and complained due to electric problems and use generators costing up too much.

Bascially, we have receive alot of foreign funds to survive ourselves, didn't use our own resources which is "current long process".

Defence Industry exports last year was cancelled because of terrible situations in Pakistan since worth miracle over $500 million in 2006 and 300 Million in 2008.

HERE'S REPORT few minutes ago: 34 percent Pakistanis expect 2011 would bring more economic difficulties

Last edited:
Why not cancel Pakistan's defence budgets to rescue our economy? Some of you may not agree. We in the name of Pakistan's only Muslim county ever have "advanced nukes", are we happy?

It is time to look ourselves, highly urgent time!

Its not tall order Sir,

6% growth rate is fair enough to tackle with this issue. We are talking about World's 6th largest country here, we are not talking about a small company. The resources are generated automatically either by the government or the public itself.

No its not plz be rational. And resources don't gets generate automatically it takes lots of blood and sweat even then sometime its difficult to get. If it can then what happen for last 60 years why they have not generated automatically???

See we have a very small IT sector in the country yet we have about 1300 IT companies in the country.

I'm not douting that but you what IT don't creates 4 million jobs each year or it will??

Gwadar project alone is supposed to create about 2 million Jobs in the country and what about industrial zones being established in Punjab, Balochistan and Sindh?

Only 2 million that too once not 4 million each year as you have said.

As for industrial zones being established in Punjab, Balochistan and Sindh you are not getting the point how will your industry servive when:

a.) You have free trade agreement with china, how you gonna compete with their low cost products produced in mass scale????

b.) What about the raw material and supplies??

c.) What about the essentials like cement, steel, coal etc. etc. Dp i have to remind you about pakistan steel??

6% growth rate means about 10 billion dollars of increase in GDP Nominal by the end of next year... and probably 11-12 billion dollars next year and so on. This money itself has potential to create millions of jobs (depending upon the nature of projects government initiate in future)

10 billion dollars are nothing in India we have many times of both domestic and international investment each year still it does not create 30-40 million jobs each year.

Look at the ever growing literacy rate in Pakistan. Even a small city like Gujrat now has a University teaching about 10,500 Students per year.

I'm not talking about literacy rate but skill.

Skills comes after experience and we do have highly talented, professional and skilled workers available in the country. Providing Jobs to everybody is a problem at the moment

You still don't get it.

Let me give you a example:

In building Metro trains in India we are facing problem of skilled laborers like trained electricians, crane operators, drafts men, welder etc. etc.

The problem is so acute that poaching is happening and each company tries to lure them with more wages and facilities.

We need 400,000 highway engineers each year but they are just graduating 100,000 each year.

It is said that shortage of trained and skilled work force is causing loss of 1% to India's GDP.

My recommendation: Pakistan must CANCEL spending on advanced Missiles/SAM/HQ18 ($$$ billions dollars), "4" Frigates/Type 54A/OHP ($$$ billions dollars), upgrading AlKhalid 2($$ billions dollars), Space programmes next year ($$$$ billions dollars), J-10B/JF-17 Blk 2 ($$$ billions dollars), recent brand new F-16s Blk 52 ($$ billions dollars), J-XX/F-35A fifth-generators fighters ($$$ sick billions dollars), maybe Submarines($$$ billions dollars) and vice versa.

pakistan spend 5% of GDP on Defence sector..it is too much , developing countries shouldn't spend more than 2.5 % of GDP on defence....

pakistan spend 5% of GDP on Defence sector..it is too much , developing countries shouldn't spend more than 2.5 % of GDP on defence....

Not all developing countries have situation like Pakistan. Every country decide its spending by looking at its circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom