What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

Should have gone for French in 2008 ! I said here on the forum that this is the best option since DCN is also involved with Augosta and tech transfer, given the learning earned by Pakis, we should have gone to make Marlin with France. U214 is compareable to Scorpion by all means and will be in league with Marlin but once you have a tech available like augosta it is easier to start with Marlin and start making more augostas our selves!

Alas! wasted all the time in world and still not gained anything!

After the failure of talks between French and Pakistan on the up-gradation of the indigenous made Jf-17 multi-role fighter aircraft, it is believed that Pakistan would once again go for the the world class German Submarine which Pakistan was to procure form Germany, not only this, but the Germans are willing to transfer technology i.e. the Subs are going to be built in Pakistan. Zaradri's corrupt government had decided to stall the deal in favor of the French Subs which are inferior in technology to the Germans. The video link above shows the capability of the U-214 German Subs.

Watch Video:

Source: Pakistan Ideology

Nawaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

It may have already been covered; but could anybody explain why Type-214 boats seem to lack anti-sonar tiles on the hull?

Hi there,

It may have already been covered; but could anybody explain why Type-214 boats seem to lack anti-sonar tiles on the hull?

the ones with the anit-sonar hullls are the U212z.
pakisnatn was looking for U214z from start

Hi there,

Because the U212 are not available for export customers, only Germany, Italy (development partner) and possibly Israel have them.

Because the U212 are not available for export customers, only Germany, Italy (development partner) and possibly Israel have them.

That doesn't explain why (it appears from pictures I have seen) the 214 boats go without acoustic tiles?

That doesn't explain why (it appears from pictures I have seen) the 214 boats go without acoustic tiles?

Sorry, what I meant was that the U 212 is the most advanced version of this sub, although the U214 has similarities in techs, it is mainly based on the older U209 series. That is also a reason why the older U 209s can be upgraded (although not that easy as HDW stated before) to 214 level. So if they lacks these tiles (can't confirm it now), it might be the reason that they are available only for U212 versions.

Should have gone for French in 2008 ! I said here on the forum that this is the best option since DCN is also involved with Augosta and tech transfer, given the learning earned by Pakis, we should have gone to make Marlin with France. U214 is compareable to Scorpion by all means and will be in league with Marlin but once you have a tech available like augosta it is easier to start with Marlin and start making more augostas our selves!

Alas! wasted all the time in world and still not gained anything!

I dont thnk that pak is that fool to waste time ..it must come up inshAllah with something we dont knw now...but trust God...we will get something we really need...:pakistan::pdf:

Last edited:
well hope some medis members go to cons and ask him what happened about the deal only than we can say it is on or off deal

After the failure of talks between French and Pakistan on the up-gradation of the indigenous made Jf-17 multi-role fighter aircraft, it is believed that Pakistan would once again go for the the world class German Submarine which Pakistan was to procure form Germany, not only this, but the Germans are willing to transfer technology i.e. the Subs are going to be built in Pakistan. Zaradri's corrupt government had decided to stall the deal in favor of the French Subs which are inferior in technology to the Germans. The video link above shows the capability of the U-214 German Subs.

Watch Video: YouTube - Pakistan navy's next generation submarine the type-214

Source: Pakistan Ideology

Nawaz

So in essence, Zardari's stupid diplomacy led to German U-Boats? Please provide links...

Back
Top Bottom