What's new

Pakistani poets mistreated at New Delhi Mushaira

I really think we are handling this very badly.

Consider the facts.

A twisted bigot puts some defamatory stuff about a famous Pakistani poetess, and tries to put her down by blowing out of all proportion an ugly incident at a mushaira that she attended, as an invitee. In spite of the truth being readily available, we have it reported on PDF with all the mirch-masala that was available on the kitchen shelf. We then proceed to make horses' arses of ourselves:

1. some Indians by being churlish and defiant in a surly kind of way, with not a hint of regret, nor any hint that having read the true account, they were not in any mood to bother with the distorted version; pathetic, really;
2. some Pakistanis by applauding the humilitation meted out to the three, a humiliation that never was, as it serves them right for having anything to do with the leprous Indians;
3. some Indians then by playing the tu quoque card, which is so tiresome when our friends the Pakistanis play it;
4. some Pakistanis by sneering at the lack of the true spirit of hospitality of the Indians, and their disgraceful behaviour towards guests;
5. some other Indiansn by thoroughly losing their composure and dragging in Bangladesh;
6. a little love-affair conducted by two of our most respected members, in full public view :-D
7. the usual suspects, weighing in with wholly untrustworthy points of view;
8. very sensible interventions by one Pakistani, with apparently nobody to listen to him and to his balanced and reasonable points.

Please stop. This is fast becoming a headache.

A. There was no insult. One - one - dissenting person spoke up, and I admire him for doing so, and sticking to his guns, even as I am thankful that he was promptly bundled out;
B. There was some elliptical references in the mushaira itself to this incident, of a dignified, yet sardonic type, which apparently tickled the audience and earned its appreciation;
C. The proceedings went on perfectly peacefully from that point on.

I don't like what the protester did, and I don't like the words he used, but damn me if I don't support his right to make that point. It is true that I thoroughly approved of his being thrown out (not literally, I hope), but the two things are separate. I think that the three guests that evening, if asked, will tell us that they had a whale of a time. I think that both sides on this thread now need to give it a break.

a self respecting Pakistani doest go to India

Don't u find this one liner full of pompous, superiority complex looking inferiority crisis (don't know if there is word for it) ridden bile my dear sir ??

Musharraf keeps coming, pakistani terrorists keep coming, pakistani cricketers desperate to come, actors, singers musicians come, looks like pakistani is a beghairat mulk.

we have our share of begharat like you have yours
Musharaf is a statesman his job is to go to foreign countries but i admit going to India is begharat, having said that we have more generous and hospitable people than you do, we dont insult guests, mind you we hate you more than you hate us but show me an incident when we insulted visitors from your country. we are a great nation!!

Don't u find this one liner full of pompous, superiority complex looking inferiority crisis (don't know if there is word for it) ridden bile my dear sir ??

people with brain dont need more than one line to express their feelings
its not a matter of superiority or inferiority, its just pure hate

This is done to lots of Pakistani actors but this is plain stupid and need to stop. All these macho-man will do a better job if they join Indian army and kill the terrorists crossing over from Pakistan instead of threatening shayars at mushaira..

Expected better than a one liner with no meaning from a Think Tank.

humiliation
Web definitions
state of disgrace or loss of self-respect.

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I am going by this meaning.I don't know what meaning you are going by. If a random protestor shouting some slogans then immediately whisked away can make you people lose your self respect , then that is indeed a very alarming situation as far as your status of self-esteem/respect is concerned.

As someone said , the show went on and went well and right now I am sure the Pakistanis must be chilling somewhere with like minded Indians.

Why so sensitive ????

Nay, that one liner had a meaning and you got that too, dictionary wouldn't have been consulted otherwise ! It's just the parameters that you want to define. Here we go, ex Indian president once was halted for couple of hours at US airport by US authorities. Now recall Indian dissent and US apology afterwards and reinterpret what you are citing, and kindly keep that in mind that authorities were following a set protocol, unlike a sick protest that questions one's hospitality.

There's nothing being sensitive, we have witnessed series of such acts in past couple of moths. A Pakistani businessmen delegation which was formally invited in Gujrat was forced to leave the conference; Indian officials withdrew the permit allowing Pakistan embassy officials to attend a literature festival in Jaipur; hockey players were sent back to Pakistan; Women cricket team was ghettoized and there's a list.

Whether the protestors were a few or in dozens their acts of disruption and chanting slogans against a country can flush anybody, you could be an exception although. You my friend please carry on with your dictionary meanings!

Serves them right to even go to a LOW LIFE COUNTRY LIKE INDIA. You don't go looking for roses in a SEWAGE PLANT.

Another one with 'Holier than thou, mightier than thou' syndrome. People like you dissing an entire country for the act of a few when the person invited was properly treated otherwise are even worst than those two bit nut cases.

I met various Indian writers/poets at Karachi literature festival held lately, all of them were given their due respect! Burkha Dutt specifically praised the hospitality she was offered.

You can't compare the hospitality of India with PAKISTANI HOSPITALITY. These Bunyas don't know the meaning of the word HOSPITALITY.

we have our share of begharat like you have yours
Musharaf is a statesman his job is to go to foreign countries but i admit going to India is begharat

people with brain dont need more than one line to express their feelings
its not a matter of superiority or inferiority, its just pure hate

Be careful my dear, hate is a dangerous disease effects the brain's processing unit completely.

Anybody critizing Pakistans state of affairs or its army or showing solidarity with its minorities is supposedly pro India or a RAW agent.

Just Like ARUNDHATI ROY is ISI agent

Be careful my dear, hate is a dangerous disease effects the brain's processing unit completely.

You need to tell this to your Indian fellows who are blind by their hate and harming even literary people

Just Like ARUNDHATI ROY is ISI agent

You need to tell this to your Indian fellows who are blind by their hate and harming even literary people

My dear Madam there was no physical harm caused was it?? sure there will be people with hate along with rational ones. You can't generalize an entire country. Aren't the ones who invited the artists here and must have enjoyed their work those who were loving the artist's work and Indians ??

Regarding the incident it is an unfortunate one but everybody has a right to protest anything, it is their fundamental right. You can't take that away.

I really think we are handling this very badly.

Consider the facts.

A twisted bigot puts some defamatory stuff about a famous Pakistani poetess, and tries to put her down by blowing out of all proportion an ugly incident at a mushaira that she attended, as an invitee. In spite of the truth being readily available, we have it reported on PDF with all the mirch-masala that was available on the kitchen shelf. We then proceed to make horses' arses of ourselves:

1. some Indians by being churlish and defiant in a surly kind of way, with not a hint of regret, nor any hint that having read the true account, they were not in any mood to bother with the distorted version; pathetic, really;
2. some Pakistanis by applauding the humilitation meted out to the three, a humiliation that never was, as it serves them right for having anything to do with the leprous Indians;
3. some Indians then by playing the tu quoque card, which is so tiresome when our friends the Pakistanis play it;
4. some Pakistanis by sneering at the lack of the true spirit of hospitality of the Indians, and their disgraceful behaviour towards guests;
5. some other Indiansn by thoroughly losing their composure and dragging in Bangladesh;
6. a little love-affair conducted by two of our most respected members, in full public view :-D
7. the usual suspects, weighing in with wholly untrustworthy points of view;
8. very sensible interventions by one Pakistani, with apparently nobody to listen to him and to his balanced and reasonable points.

Please stop. This is fast becoming a headache.

A. There was no insult. One - one - dissenting person spoke up, and I admire him for doing so, and sticking to his guns, even as I am thankful that he was promptly bundled out;
B. There was some elliptical references in the mushaira itself to this incident, of a dignified, yet sardonic type, which apparently tickled the audience and earned its appreciation;
C. The proceedings went on perfectly peacefully from that point on.

I don't like what the protester did, and I don't like the words he used, but damn me if I don't support his right to make that point. It is true that I thoroughly approved of his being thrown out (not literally, I hope), but the two things are separate. I think that the three guests that evening, if asked, will tell us that they had a whale of a time. I think that both sides on this thread now need to give it a break.

:) Sir your long sermon has just small one line result that is :" Indians or one Indian doing that was UNCALLED for". If Indians can not host their guests from Pakistan then Indian Govt should issue once and for all BAN on them. This is weakness of Indian mentality not ours. You guys are harming the peaceful people including literary persons. sportspersons and god knows if it will boil down to harming health practitioners soon in every possible way.

I know exactly what you implied but are you ignoring or did you miss the part about my country.!!

You can hardly accuse us playing a 'dirty game' or you being a 'victim' of a conspiracy ..when you(your establishment) think with your balls than brains!!
At first sight of trouble ..shoot everyone in sight,must have your motto in 1971.

We had to get involved because your forced our hands with your maniacal genocidal policy.

You can't compare the hospitality of India with PAKISTANI HOSPITALITY. These Bunyas don't know the meaning of the word HOSPITALITY.

Yeah so says a Mullah, Blame a Banya for all your misfortunes.. Idiot!!!

Also, we saw Pakistani hospitality to the Sri lankan cricket team so we know very well what to expect once landed in your country!!

Serves them right to even go to a LOW LIFE COUNTRY LIKE INDIA. You don't go looking for roses in a SEWAGE PLANT.

Man u r so damn right. Wasim Akram, entire Pak team which toured India in Dec, Mushraff and all other 'beghairat' Pakistanis who ever spent a sec on Indian soil r a piece of ****...after all, who else comes in a 'SEWAGE PLANT' :tup:. Even Imran Khan was here during 2011 WC...wasn't he ? :disagree:

Well I don't believe in blogs, we have seen endless instances of fake photos published. As per TOI one person shouted slogans and he was whisked off by security. This is not called insult in my opinion, seriously if you have some solid material than talk.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom