What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

wait waqar are we still going to operate our old agosta 70s till late 2015
sorry i don't think so i think they are going to replace in the future by three new subs either type 214 or chinese subs

wait waqar are we still going to operate our old agosta 70s till late 2015
sorry i don't think so i think they are going to replace in the future by three new subs either type 214 or chinese subs

I discussed earlier and posted references in some thread, where i proved that PN wants to locally build 3 more Submarines till 2020, experienced on the basis of Augosta 90, and the combination of U214 stealth and advanced characterisitcs....but unfortunately U214 deal took too long.......I dont know wts the new or alternative plan for PN.......but that's sure that PN ants to take number to 10 with latest subs that can serve till 2030.

Agosta 70 will be out till 2012, so there must be consideration of new subs.

Source:p:akistan navy induction plan till 2020

Last edited:
I discussed earlier and posted references in some thread, where i proved that PN wants to locally build 3 more Submarines till 2020, experienced on the basis of Augosta 90, and the combination of U214 stealth and advanced characterisitcs....but unfortunately U214 deal took too long.......I dont know wts the new or alternative plan for PN.......but that's sure that PN ants to take number to 10 with latest subs that can serve till 2030.

Agosta 70 will be out till 2012, so there must be consideration of new subs.

Source:p:akistan navy induction plan till 2020

in your view what is the best alternative to type 214
i think swedish gotland...........canbe a good alternative
what is your say on this

in your view what is the best alternative to type 214
i think swedish gotland...........canbe a good alternative
what is your say on this

China, France , Sweden and Turkey manufacture subs, that can be offered PN.......and I think PN should go for Joint venture with China for Nuke subs along with sharing experience of Augosta.......no other option is available.

Usa and Russia will never sell their subs to Pak.....and we are looking Germany disappointing attitude.

i think the U-214 is SUNK!!!! a sad fact again a chance goes begging & pakistan has no one to blame but itself!!! no more sanctions and yet we still can't get our hands on something that WE are being offered!!!

wonder how long will we keep our head burried in the sand!!

i think the U-214 is SUNK!!!! a sad fact again a chance goes begging & pakistan has no one to blame but itself!!! no more sanctions and yet we still can't get our hands on something that WE are being offered!!!

But there has'nt been any official statement yet

.............but i think ppl are getting this gut feeling for sometime

i clearly remember it was 2008 when the chief executive announced that 95% of the deal was done..........
no major leads after that really........
but you never know , maybe something will come up in IDEAS 2010..

from indian perspective , i wouldn't want the PN getting its hand on u214.......:P

Pakistan should juts buy the Merlins get this over with , we would be building a sub right now instead of waiting for pupet germany to get nod from its masters

hi friends... i was at this defence exhibition in delhi and both the german and the french contingent had displayed their respective subs ( i.e 214 and merlin) . they are expected to participate in the upcoming tender for 6 more subs by the indian navy .. you ppl think the delay on the part of germans and french is 'coz of that ????. if you want to see the pics of these two subs i clicked in the exhibition i would love to share the same with you here..

What are you babbling on about?

You have no proof of your statements. I doubt the deal is sunk. Until there is official news, it's not a good idea to make such baseless accusations.

The Hindu : News / National : Germany keen on closer defence, civil nuclear ties

Mr. Matussek took up with the government the impasse in awarding the tender for refuellers for Airbus and has professed interest in promoting the German company HDW for the coming order for submarines. “We hope we will be able to get the submarine deal. It will be easier since we shelved the deal with Pakistan,” he said.

@xtremeownage

i guess this puts an end to speculation!

This is a big blow .. We really needed those subs .. There is still hope after India gets the picking.

Back
Top Bottom