What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

So another outburst without results...

Fate of 10040 confirmed...its up and running.
But no confirmation about the other 3.
Except 10025 which is most probably the one damaged in the attack.
This still leaves us with ambuiguity about the remaining 2 erieye...

Oh well...back to my hybernation.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And there's one at Sargodha here as well.. was it roaming around the country when the Sat was snapping up images?
21sk.png

Then again at Chaklala.
oo3a.png

Erie-Eye ?

Google earth images can be 1-3 year old....
Thats what it says on their FAQ page.

Images usually are dated with the company(i.e the sat service provider) from where they are sourced. In this case, these were 2013.which means someone requested an updated version from google.

As interesting as the discussion on the true number of Erieye is, it has a tendency to overlook the irreparable damage the destruction of one or two or more systems has done to the PAF capabilities. I personally believe the lower number, pessimism being the trait most true to being Pakistani; those who believe otherwise come across as desperate to coverup the incredible failure of the PAF and to convince themselves that the modernization of the force isn't going in reverse.

The truth is, any significant progress the PAF made over the past decade has been dented severely by the 'peacetime' destruction of what is one of our few trump cards. As a nation with an almost comically weak SAM capability, the AWACs are a crucial centerpiece of anything resembling a successful defence of Pakistan proper by the armed forces. Losing a significant portion of the situational awareness a relatively large fleet of AWACs aircraft provides, leaves us in the dark during potentially short but tactically significant periods.

So whether we have lost one or two or even four aircraft, the larger picture is almost unaffected. The PAF is significantly weaker today thanks to it's inability to protect its own assets. And the loss in assets would be greatly magnified in a conflict where knowledge of an adversary and it's movements is of great value, and where such intrusive systems which can provide such knowledge are duly hunted.

In any case, for refreshing our memories(and biding some time till Isha).
These are the Erieyes whose pictures we have seen(i.e we knew they existed with pictorial proof).

Operator date manf serial
Pakistan Gvmt 27/04/1995 J019

2207242.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 30/09/1996 09040

saab2000-55-large.jpg

25215217475814926038610.jpg

Apparently this one had an identity crisis. 09040->10040

Pakistan Gvmt 26/06/1997 10049 Active
saab2000-10-large.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 03/03/1997 10045
This aircraft also served as the demonstrator, so any pictures of the demonstrator is this one

saab2000-12-large.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 26/09/1995 10025 Stored
2094997.jpg

So, there are five SAAB-2000s. Of which four are AEW&C aircraft...and of which only 10-040 has been seen recently.
Which means that this little piggy was the only one not home when the wolves came , and huffed and puffed and blew the house down.

Here is how our precious $1 billion dollars were kept.
bta2q.jpg

The Saudi Myth is a Myth, because in Highmark 2010, we had 09-040 active.. So no missing plane as such.

The one I am really worried about is this one.. What to happened to his one?
s73r5431.jpg

I am really in a favor that if PAC in near future gains some extra cash from GoP then they should develop some turbo prop. planes locally and also do a JV on two types of plane like:
Saab-2000
Saab-340

Ok...lets crowd source this task...Open your Google earth (Not google maps) and search PAF bases you think can have Erieye..
Look for dates after 16-Aug-2012 and see on what dates and where you can see Erieye or something resembling..
Take a clear screenshot and post here with whatever date Google earth shows for that Picture...

Here is my find

This is clearly an Erieye Parked at Sargodha on 05-Mar-2013

a9u8.jpg

In any case, for refreshing our memories(and biding some time till Isha).
These are the Erieyes whose pictures we have seen(i.e we knew they existed with pictorial proof).

Pakistan Gvmt 27/04/1995 J019

2207242.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 30/09/1996 09040

saab2000-55-large.jpg

(THIS ONE IS 09049 not 40. This picture is from an Firepower demonstration HM10 at that time we had received only one Erieye and one Saab2k Transport)

25215217475814926038610.jpg

Apparently this one had an identity crisis. 09040->10040

Pakistan Gvmt 26/06/1997 10049 Active
saab2000-10-large.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 03/03/1997 10045
This aircraft also served as the demonstrator, so any pictures of the demonstrator is this one

saab2000-12-large.jpg

Pakistan Gvmt 26/09/1995 10025 Stored
2094997.jpg

Here is how our precious $1 billion dollars were kept.
bta2q.jpg

The Saudi Myth is a Myth, because in Highmark 2010, we had 09-040 active.. So no missing plane as such.

The error in image order have been identified above.
Also 09-040 true serial no is 10-040.

hghhgghgh.jpg

Bhai jaan abhi to bauhut kuch ana hai...

So it's 80% confirmed then...
@DANGER-ZONE...what do you say about this?:D

There's a lot of myths that aren't myths but a reality.
@DANGER-ZONE...

Chalo yaar logon ko yaha fikar to ho gye hai total no. of Erieyes ke, sach bhe nikal he aye ga aik din.
SE-045 belongs to KSA as of me, well you can take this info with a pinch of salt if you want. it will be out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chalo yaar logon ko yaha fikar to ho gye hai total no. of Erieyes ke, sach bhe nikal he aye ga aik din.
SE-045 belongs to KSA as of me, well you can take this info with a pinch of salt if you want. it will be out soon.

and who the hell are you?

"Kiss bagh kii moolii ho"?

@Oscar, serial numbers are 09049, 10040, 10025 and J-019.

10045 has NEVER been photographed in PAF colors, NEVER has there been a clear photo. Only images are with civilian registration SE-045. So either PAF kept it perfectly secret, or it is doing something else.

Bhai jaan abhi to bauhut kuch ana hai...

So it's 80% confirmed then...
@DANGER-ZONE...what do you say about this?:D

There's a lot of myths that aren't myths but a reality.
@DANGER-ZONE...

and who the hell are you?

"Kiss bagh kii moolii ho"?

Thats why i told you @nuclearpak, i doesn't worth sharing this info at open forum. Here we have first response.
Better to wait for it.

and @Dreamreaper Moli KHAIT me ugti hai BAGH me nahin
"Tum kis Khait ke moli ho"

Thats why i told you @nuclearpak, i doesn't worth sharing this info at open forum. Here we have first response.
Better to wait for it.

and @Dreamreaper Moli KHAIT me ugti hai BAGH me nahin
"Tum kis Khait ke moli ho"

Stop trying to pose like some ISI or CIA guy.....
Its been a whole year guys like you have been posing all illusive and mystical for show off purposes...
I remember your "Source of Info"...must be somewhere in the initial pages of this thread..You too Quoted somebody who works at the Kamra base...
Now you come up with another Rubbish claim 10045 belongs to Saudi Arabia.....what ever you smoke is pretty strong.

@Oscar, serial numbers are 09049, 10040, 10025 and J-019.

10045 has NEVER been photographed in PAF colors, NEVER has there been a clear photo. Only images are with civilian registration SE-045. So either PAF kept it perfectly secret, or it is doing something else.

Unfortunately in Pakistan there is no hobby of Plane spotting..Like here in UK where people have ultra zoom lenses with DSLRs and regularly scan the skies around airbases and photograph planes..
Pakistanis are more used to taking photos with Nokia Lumia or iPhones..
such devices don't capture planes up in the air.... So from where do you expect every PAF plane's picture in HD to appear in Public domain?

Unfortunately in Pakistan there is no hobby of Plane spotting..Like here in UK where people have ultra zoom lenses with DSLRs and regularly scan the skies around airbases and photograph planes..
Pakistanis are more used to taking photos with Nokia Lumia or iPhones..
such devices don't capture planes up in the air.... So from where do you expect every PAF plane's picture in HD to appear in Public domain?

Chal bhai tu mauj kar...all planes are well and sound, like a baby. None got destroyed, none got damaged...we have 4 AWACS and a Trainer. Happy happy.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom