What's new

Pakistani youth favors Sharia Law over Democracy.

'Pakistani youth 'favour Sharia law over democracy'

images

Pakistani youth favour Sharia law over democracy, a British Council survey suggests.

More than half of 5,000 18-29 year-old Pakistanis polled said democracy had not been good for them or the country.Furthermore, 94% said Pakistan was going in the wrong direction - a figure up from 50% in 2007.

Making up almost a third of registered voters, the under-30s are expected to play a big part in Pakistan's general elections in May.When asked to pick the best political system, both Sharia law and military rule were favoured over democracy.

The survey points towards a pessimistic generation, disenchanted with democracy after 5 years of civilian rule, says the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad.Most of those surveyed had more faith in the army than any other institution: Its approval rating was about 70% compared with just 13% for the government.

A quarter of respondents said they had been directly affected by violence, or had witnessed a serious violent event.That figure rose to more than 60% in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.

The greatest concern for most was rising prices, not terrorism: Almost 70% said they were worse off now than five years ago.While many young people are registered to vote, less than half of those surveyed said they were certain they would do so.

BBC News - Pakistani youth 'favour Sharia law over democracy'

:confused:

funny i had read the news before it was posted and all i can see that Pakistani Youth said

1. They are not satisfied with 5-year govt term that lasted recently.

2. This democracy is NOT helping the problems of a common Pakistani

3. The Pakistani youth's biggest concern was inlfation and other social issues as per the survey

4. Pakistani Youth trust its army more than politicians as per this survey. ["The survey points towards a pessimistic generation, disenchanted with democracy after 5 years of civilian rule, says the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad.Most of those surveyed had more faith in the army than any other institution: Its approval rating was about 70% compared with just 13% for the government.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/social-issues-current-events/243558-pakistani-youth-favors-sharia-law-over-democracy.html#ixzz2PNPJtXoR"

5. There was NOTHING specific about shria law BUT only their disappointment for the democracy.

just read what it says "When asked to pick the best political system, both Sharia law and military rule were favoured over democracy

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/social-issues-current-events/243558-pakistani-youth-favors-sharia-law-over-democracy.html#ixzz2PNPYTAKl"

Shariah is the only way forward Sir most Pakistanis reject this corrupt system that is why Imran can do some good things but not bring change in this system this system divided Muslims their can be no political parties in Islamic system Sir that is the major default in this system and we see the results when they fight like dogs with each other and terrorism is because our Armed forces and government killed its own people on American orders

No Sir vast majority is still not in favor and those who are many of them are those who are strictly religious and think he can bring Pakistan closer to Islam

Who is creating hurdle for the implementation of Sharia in the land of 97% Muslim since the proposal was given just after the creation of Pakistan.

Pakistani youth ka dimagh kharab hai...

I mean by saying that they are giving Shariah a bad name - this youth, which has no shortage of mobile chor, gun violence, jhoot, no interest in education, etc... If they want Shariah, toh you can imagine what good name they are giving to Shariah.

Ask these Shariah young people to talk about Islam when they stop their **** obsession, when they stop blurting out MC, BC in every sentence and when they stop polluting the environment they live in.

They can't do basics of good moral behavior but want religious police running after them.

I am not wrong these are facts first because daddy American calls them terrorists I am not their slave that I will believe that and defending them is duty of Pakistan not joining hands with kafirs in killing them and no body was made women shield Sir in Lal Masjid those who stayed stayed with their own will lies told by Armed Forces

We don't kill them cause America calls them terrorists.

World does.

Just look at amount of killing, raping, kidnapping they do.
They don't even spare children.

And you have the gall to not call them terrorists?
Are you human or not?
You cannot figure out who is terrorist and who is not From daily suicide bombs blasts in Pakistan?

You know that suicide is forbidden in Islam... Right?

--

And by your logic, no media outlet should be trusted, right?

--

Lol even Bin Laden put his wife INFRONT of him to shield himself during raid...
What a coward terrorist.

--

TTP sympathizer & TTP should be hung in public.
I swear I will never rest until each and every TTP bastard body is given a dogs death
Lanat

So you mean all natives living in autonomous provinces in India should move to another nation?

No wonder bodo hate you guys

What do you mean by 'autonomous provinces'? If 100 people or 100 million want self determination... It cannot be fulfilled... India is one and there is no place for separatists... though they were allowed to roam freely!

I often feel China is great is handling the separatists... They simply execute them or imprison them indefinitely!

Anyways, I request you to leave it like that.... It is not about Indian Muslims... Let us NOT talk anything apart from topic... Good luck with the new wish!

We don't kill them cause America calls them terrorists.

World does.

Just look at amount of killing, raping, kidnapping they do.
They don't even spare children.

And you have the gall to not call them terrorists?
Are you human or not?
You cannot figure out who is terrorist and who is not From daily suicide bombs blasts in Pakistan?

You know that suicide is forbidden in Islam... Right?

--

And by your logic, no media outlet should be trusted, right?

--

Lol even Bin Laden put his wife INFRONT of him to shield himself during raid...
What a coward terrorist.

--

TTP sympathizer & TTP should be hung in public.
I swear I will never rest until each and every TTP bastard body is given a dogs death
Lanat
Still I give a dam they don't bring single proof and call them terrorists it is the same liar USA who lied about WMD in Iraq same country attacked vietnam by telling a lie that their ships were attacked which weren't so you stop killing your own people on American orders or don't expect peace only bloodbath will come in the way

Still I give a dam they don't bring single proof and call them terrorists it is the same liar USA who lied about WMD in Iraq same country attacked vietnam by telling a lie that their ships were attacked which weren't so you stop killing your own people on American orders or don't expect peace only bloodbath will come in the way

Again, Zarvan get your priorities straight.
It isn't United Sates that is making all this up
Just think about it yourself, why would the U.S make this up?

Or do you mean that the local population which witnessed terrorist attacks by TTP were hallucinating or all just on payroll by the U.S?
That's a hella lot of work for the U.S

Paying 40,000 civilians families to lie on camera that they faced terrorist activities by TTP

Use your brain dude

what the hell??? TTP is a terrorist organisation all its allies including LeJ/SSP is involved in terrorism.

just few days back i saw one such piggheads terrorist blown himself in two pieces and killing innocent Muslims :angry:

what proof you want.

Again, Zarvan get your priorities straight.
It isn't United Sates that is making all this up
Just think about it yourself, why would the U.S make this up?

Or do you mean that the local population which witnessed terrorist attacks by TTP were hallucinating or all just on payroll by the U.S?
That's a hella lot of work for the U.S

Paying 40,000 civilians families to lie on camera that they faced terrorist activities by TTP

Use your brain dude

Sir your Army killed more than 40000 in Tribal areas many many of them are women and children I give you one incident that will tell you what the hell Army has been doing in one incident in brought day light in research of so called Taliban Army bombed and killed 40 people in Market who were doing shopping and most who were killed were women and children so people in Tribal areas have fare more facts to tell

Who is creating hurdle for the implementation of Sharia in the land of 97% Muslim since the proposal was given just after the creation of Pakistan.

The same Shariah luvin Pakistani youth -- The article is just so much sensationalist trash - what the youth are sick of is the poor economy and they are pretty desperate -- recall Tunisia and the spark it took -- Why should these youth dream of being migrant workers in EU or so ME or some other place -- So if as they are being sold the bill of goods that Shariah is manna from heaven (Saudi Arabia), as long as it mean a job , yeah, sure, bring it.

But of course this message is not really sensational, it does not make the headlines and worse still it does not scare anyone in the West

what the hell??? TTP is a terrorist organisation all its allies including LeJ/SSP is involved in terrorism.

just few days back i saw one such piggheads terrorist blown himself in two pieces and killing innocent Muslims :angry:

what proof you want.

First your Army started killing innocnent Muslims bombed them for four years from 2003 to 2007 and in 2007 TTP was formed their was not TTP before 2007 thanks to your Army killings the came into existence

Sir your Army killed more than 40000 in Tribal areas many many of them are women and children I give you one incident that will tell you what the hell Army has been doing in one incident in brought day light in research of so called Taliban Army bombed and killed 40 people in Market who were doing shopping and most who were killed were women and children so people in Tribal areas have fare more facts to tell

Army Didnt kill 40000 civilians Zarvan

That's what TTP did

Back
Top Bottom