What's new

Pakistani medicines popular in Nigeria

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistani medicines are very popular in Nigeria as the country holds a very big market for Pakistani pharma products with prospects of fetching substantial annual orders out of $1.1 billion imported annually by the Nigeria.
Pakistani medicines are rated at par with European countries as evident from the fact even the Indian doctors preferred to prescribe Pakistani medicines in Nigeria to their patients, said Ahmed Ali Sirohey Deputy Ambassador of Pakistan at Nigeria addressing leading Nigerian pharma industrialists led by Ahmed Ibrahim Yakasai.
Sarohi emphasised this was the right time for the Pakistani exporter to enter in the Nigerian market as after two to three years later it would be very difficult as the local manufacturers’ was coming to this business.
He informed the present Director General of NAFDAC (The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control was a Nigerian government agency under the Federal Ministry of Health that was responsible for regulating and controlling the manufacturer, importation, exportation, advertisement, distribution, sale and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals and packaged water.
He explained the people of Nigeria rating Pakistan equal to European countries even the Indian doctors preferred to prescribe Pakistani medicines. He again accentuated to the audience to visit Nigeria and see how big opportunity was waiting for them.
He said lots of Indian and Chinese companies were doing business and now European also entered to capture this big market.
He assured his assistance and services were always available the Pakistani exporters.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2013\04\18\story_18-4-2013_pg5_11

Pakistan should export pharmaceutical medicine across ME, Africa, Central Asia where it can gain market share.

Here is a question. When they say "Pakistani medicines" are they talking about generic medicines made in Pakistan? The line that got me confused is "Pakistani medicines are rated at par with European countries" :undecided:

Anybody knows the size of Pakistani pharma exports to Nigeria or even to the world?:what:

N Pakistan's share in Nigerian Pharma market???:)

As by this thread we dominate that market and even yr docs prescribe our medicine.

These r the Pakistani medicines made in Pak n exported from Pak.

Still confused, sorry. Pakistani medicine as in the "R&D" was done in Pakistan? or Are these generic medicines made in Pakistan?

My friend, what Im alluding to is...are there any Pakistani origin drugs (ie. researched and developed in Pakistan) that have become popular in Nigeria that this news is referring to or are we speaking of the quality of generic drugs manufactured in Pakistan?

In addition, I havent seen much drug innovation coming out of Pakistan in the recent decade, nor have I heard of a Pharma company in line with say brands like Dr.Reddy's etc.
Ill do my own google search since we are on topic, but since you're close to the source, thought you could help educate me quicker...

Thanks in advance...

The latter guaranteed....Abbott is an American company of massive proportions..

quality generics are produced in pakistan, better quality then all of south asia.
there aren't any drugs researched and made solely by pakistani companies if thats what you are looking for.

Here is a question. When they say "Pakistani medicines" are they talking about generic medicines made in Pakistan? The line that got me confused is "Pakistani medicines are rated at par with European countries" :undecided:

they are pakistani medicines made by pakistani companies, companies just dont sell their recipe or formula to other competitors for anything they researched. so once their patent or whatever expires on something they researched and developed then all companies are welcome to make them if they are capable.

:lol: Reality check son, this is an article by dailytimes. PK . What else do you expect them to say ? And besides, Indian pharma dominates in Nigeria, demand and supply speaks for themselves.
reality check for you my little boy
pakistani media is not like indian tabloid style media, most of pakistani news papers and tv channels are very professional and neutral unlike their indian counter parts.

:rofl:

Really Kiddo?

This is Pakistani media we r talking about n our Diplomats saying that not yr media with its goofy claims.

This report speaks for itself n our domination in that market n the DEMAND of our medicine products n their match with european products.
Yr claims of ''Demand'' and ''supply'' in Nigeria abt indian medicine products is a pure lie.

Its just simple logic. When a country has better infrastructure, bigger research output, and quality workforce; it is only natural that it reduces industries in two bit countries like Pakistan struggling for scrapes.

Dude they r and we r not here to clear yr delusions specially if u dont want to accept reality.

U asked a question we have answered it the best way possible!
But if yr still in yr denial then its yr headache.

Yeah. Let me just accept your words and also Abbott is a Pakistani company, so is Pfizer.

But just so you know, there is no shame in making generic drugs, India's most medicine exports have been generic. It's not easy to develop new drugs, the big companies and also research institutes spend billions of dollars for the development of new drugs and it takes years if not decades to make a real "game changer". If you get off that high horse of yours maybe you would realize that too.

Back
Top Bottom