What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

Even my Grand Ma could have bowled better than him. The first over was ok to try him out, the second was treason when he had pathan in the wings. Well Dhoni is learning a good lesson. Arrogance does not pay.

In the hindsight

Y Singh not bowling the second over
Jadeje not batting at all

Would have won India the match.

Regards

But I am happy :wave: Bye Bye India. well played but it was our day.

:cheers:

and thats the only thing which matters now:tup:

Pakistan reported for ball tampering?

Monday, June 15, 2009
By From our correspondent

LONDON: Three years becoming the first team in world cricket to forfeit a Test after being accused of ball-tampering, Pakistan are once again at the centre of a brewing controversy.

'The News' learnt here on Sunday that New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori was unhappy with the state of the ball as Pakistan pacer Umar Gul took 5-6 in three overs to lead his side to an emphatic six-wicket triumph in an ICC World Twenty20 Super Eights match here at the Oval on Saturday.

According to sources, after the game Vettori filed a complaint with the ICC match referee Ranjan Madugalle, requesting him to begin an inquiry. The Kiwi skipper was suspicious of some wrong doing as Umar Gul was able to attain ample reverse-swing from the ball to floor New Zealand.

However, sources said that the match referee has turned down the New Zealand request.

Madugalle, according to the sources, made it clear that there was no evidence that Pakistani players tampered with the ball during the match. He pointed towards the fact that even in the presence of numerous cameras, there was no TV footage that could back

suspicion that Pakistan may have tampered with the ball as they bowled against New Zealand.

It was also at The Oval that Pakistan were accused of ball tampering by field umpires Darrell Hair and Billy Doctrove during their fourth Test against England in the summer of 2006. Pakistan refused to take the field after tea on the fourth day to protest against the umpires' decision to penalise them for alleged ball-tampering.

The umpires awarded the Test to England. An ICC inquiry later cleared Pakistan of ball-tampering charges.

this is really annoyin... this is not for the first time but has happened many times before. saeed ajmal was reported few weeks back coz he was too hot for australians to handle. and now this
such acts will really effect Gul's confidence and that is the last thing we want tomorrow

indian team's misfortune was that sehwag wasn't there...the opening slot of sehwag/gambhir shouldn't be *****d around with!

I believe Jedeja and Dhoni slow paced innings let india to defeat....anyway winning and losing is part of game and i still believe india gonna beat south africa in the last match!..My friend is on southafrica side and my bet is on India so lets hope they win otherwise i would be losing 1000 rs..:lol:

Well regards that ball tampering thing..it has only been reported in the NEWS and no where else so I dunno if it is credible.

Congratulation to England for deceive win and knock Indian out from competition. Excellent performance.:tup:

Irfan an ojha are out today.....england batting first

Irfan an ojha are imp players, in my opinion taking out against England was a wrong descion by Dhoni.

And the second wrong descion of Dhoni was to bowl first after winning toss.

Last edited:
We are surely gonna win....a score over 170 was reqd for a good fight....btw,another wicket,bhajji does it....

170 is a winning total man.
150 was fighting onw, that India already lost
Super 8 looks to me different then league games

We are elminated,ok.....but by the british,is unacceptable.....well leo,i wd always support a subcontinental team......SL or pak,i wd be happy if any one of them wins,but SL,are really looking great...

I think SL or SA might win this cup. Both of them are looking very dangerous.

BTW I have an offer to eat late chicken dinner in a Friends house ( Pakistani origin) to celebrate our victory. It seems that we have more supporters against India :woot:than I thought.

Regards

Yes exactly like Srilanka had Indian supporters the day b4 in match against Pakistan.

Go England Go.....U beat them out!!!!!! :victory:

Jadeja fucked the match for real....and what was mr captain doing?? Bhajji also cd have slammed a few.....it was hard to sach in the stands today

Any ways, India is out.

I am happy that proud teams are gone out like Australia and India.

Oh dont you wory . The Windies will definately knock them out tomorrow. But i still cant believe that India is out of the T20 world cup.
Englund is not a good team but they surely played well against both the Subcontinent's top Teams.

India is out believe me :cheesy:

Well, tell u one thing Mr Mushi (Mushtaq Ahmad) these days helping English men how to play doggy spinners. He spends most of the time with English players in NETS. That also caused defeat to Pakistan and India, other then the good performance of English team.

Last edited:
T20 is so unpredictable that even Pakistan might get knocked out by Ireland tomorrow.The Irish scared the Lankans today.

You can't tell West Indies will knock the English out.they have some quality players and certainly proved their worth today.

Agree, Pakistan should not take the game easy.

Monday, June 15, 2009
By From our correspondent

LONDON: Three years becoming the first team in world cricket to forfeit a Test after being accused of ball-tampering, Pakistan are once again at the centre of a brewing controversy.

'The News' learnt here on Sunday that New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori was unhappy with the state of the ball as Pakistan pacer Umar Gul took 5-6 in three overs to lead his side to an emphatic six-wicket triumph in an ICC World Twenty20 Super Eights match here at the Oval on Saturday.

According to sources, after the game Vettori filed a complaint with the ICC match referee Ranjan Madugalle, requesting him to begin an inquiry. The Kiwi skipper was suspicious of some wrong doing as Umar Gul was able to attain ample reverse-swing from the ball to floor New Zealand.

However, sources said that the match referee has turned down the New Zealand request.

Madugalle, according to the sources, made it clear that there was no evidence that Pakistani players tampered with the ball during the match. He pointed towards the fact that even in the presence of numerous cameras, there was no TV footage that could back

suspicion that Pakistan may have tampered with the ball as they bowled against New Zealand.

It was also at The Oval that Pakistan were accused of ball tampering by field umpires Darrell Hair and Billy Doctrove during their fourth Test against England in the summer of 2006. Pakistan refused to take the field after tea on the fourth day to protest against the umpires' decision to penalise them for alleged ball-tampering.

The umpires awarded the Test to England. An ICC inquiry later cleared Pakistan of ball-tampering charges.

this is really annoyin... this is not for the first time but has happened many times before. saeed ajmal was reported few weeks back coz he was too hot for australians to handle. and now this
such acts will really effect Gul's confidence and that is the last thing we want tomorrow

These are old tactics of Newzeland, Australian and English team against Asian teams.
When they lose they cry and blame Asian team for ball tampering or cry that the bowler action was illegal.

They cant digest skills of Asian fast bowlers (Asif, Gull, Shabir Ahmad, Shoaib, Waseem, Waqar, Pathan, Zoysa) and spinners (Murli, Sqlain ,Saeed Ajmal, Mushi, Harbhajan singh, Kumblay etc).

Good thing was that the match referee has turned down the New Zealand request.

Last edited:
sounds like sour grapes to me - obviously being skittled out for 99 is quite embarrasing for D/Vittori and Co!

Back
Top Bottom