What's new

Pakistani man gets a gift of life with Indian blood

New Recruit

Reaction score
Villagers from Gurgaon came to the rescue of a Pakistani patient battling for his life in a city hospital. Lahore-based businessman Abdur Razzak, 38, underwent a liver transplant surgery at Medanta Medicity on Tuesday and required blood. Since Razzak’s is O+, a rare blood group, his family had a
tough time arranging it. The family then approached the nearby Jharsa village, where several villagers volunteered to donate blood for Razzak.

Doctors have said Razzak is doing fine and will be discharged soon.

Razzak was brought to India on August 28 by his two brothers.

“We were asked to arrange blood from outside as Razzak’s brothers’ blood group didn’t match. We discussed it with a few villagers who live near the hospital. Two of them agreed to donate,” said Mohammad Khalid, Razzak’s cousin.

“The doctors in Pakistan had referred us here and after talking to doctors we came to Gurgaon. Since matching of blood group was important, we started looking for donors. At the hospital canteen, we met Malwinder Singh whose father was admitted in the hospital. When we shared our problem with him, he sent seven of his friends from nearby areas to donate blood,” said Mohammad Ashfaq, Razzak’s brother. Singh also helped arrange 10 more donors for Razzak.

In all, Razaak’s family managed to get 19 donors who helped save his life.

“We don’t know the people who donated the blood for my brother but we will always remember them. We used to go to Jharsa village to buy vegetables and there we met these people who later agreed to donate blood,” Ashfaq said.

“We were skeptical about coming to India but it has become like a second home to us. The treatment we got from people can never be forgotten. Everyone was ready to help us, irrespective of their religion. This is an example of how the gap between India and Pakistan can be bridged,” he added.

“The patient had come to us with a terminal liver disease. He needed an urgent liver transplant and blood donors. The villagers donated blood to save Razzak’s life,” said Dr A.S. Soin, chief liver transplant and hepatobiliary surgeon.
medanta.jpg

Pak man gets gift of life with Indian blood - Hindustan Times

Why not?... If you didn't think it was worth being in the news, whats the point of commenting on this thread?... just move on.
Can you give any news where Pakistani doctors saved an Indian's life.. I haven't came across any. Atleast be appreciative of the good intentions when the thread starter posts such a news.

Why not?... If you didn't think it was worth being in the news, whats the point of commenting on this thread?... just move on.
Can you give any news where Pakistani doctors saved an Indian's life.. I haven't came across any. Atleast be appreciative of the good intentions when the thread starter posts such a news.

This is not the point that whether Pakistani saves Indian or Indian saves Pakistan.

The point is the Bharati media or even Pakistani media is too dumb that they make news out things which are common all around the world and nobody cares about such things. It looks like this is the first time in human history that any citizen of one country donates blood to the citizen of it's rival country.

Anyways if you guys think this is news than OK, I have no problem. Continue celebrating it. I am off from this now.

:)

Hmm... would have made news if someone were stoned to death..

BTW is O+ a rare group ? I felt negative is rare.

Personally....I dont like this type of news....

A selfless act of kindness only exists when one does it out of pure generosity of their heart and not to gain praise or prove their moral highground....

I hope the OP has posted this to signal that Indians and Pakistanis can come to each others rescue and look beyond our petty religious and political differences....

at least thats how I view this news....

I also believe everyone and anyone in need should be helped....even an enemy....
Dont our armies provide medical and humanitarian aid to suffering soldiers of enemy nations? So the average joe should certainly have no problem doing so either!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Hmm... would have made news if someone were stoned to death..

BTW is O+ a rare group ? I felt negative is rare.

O + is the universal Donor...

O- is rare as far as I know. I could be wrong!

Villagers from Gurgaon came to the rescue of a Pakistani patient battling for his life in a city hospital. Lahore-based businessman Abdur Razzak, 38, underwent a liver transplant surgery at Medanta Medicity on Tuesday and required blood. Since Razzak’s is O+, a rare blood group, his family had a
tough time arranging it. The family then approached the nearby Jharsa village, where several villagers volunteered to donate blood for Razzak.

Doctors have said Razzak is doing fine and will be discharged soon.

Razzak was brought to India on August 28 by his two brothers.

“We were asked to arrange blood from outside as Razzak’s brothers’ blood group didn’t match. We discussed it with a few villagers who live near the hospital. Two of them agreed to donate,” said Mohammad Khalid, Razzak’s cousin.

“The doctors in Pakistan had referred us here and after talking to doctors we came to Gurgaon. Since matching of blood group was important, we started looking for donors. At the hospital canteen, we met Malwinder Singh whose father was admitted in the hospital. When we shared our problem with him, he sent seven of his friends from nearby areas to donate blood,” said Mohammad Ashfaq, Razzak’s brother. Singh also helped arrange 10 more donors for Razzak.

In all, Razaak’s family managed to get 19 donors who helped save his life.

“We don’t know the people who donated the blood for my brother but we will always remember them. We used to go to Jharsa village to buy vegetables and there we met these people who later agreed to donate blood,” Ashfaq said.

“We were skeptical about coming to India but it has become like a second home to us. The treatment we got from people can never be forgotten. Everyone was ready to help us, irrespective of their religion. This is an example of how the gap between India and Pakistan can be bridged,” he added.

“The patient had come to us with a terminal liver disease. He needed an urgent liver transplant and blood donors. The villagers donated blood to save Razzak’s life,” said Dr A.S. Soin, chief liver transplant and hepatobiliary surgeon.
medanta.jpg

Pak man gets gift of life with Indian blood - Hindustan Times

1) O+ is the most common blood type in the world (I'm O+)
2) no is unhappy that this man's was saved
3) this article is bullsh!t given it panders to the Indian readers who want to feel morally superior to Pakistani. As in, "oh look how nice we are to them and how ungrateful they are as a people"

@third eye.. you are right... O+ is the most common blood group in India (37%), whereas O- is about 2%. The most rare is AB- which is around 0.2%

Anyways... I am happy that someone's life was saved... India is rapidly becoming a major player in global medical industry and continue to provide the world class care at an affordable price to the people all around the world.

O + is the universal Donor...

O- is rare as far as I know. I could be wrong!

Other way around O neg is universal donor. the + or - stands for rh factor, a clotting factor that you either have (+) or don't have (-) so someone that doesn't have it (-) can donate to people who are both + and -

@third eye.. you are right... O+ is the most common blood group in India (37%), whereas O- is about 2%. The most rare is AB- which is around 0.2%

Anyways... I am happy that someone's life was saved... India is rapidly becoming a major player in global medical industry and continue to provide the world class care at an affordable price to the people all around the world.

I recently saw a news piece about very large surgical hospitals in Bangalore where because they are so big, they can do surgery at a fraction of the cost and almost as good a safety % as western hospitals. China desperately needs something like this.

1) O+ is the most common blood type in the world (I'm O+)
2) no is unhappy that this man's was saved
3) this article is bullsh!t given it panders to the Indian readers who want to feel morally superior to Pakistani. As in, "oh look how nice we are to them and how ungrateful they are as a people"

Correct,only the bolded part is the one,to which i agree.

Responses such as one by Areesh in this thread is a living proof.

And another reason was to show that..
Pakistanis believe India is inhuman and immoral just to fade that a bit i posted this news,its not to show the "superiority" etc. but rather it is to show that Indians are generous,which is proven by the fact,when people come to donate blood to save a person from an "enemy state".

Correct,only the bolded part is the one,to which i agree.

Responses such as one by Areesh in this thread is a living proof.

And another reason was to show that..
Pakistanis believe India is inhuman and immoral just to fade that a bit i posted this news,its not to show the "superiority" etc. but rather it is to show that Indians are generous,which is proven by the fact,when people come to donate blood to save a person from an "enemy state".

Then you're just a bigot.

Back
Top Bottom