What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Since we only had 4, most is superlative word in that sense. Even if you had one aircraft left, you would still want maintenance. However, there is more than one SAAB that is capable of flying but less than four.

for one aircraft no maintinance contract will be needed as enough parts will be availably by scavanging the "Dead ones"...
an RPG cannot annihilate an aircraft and i wqas sat in front of the TV throughout the live coverage of the event and apart from the smoke from fuel storage,no smoke was seen rising from hangers .. so no Erieye were annihilated..
It was an RPG not Napam ...

Means that no Erieye were destroyed to the extent that spares couldnt be salvaged.....Looking at the fact that all erieye were identical units...
So a 170 Million USD contract for "Spares" is massive if PAF has existing supply of spares from disabled planes.....

Figures dont add up here......

In my oppinion 170 million is the bill for repair of the one damaged plane plus spares for remaining planes.......
You dont need spared for Erieye system as that is solid state and you dont go around changing circuit boards as regular maintinance...
The only thing that will need periodic spare parts is the planes,and these palnes are dirt cheap these days....

Again the figures dont add up here....

Yet our internet Blitzerkers wont stop Blitzerking their negative propogaganda...

for one aircraft no maintinance contract will be needed as enough parts will be availably by scavanging the "Dead ones"...
an RPG cannot annihilate an aircraft and i wqas sat in front of the TV throughout the live coverage of the event and apart from the smoke from fuel storage,no smoke was seen rising from hangers .. so no Erieye were annihilated..
It was an RPG not Napam ...

Means that no Erieye were destroyed to the extent that spares couldnt be salvaged.....Looking at the fact that all erieye were identical units...
So a 170 Million USD contract for "Spares" is massive if PAF has existing supply of spares from disabled planes.....

Figures dont add up here......

In my oppinion 170 million is the bill for repair of the one damaged plane plus spares for remaining planes.......
You dont need spared for Erieye system as that is solid state and you dont go around changing circuit boards as regular maintinance...
The only thing that will need periodic spare parts is the planes,and these palnes are dirt cheap these days....

Again the figures dont add up here....

Yet our internet Blitzerkers wont stop Blitzerking their negative propogaganda...

So you know more than SecDEF?

It's possible this contract covers the cost of converting training aircraft in to functional AWAC!

So you know more than SecDEF?

It's possible this contract covers the cost of converting training aircraft in to functional AWAC!

I do know more than you ..who says "One and a half" Erieye are alive and the rest are dead..
Whats the source of this brain fart of yours?

Secdef was misquoted and even he mentioned just one erieye...damaged/destroyed....
Something the likes of me have been saying since day one,that one was damaged......

Still how will you or @nuclearpak answer my Question here...i quote myself as you didnt read the whole comment and answerd with a one liner..

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-238.html#ixzz2cQJlEwlE

So why a 170 Million Dollar contract?...for one and a half plane as you just said?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do know more than you ..who says "One and a half" Erieye are alive and the rest are dead..
Whats the source of this brain fart of yours?

Secdef was misquoted and even he mentioned just one erieye...damaged/destroyed....
Something the likes of me have been saying since day one,that one was damaged......

Still how will you or @nuclearpak answer my Question here...i quote myself as you didnt read the whole comment and answerd with a one liner..

Here we go, Instead of brain farting here on this thread, why don't you read SecDEF statement given in parliament once again? He said it clearly, "ONE DESTROYED ON SPOT and ONE IS DAMAGED"

Please mention to us minions, which part of his statement was misquoted? It's your mental brain farts which is blurring your vision and you read things as you wish to see, not what it is written on paper actually!

So it is you who is twisting his statement so to make useless arguments with us.

And what I meant was, One functional AWAC flying and One damaged AWAC being repaired. Thus "One and half AWAC"

Here we go, Instead of brain farting here on this thread, why don't you read SecDEF statment given in parliament once again? He said it clearly, "ONE DESTROYED ON SPOT and ONE IS DAMAGED"

So it is you who is twisting his statment so to make useless arguments with us.

And what I meant was, One functional AWAC flying and One damaged AWAC being repaired. Thus "One and half AWAC"

Yeah right...The cost of the whole unit was less than 200 Million USD NEW and you are stating the repair cost of one partially damaged plane with abundant supply of spared from the "Dead ones" as 170 million... :whistle:

Consider your figures again aftre reading this reposrt

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/uae-buys-saabs-erieye-aewc-aircraft-05951/

Current cost of one Erieye according to this report is 110 Million USD

Yeah right...The cost of the whole unit was 200 Million USD NEW and you are stating the repair cost of one partially damaged plane with abundant supply of spared from the "Dead ones" as 170 million... :whistle:

I'm still waiting for you to proof one is not destroyed

And your "brain fart" about the 170 million agreement, Did you read the actual document? The term of services agreed upon by
PAF and SAAB of what kind of services they will seek from SAAB?

The usual PR statement from SAAB is for public consumption. So If you knew what is actual terms of services PAF seeked from SAAB, perhaps, you could spare us your genius assumptions

Yeah right...The cost of the whole unit was less than 200 Million USD NEW and you are stating the repair cost of one partially damaged plane with abundant supply of spared from the "Dead ones" as 170 million... :whistle:

Consider your figures again aftre reading this reposrt

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/uae-buys-saabs-erieye-aewc-aircraft-05951/

Current cost of one Erieye according to this report is 110 Million USD

AS per SecDEF, Each AWAC costed 250 million Dollar.

good..
then you can tell how misinformed secdef is...and keep believing him...
bye

And there your Ignorance is busted. 3 AWAC + 1 training aircraft for 1 billion dollar. Just shows how stubborn you become to support your useless arguments!

It is you who needs to revisit your figures

And there your Ignorance is busted. 3 AWAC + 1 training aircraft for 1 billion dollar. Just shows how stubborn you become to support your useless arguments!

It is you who needs to revisit your figures

That was a SEK 7.4 billion "Credit contract" and figures included Compound interest and surcharges..Not the actual cost per unit...

Sweden’s Dagens Industri in an April 10/13 article, is that the original purchase was funded by a 2006 credit arrangement of SEK 7.4 billion from the Swedish Export Credit and Export Credits Guarantee Board. Now they’ll have to add SEK 1+ billion to cover this, all to a country that isn’t viewed as a terrific credit risk. Saab Group

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/sweden-finalizes-saab-2000-aewc-contract-with-pakistan-02377/

and in 2006 exchange rates the amount comes up as 1.03 Billion USD.....and divide that by 5..its 200 million per plane?..and a sane person will guess that such a large contract will include spares supply in the 1 bilion dollar figure..
So each unit cost was definably less than 200 Million..On credit..
For cash payers like UAE its 110 Million as shown in the link i posted...

and to revive your memory the original contract was 4+1,...and 200 Million Dollar figure also come from this news report

ISLAMABAD: In October 2005, Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget or Saab, the Swedish manufacturer, agreed to sell us the most modern airborne tactical surveillance system — a high-speed turboprop that uses 4,591 shp Rolls-Royce AE 2100 turboprop engines and is equipped with Ericsson Microwave Systems’ Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AEW&C) based on the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA).

In 2009, we got the best and the most cost-efficient air policing platform but paid through the nose a wholesome Swedish krona 8.3 billion or an equivalent of $1.2 billion — $800 million for Saab and $400 million for the Erieye.

Saab 2000 Erieye was built to specifications of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) with a 450-km Erieye radar range. The Erieye is not only data-linked to the PAF command and control infrastructure but links up with our F-16 Fighting Falcons as well.
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-130520-200-million-dollars-questions

Here is the news source mentioning original contract of 4+1 NOT 3+1 as you say

Pakistan's first of five Saab 2000-based airborne early warning and control system aircraft was rolled out at the Swedish manufacturer's Linköping facility late last month.

Equipped with a Saab Microwave Systems Erieye surveillance radar, mission system and electronic warfare equipment, the Saab Aerotech-modified aircraft will offer an unrefuelled endurance of over nine hours. "This is a vital item of equipment to maintain peace," Pakistan air force chief of staff Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed said during a 27 March ceremony.
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-pakistans-first-saab-aewc-system-emerges-222892/

International aviation registers still mention 5 Saab-2000 belonging to Pakistan

10025 025 Saab 2000 AEW&C 05-2010 Active SE-025
10040 040 Saab 2000 AEW&C 02-07-2010 Active SE-040
10045 045 Saab 2000 AEW&C 03-10-2011 Active SE-045
10049 049 Saab 2000 AEW&C 23-02-2010 Active SE-049
J-019 019 Saab 2000 AEW&C 26-09-2008 Active SE-019

But no picture of all 4 erieye exists in Public domain...Only three have been photographed..
so make up your own mind.

That was a SEK 7.4 billion "Credit contract" and figures included Compound interest and surcharges..Not the actual cost per unit...Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-215.html#ixzz2cQd5dDIv
That was a SEK 7.4 billion "Credit contract" and figures included Compound interest and surcharges..Not the actual cost per unit...

and in 2006 exchange rates the amount comes up as 1.03 Billion USD.....and divide that by 5..its 200 million per plane?..and a sane person will guess that such a large contract will include spares supply in the 1 bilion dollar figure..
So each unit cost was definably less than 200 Million..On credit..
For cash payers like UAE its 110 Million as shown in the link i posted...

and to revive your memory the original contract was 4+1,...and 200 Million Dollar figure also come from this news report

Here is the news source mentioning original contract of 4+1 NOT 3+1 as you say

International aviation registers still mention 5 Saab-2000 belonging to Pakistan

But no picture of all 4 erieye exists in Public domain...Only three have been photographed..
so make up your own mind.

Pakistan Air Force Saab 2000 AEW&C Support Contract

Posted on: March 21st, 2013

The first Pakistan Air Force Saab 2000 AEW&C during pre-delivery flight-testing.

Saab was awarded a support contract for the type today by an unspecified nation, which must be Pakistan, as the only current operator of the type.

Saab DEFENCE AND security company Saab today signed an SEK1.1 billion ($169 million) support contract for a Saab 2000 AEW&C (airborne early warning and control) system already in service with an undisclosed nation. Although the company did not identify the country involved, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is the only air arm currently operating the type. All other Erieye systems on Saab aircraft are on the smaller Saab 340.

The PAF has taken delivery of four Saab 2000 AEW&C aircraft, which entered service with 3 Squadron at PAF Base Kamra-Minhas from December 2009. One aircraft was, however, damaged beyond repair on August 16, 2012, when militants fired a rocket-propelled grenade at 3 Squadron’s hangar. At the time it was thought to be repairable, but on February 6, 2013, Pakistan’s Defense Secretary confirmed that it had been destroyed in the attack.

The new support contract covers a comprehensive set of spares and support services for the system, which comprises of the Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with the advanced Erieye radar system and ground equipment.

“Our support contract is a result of our close co-operation with our customer and can be seen as a further confirmation of our strong capability to provide our customers with advanced service and support solutions”, says Gunilla Fransson, Head of Saab’s Security and Defense Solutions business.

AFD-Dave Allport

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-215.html#ixzz2cQd5dDIv

So you need to makeup your mind too, that RPG destroyed the AWAC!

Haan @Dreamreaper bhai jaan, posts ko delete karo delete...when tall claims fall flat, you can only delete posts to save face!

@Dreamreaper:
really fed up of your persistant gibberish...

Saab announces Saab 2000 Erieye maintenance contract - IHS Jane's 360

If as per you ..most erieye have been destroyed..then why this contract was signed?

Just to clear your mind, I never said 'most' or 'all' have been destroyed, I have always maintained one. I remember how much I was ridiculed, but I stuck to it.

So carry on.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom