What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

when are the Chinese AWACS coming in....?? any date mentioned any agreement signed??

We have to wait for its arrival and induction in PAF, only then we can analyse how it is operated, integrated and benificial to our airforce.

it would be interesting to see how it links itself with western fighter like F-16 Block 52+ , Mirage ROSE upgrades and Chinese JF-17 simultaneously.

we also have to see whether the current number would be sufficient to provide us 24*7 surveylance for the whole country or it would leave gaps for the enemy to exploit.

i think the acquisition of ZDK3 is because it might be difficult to integrate SAAB erieye with JF-17s.

We have to wait for its arrival and induction in PAF, only then we can analyse how it is operated, integrated and benificial to our airforce.

it would be interesting to see how it links itself with western fighter like F-16 Block 52+ , Mirage ROSE upgrades and Chinese JF-17 simultaneously.

we also have to see whether the current number would be sufficient to provide us 24*7 surveylance for the whole country or it would leave gaps for the enemy to exploit.

i think the acquisition of ZDK3 is because it might be difficult to integrate SAAB erieye with JF-17s.

I think FC-20 are more of a reason than JF-17 as Thunders will get some Western Avionics after first 50. May be financial feasibility is another thing along with some kind of know how about ZDK-03 which will be not available in case of Erieye.

Getting better day by day, the cockpit looks awesome. 4-blade propellers changed to 6 blades. Hope so the radar system will get awesome too.

I think FC-20 are more of a reason than JF-17 as Thunders will get some Western Avionics after first 50. May be financial feasibility is another thing along with some kind of know how about ZDK-03 which will be not available in case of Erieye.

I am sure PAF is looking towards France or other european country who is willing to provide link 14 system to be integrated with JF-17 FC-20 and zdk-03. Infact its FC-20 which will be more of western system then JF-17.

I am sure PAF is looking towards France or other european country who is willing to provide link 14 system to be integrated with JF-17 FC-20 and zdk-03. Infact its FC-20 which will be more of western system then JF-17.

Highly doubt that one. I dont think China will allow West to see where it is in aviation by letting some Western engineers to upgrade its own primary fighter.

Highly doubt that one. I dont think China will allow West to see where it is in aviation by letting some Western engineers to upgrade its own primary fighter.

:rolleyes: Western engineers already took better look in Chinese fighter during the cold war era when China was 10 times more secretive. F-6 is the prime example when USAF personals helped PAF integrate heat seekers, and work was not as simple as attaching to pylons. Another thing, like i have said earlier J-10B is a export product like FC-1 which are not going to be used domestically or either the domestic version will be different from ours. So I dont think china should have much of a problem.

:rolleyes: Western engineers already took better look in Chinese fighter during the cold war era when China was 10 times more secretive. F-6 is the prime example when USAF personals helped PAF integrate heat seekers, and work was not as simple as attaching to pylons. Another thing, like i have said earlier J-10B is a export product like FC-1 which are not going to be used domestically or either the domestic version will be different from ours. So I dont think china should have much of a problem.

And you are saying this on basis of ............... ?

Did you see these... AESA for J-10B.

FC-20 is what PAF will get, till this time I don't know how much different it will be from J-10B but one thing sure this will be built on requirement of PAF.

well J10 getting westren taste seem most unlikely, yes the JF17 with PAF may use some westren components but the FC20 will surely be a complete chines machine. asnd sir growler as far as the point of china looking for westren systems or the west having a good look at J10 can you provide us with some links to support this claim. this will be really nice of you and helpful for all of us!

regards!

Western aviation companies are already operating in China and assist them alot. China is supposed to come out with commercial jet in 2016 and all major aviation companies are trying to get some share of the pie.

I know this is as a matter of fact so please don't argue :)

Western aviation companies are already operating in China and assist them alot. China is supposed to come out with commercial jet in 2016 and all major aviation companies are trying to get some share of the pie.

I know this is as a matter of fact so please don't argue :)

Sorry for that but i will argue as you don't have anything to back your claims.

Commercial jet and Military jet are two different things. Eventually Honeywell FBW, Boeing Design work, GE's propuolsion technologies will come handy for military projects through commercial projects like AJR-21 but if you are telling me that these comanies are helping China directly to build a fighter that will compete with US fighters in internaitonal market...then my advice will be to please stay quiet or provide some concerete evidence about what you are saying here.

And you are saying this on basis of ............... ?

Did you see these... AESA for J-10B.

FC-20 is what PAF will get, till this time I don't know how much different it will be from J-10B but one thing sure this will be built on requirement of PAF.

a panel of arrays does not prove anything.

a panel of arrays does not prove anything.

I posted panel of arrays in fav. of my argument but problem here is you even can't provide anything like this in fav. of your claim of FC-20 being upgraded with Western radars and avionics. Do u have any news item or any interview in that regard? I don't think so...

So, to me, personal opinion also don't prove anything.

Back
Top Bottom