What's new

Pakistan's GDP next 10-20 years?

What judgement did I make? The one about Indians being 100% incorrect? If you go back, the context was completely different there, and that part is still correct.

OTOH, why are you hell-bent on going off-topic?

Sorry to say your points are "Horn on deaf ears"...:cheers:

Oops! A 'Bharti' is actually right this time.:azn:

Looks like someone here is very experienced with what happens on BR.

THANKS YOU GUYS FOR ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO DERAIL THE TOPIC. I REQUEST MODS TO BAN THEM SO THAT THE THREAD GO IN RIGHT DIRECTION IN FUTURE.

THANKS YOU GUYS FOR ANOTHER ATTEMPT TO DERAIL THE TOPIC. I REQUEST MODS TO BAN THEM SO THAT THE THREAD GO IN RIGHT DIRECTION IN FUTURE.

This shows how under mature and in formal they are.
Shouldnt be allowed on th forum, agreed.
But now whats left for us to discuss?
I suggest closing this spoiled thread.

Gallup Survey: 34pc Pakistanis think 2011 difficult for economy :undecided:

ISLAMABAD: Gallup Survey Pakistan has claimed that 34 percent Pakistanis expect 2011 would bring more economic difficulties with a shift of power and prosperity from the West to the East.

“This year, the public opinion in Pakistan is not hopeful as only 13 percent think that 2011 will be a year of economic prosperity while 34 percent expect it to be a year of difficulty thus giving a negative score of –21 percent on Net Hope,”
said Chairman Gallup Pakistan Dr Ejaz Shafi Gilani.

“The devastation caused by floods during the middle of the year created a mood of economic pessimism among the public, despite the fact that the country fought this calamity with courage and showed extraordinary resilience,”
Dr Ejaz added.

more details

In previous years, India generally scored lower than Pakistan on such measures. Even now the per capita income in the two countries is not far apart $3260 in India compared with $2710 in Pakistan,” he said adding that our civil society and the government seem to have a tough task ahead of them in 2011.

------------
I respect everyone's point of views, again, we can't ignore big economy. It would be make a big difference and prosperous life!

For next 30 years, China will likely question Pakistan, "What's wrong with your economy, more soft-loans! slow progress ?? Don't you see world quickly change in big gap? "

The World Bank and Goldmen Sach both have stated!!!!!

Pakistan will become a DEVELOPT country by 2030 if it gets rid of terrorism problem by 2015 and completes it 2020 project line ups.

It has already began construction in Islamabad and Karachi of new businesses and it is fighting the Terrorist, i believe Pakistan wil lthrive. The Floods were a huge hold back but we Pakistanis are fighters and we will survive. The biggest problem right now is population size.

All right man whatever. You're right, but nevertheless, I don't take such economic predictions seriously. They make a lot of assumptions that never turn out to be true. The case of Pakistan is different in that there are various things happening which are probably not being taken into account.

Contrarry to the Figure of GDP per IMF being about USD 166 Billion according to the Pakistan Economic Survey 2009-2010 Pakistan's GDP is, based on market prices, is about USD 182 Billion

However the Per Capita Income is based on a Population of 166.52 Million and the Per Capita whereasthe Pakistani Population by the State Bank of Pakistan report in respect of FY 10 states :

8 Social Sector Developments

With an annual growth rate of more than two percent, the population of Pakistan has jumped to 184 million in 2010 from 119 million (see Table 8.1) in 1990

As such the future Economic Predications must take into account the "True" Population of Pakistan.

Well I would like to suggest a few stupid things..but they can work a bit.

1} Protect local industry:

Well this might sound a bit annoying to everyone...I agree China is an ally and all...but dont you think that they are using your country a bit like a dumping ground? many of the pakistani village industries and rural industries being destroyed because of cheaper and low quality Chinese goods like porcelain and pottery?

2} Investment into infrastructure:

Infrastructure development is one of the major driving factors of economy. Time is money and connectivity is development. Having a huge network of roads and railways automatically translates to investment by foreign companies albeit even small ones.

3} Security:

THis is the most important aspect of attraction of FDI, A secure environment is required to gain investor confidence.

4} Knowledge and highly skilled market:

This is a very important sector that Pakistan must concentrate. This includes R&D along with Educational facilities.

5} Tapping of Diaspora

Should I say anything about this?

Back
Top Bottom