What's new

Pakistani , a nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always said the only time Pakistanis unite is for cricket. Everyone else holds their ethnicity, religion and language higher then Pakistan.

I embrace these differences. It makes me feel awesome that I can meet so many people in my country.

Yes i am follower of fakhr-e-afghan bacha khan and supporter of ANP....
For you it may be non-sense but remember you cant a build pakistani nation by suppressing natural identities which are pashtun, baloch, sindhi etc. We tried to suppress bengali identity with urdu culture and you know what happened. Bengalis were most active in pakistan movement and they were not lesser muslims than you still they opted for separate country as they did'nt tolerate your mocking of their langauge, culture, food, dress, music etc. I am in favour of living in harmony with other nations of pakistan and i believe in co-existance , not in "kichidi". Lekin izat-e-nafas aur khud mukhtari ke saath.

Bacha Khan follower?

Really man? I thought you were better than this?

The main reason behind such questions is failular(1971 and todays Muslims killing Muslims senario in Pakistan) of two nation theory which was base of creation of Pakistan. If the fundamental is wrong then still the purpose behind Pakistan creation still matters? Thats the million dollar question.Believe me I am not trolling. But I am looking for some authentic answers. Waiting. My question is what is reason of Pakistan's existence if two nation theory is a failular.

I am not talking about pashtun migrants of punjab and karachi. By IDP i specifically means internaly displaced persons due to pak army operations in swat , bajaur etc. Outside KP no one welcomed them, with the fear that many of them would be talibans.
Its just an im-moral excuse mate, majority of Swat IDP's decided to stay in neighbouring mardan, and many of them had directed to southern area too. The basic moral of operation was to clean terrorists from swat and make it peaceful place so IDP's can return to their homes. which is successfully achieved. No one is perfect in this world we tried our best. They were not permenant IDP's so why to direct them too far when they have to return to thier homes?

A nation is defined as
" A large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory"
Now pakistani as nation doesnt fit into above defination. But if i take pashtun as a nation then it satisfies the defination of a nation. Dont you people think that pakistan should be considered federation of nations?
Yes we are federation of nations not one nation. I agree with u

the refugees have right to be in pak , as pak is the cause of this instability

O dear - really poor trolling to say the least. I dont want to give you a breakdown the history but you really must check up on the history in the region before posting on here and making yourself look "super daft".
Afghanistan were systematically abused in the last 30 years with invasions from USSR and then by the USA. When the USSR were trying to conquer the region - the USA and with the assistance of Saudi Arabia created the monster the "Taliban" - then when the monster got out of control - you blame Pakistan? Grow up and smell the coffee.
Pakistan has as a nation accommodated and sacrificed so much in the causes relating to the "Afghanistan story".
BTW I know you are obsessed but why the heck do you want to relate this thread to the relationship you have with Iraq or China? - Thats way off topic so please stick to the thread and staying on topic.

Monkey my gunman is a Pashtun born in Punjab in a small village. All his village are Pashtuns and they speak Pashtu.Your theory of desified Pashtuns hold no weight.
Wow you keep bodygaurds. What for?
Desification is a slow process, it would consume pashtun slowly and gradually and would turn them into "naam k pathan". In my opinion an ethnicity is defined by langauge. But I am no authority to decide whether desification is good or bad...
But also remember that Pakistan is not going to last forever, Borders are never permenant. Ottoman empire is gone, turks are still there. Pakistan may or may not exist in future, But pashtuns would. So i consider that pashtun very "ahmaq" who give up his thousands year old identity for 6 decade old "nation".

Desification is a slow process, it would consume pashtun slowly and gradually and would turn them into "naam k pathan". In my opinion an ethnicity is defined by langauge. But I am no authority to decide whether desification is good or bad...
But also remember that Pakistan is not going to last forever, Borders are never permenant. Ottoman empire is gone, turks are still there. Pakistan may or may not exist in future, But pashtuns would. So i consider that pashtun very "ahmaq" who give up his thousands year old identity for 6 decade old "nation".
Similarly as ikarus said Pushtun isn't similair as it was around thousand year Back. Nothing is perminant in this world, everything have to disappear one day.

I cannot answer your first question.

And there is no such thing as desification. Even the Pashtuns of FATA watch bollywood films. There goes your one nation one race theory out of the window.

If Pakistan ceases to exist, the Pashtuns, Baluch, Punjabis, and Sindhis will still be there. And they will continue to interact with one another.

Parsi people are also Iranic like Pushtun,Tajik. and they live in Indian society with their identity preserved and they assimilated well with the Indian culture. same with Pathan caste Muslims or Shias in India. Your identity will not be taken by being "Desi". however, I don't know the situation in Pakistan. I hope different ethnicity can co-exist and it is a good aspect.

Anybody who is for really worthy discussion and not trolling. Pls refer my earlier post

The main reason behind such questions is failular(1971 and todays Muslims killing Muslims senario in Pakistan) of two nation theory which was base of creation of Pakistan. If the fundamental is wrong then still the purpose behind Pakistan creation still matters? Thats the million dollar question.Believe me I am not trolling. But I am looking for some authentic answers. Waiting. My question is what is reason of Pakistan's existence if two nation theory is a failular.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren.../186899-pakistani-nation-8.html#ixzz1xgXF49Ks

Similarly as ikarus said Pushtun isn't similair as it was around thousand year Back. Nothing is perminant in this world, everything have to disappear one day.

Natural evolution of a nation is fine. Every nation adopts itself to changes in the world and absorbs many influences. But in case of pashtuns, after 1947, two pashtuns are changing in different directions. Especially pakistani pashtuns are systematically modified according to mainstream desi culture, at a unprecedant pace. If indo-pak border is dewar-e-brehman then durand line is dewar-e-berlin.

Also @ monkey.

Here is my two cents for you.

Stop visiting the tableeqs, and stop visiting the Afghan websites.

These two things will corrupt you.

Natural evolution of a nation is fine. Every nation adopts itself to changes in the world and absorbs many influences. But in case of pashtuns, after 1947, two pashtuns are changing in different directions. Especially pakistani pashtuns are systematically modified according to mainstream desi culture, at a unprecedant pace. If indo-pak border is dewar-e-brehman then durand line is dewar-e-berlin.

And the Afghan Pashtuns are being Persianized by the Tajiks.

Pakistani Pashtuns wanted to protect the Pashtuns of Afghanistan because Northern Alliance War Lords wanted to eliminate them since they are in the majority.

The Biharinization of Pakistan that had started right after the creation of Pakistan is in full swing now and slowly Pakistan is becoming a big Bihar or UP. Every possible step has been taken to make sure that the local people forget their age old history, folk tales, heroes, history, culture and languages. Even in the land of five rivers the Ganges flows backwards now. I understand your concern, but you should also understand that only you can save your mother tongue, history and culture from being forgotten. The first thing you need to save from extinction should be your language, you cease to be Pashtun the day you stop speaking Pashto.

islamic concept of nationhood is on the basis of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom