What's new

Pakistani JF-17 to start mid-air refuelling by end of summer

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has successfully completed ground tests on mid-air refuelling probes fitted to its Chengdu Aerospace Corporation/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft and expects to carry out the first mid-air refuelling by the end of the summer, the service's chief has told IHS Jane's .

Air Chief Marshall Tahir Rafique Butt said in a 6 June interview at the PAF's headquarters in Islamabad that the addition of the refuelling capability to the JF-17 will improve prospects for international sales of the aircraft, which is jointly produced by China and Pakistan. "The ground tests have been very successful.

Pakistani JF-17 to start mid-air refuelling by end of summer - IHS Jane's 360

Get block II and III out before trying to sell the plane. The world isn't interested in buying the block I, they want to see block II and III before buying them.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has successfully completed ground tests on mid-air refuelling probes fitted to its Chengdu Aerospace Corporation/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft and expects to carry out the first mid-air refuelling by the end of the summer, the service's chief has told IHS Jane's .

Air Chief Marshall Tahir Rafique Butt said in a 6 June interview at the PAF's headquarters in Islamabad that the addition of the refuelling capability to the JF-17 will improve prospects for international sales of the aircraft, which is jointly produced by China and Pakistan. "The ground tests have been very successful.

Pakistani JF-17 to start mid-air refuelling by end of summer - IHS Jane's 360

already posted in JFT-5 thread

Get block II and III out before trying to sell the plane. The world isn't interested in buying the block I, they want to see block II and III before buying them.

Fighters are improved through out their life service and better and improved versions are introduced. There is always room for improvement and older versions can be upgraded and improved with latest gadgets available later.

If we go by your logic then no one should have bought F-16 block 15 and should have waited for block 60.

well mid air refueling capability would certainly add to its selling points! I hope we get some customers for this jet sooner to keep the program running!

Does anyone know about J-11's Pak ordered for?

Fighters are improved through out their life service and better and improved versions are introduced. There is always room for improvement and older versions can be upgraded and improved with latest gadgets available later.

If we go by your logic then no one should have bought F-16 block 15 and should have waited for block 60.

No, that's not my logic at all. No one is interested in the JF-17 simply because it's not worth buying right now. Nations and militaries want to see what the block II and III can do, before committing.

Why would anyone buy a JF-17 block I, when they can get a second hand F-16 on the market for a bargain price? Think about it. The JF-17 has to mature before anyone is going to consider it, and a part of that is improving it in later blocks.

well mid air refueling capability would certainly add to its selling points! I hope we get some customers for this jet sooner to keep the program running!

Does anyone know about J-11's Pak ordered for?

No J-11s for Pakistan, but Pakistan is buying the J-10B. The Chinese just need to get an engine that is reliable enough for export, and Pakistan will receive the J-10 when that happens. The timeframe is supposed to be 2014-15 for the sale and initial delivery, but this could be postponed with the way the Pakistani economy is.

lol Plane like JF17 who not even front line fighter got Air-refueling technology?

As far as common sense front line fighter have capability to strike penetrate inside enemy territory. What about this JF17 Aircraft, is this machine capable to strike inside enemy territory?

well for a plane that is supposed to form of the PAF IFR capability is really important, kudos to PAC if true, but as That Guy said BlockII n IIIreally needed soon to attract interest from export customers

lol Plane like JF17 who not even front line fighter got Air-refueling technology?

As far as common sense front line fighter have capability to strike penetrate inside enemy territory. What about this JF17 Aircraft, is this machine capable to strike inside enemy territory?

Theoretically as long as it has the range it has the capability to conduct deep strike anywhere, India, Afghanistan, Iran, or any perceived threat. imo it's a good development!

LOL.. The Top speed was indeed 1.8 during the previous years. The increase in weight reduced the Top speed again.
Same website but different page:
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex....

Uncanny attitude of PAF is they only trumpet positive news which was picked up by everyone. But then the speed fell down to Mach 1.6 again they didn't even let out a whimper.

Since its only natural that in the course of development the weight will increase, the increase in weight when time passes by is an indication of updated specs. When the weight increased, the speed dipped and the G-rating came from 8.5Gs to 8Gs.

The Presentation and the Turkey Arishow in 2011 still show the old weighs from back in 2007.

LOL....wrong analogy kiddo ... give up! this beating about the bush will lead you no where

The Top speed was indeed 1.8 during the previous years. The increase in weight reduced the Top speed again.

well,this screen shot speaks for itself

from 2007:- top speed 1.6 mach with empty weight 6411 KG -- proving exactly what i said -- the top speed never changed in PAC's website --rather remained at 1.6 mach -- and this shatters your whole concept about what happened -- this and that --!!!

1173840_1409304339283134_1633455562_n.jpg

now since this creats confusion for you! that one page says 1.6 and other says 1.8 -- simply why not take the specs from the latest sources -- 5 sources confirming that!

now kindly buzz off,i have presented 5 solid proofs to you!!! stop suffering from denial -- or you know what? i don't give a damn **** -- infact no one does of those who have gone through JFT info pool thread!

LOL....wrong analogy kiddo ... give up! this beating about the bush will lead you no where

well,this screen shot speaks for itself

from 2007:- top speed 1.6 mach with empty weight 6411 KG -- proving exactly what i said -- the top speed never changed in PAC's website --rather remained at 1.6 mach -- and this shatters your whole concept about what happened -- this and that --!!!

1173840_1409304339283134_1633455562_n.jpg

now since this creats confusion for you! that one page says 1.6 and other says 1.8 -- simply why not take the specs from the latest sources -- 5 sources confirming that!

now kindly buzz off,i have presented 5 solid proofs to you!!! stop suffering from denial -- or you know what? i don't give a damn **** -- infact no one does of those who have gone through JFT info pool thread!

Actually JFT's top speed is and was always 1.8. The specs shown in Kamra and JF official website r of PT02 i think and the production model for a/c is PT04 who had different specs and was with DSI and LIREX!!!!

Sadly the specs including in wikipedia r of PT02 not of production model and so is in Kamra website who has not been updated since 2007:hitwall: And JFT's official website is made by some fanboy who has just copy pasted the kamra specs.

The reliable sources for JFT specs r Chinese official and Air Show specs as there the Kamra people r forced to show the exact specs because of commercial interests and selling of this A/C.
@Oscar knows better!

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure what you mean by front line fighter? The F-20 which was never even produced had air to air refuelling tested and ready for it. The same goes for a multitude of fighters. What is a front line fighter?
The JF-17 is going to be the mainstay, it is not your BMW S1000RR, its a Honda CBR.. its designed to be affordable and do it all. Sure you cant expect it to do a quarter mile as fast, but you can still take it for a spin and race well. So,it is very much going to be frontline..and before it gets there, it is better to have it A2A Refuelling ready.

Actually JFT's top speed is and was always 1.8. The specs shown in Kamra and JF official website r of PT02 i think and the production model for a/c is PT04 who had different specs and was with DSI and LIREX!!!!

Sadly the specs including in wikipedia r of PT02 not of production model and so is in Kamra website who has not been updated since 2007:hitwall: And JFT's official website is made by some fanboy who has just copy pasted the kamra specs.

The reliable sources for JFT specs r Chinese official and Air Show specs as there the Kamra people r forced to show the exact specs because of commercial interests and selling of this A/C.
@Oscar knows better!

exactly i had presented 5 proofs to this guy su-11 -- proving the specs 1.8 mach and 6411 KG -- but he presents this analogy

The Top speed was indeed 1.8 during the previous years. The increase in weight reduced the Top speed again The Presentation and the Turkey Arishow in 2011 still show the old weighs from back in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom