What's new

Pakistan: Parliament makes history, completes term

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

Thank you. Now please just try and provide the Nominal GDP and Nominal GDP Per Capita figures for Pakistan, Vietnam and Bangladesh for the time period between 2008-2013.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

as i said bangladesh is developing fast, at 5% where does pakistan stand, 2.5?

as i stand we used to be a lot better then bangladesh(came into being on 1971 vietnaam got independence in 1980s) and vietnaam but even these countries are gaining on pakistan now thanks to PPP :pakistan:

Congrats boys. Every 1000 mile journey starts with a single step. I think you will later recognize this as one of the most important steps you have ever taken.

Alhamdu'lillah that you're family members are not suffering from hunger in Pakistan and have not died in Pakistan due to hunger.

Hey, has anyone else's family members and relatives begging on the streets of Pakistan and/or have died in Pakistan due to hunger?

dun u live in Pak? dun u know abt poor ppl n their condition?

y r u askin silly questions?:hitwall:

Bro honestly speaking I fear Imran Khan will leave empty-handed due to massive rigging. He is a good politician no doubt but this corrupt system is only for the looters.

'Democratically elected government' ?? :disagree: The previous elections were nothing but fraud. I am not able to share links yet. Plz google 'Voter fraud: 65% of votes in Balochistan were bogus' and see for yourself how 'democratically' elections were conducted.

Ok but we can put our part in it,if it doesnt work,doesnt matter....

btw y everyone is callin me a bro:what:

as i said bangladesh is developing fast, at 5% where does pakistan stand, 2.5?

as i stand we used to be a lot better then bangladesh(came into being on 1971 vietnaam got independence in 1980s) and vietnaam but even these countries are gaining on pakistan now thanks to PPP :pakistan:

Again, you try to dodge the real questions. If Bangladesh grows at 5% for the next decade and Pakistan grows at only 2%, it'll still probably have a much smaller Nominal GDP compared to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Fortunately, a nation which is at war, Pakistan's GDP still grew at 3.7% for the financial year 2011-2012. It is also expected to be around the same because at the moment, all the news is of a very healthy increase in most of the Pakistan's economic sectors.

Again, Pakistan's Nominal GDP for 2011-2012 stood at $231 Billion and Bangladesh's at $119 Billion. I don't think even the most optimistic Bangladesh economists are predicting their GDP to grow by $112 Billion in the next 5 years, so I don't why you keep pulling these figures out of the air.

Here you my brother, recommending further healthy reading:
List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Salaam to all the Muslims

Again, you try to dodge the real questions. If Bangladesh grows at 5% for the next decade and Pakistan grows at only 2%, it'll still probably have a much smaller Nominal GDP compared to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Fortunately, a nation which is at war, Pakistan's GDP still grew at 3.7% for the financial year 2011.2012. It is also expected to be around the same because at the moment, all the news is of a very healthy increase in most of the Pakistan's economic sectors.

Again, Pakistan's Nominal GDP for 2011-2012 stood at $231 Billion and Bangladesh's at $119 Billion. I don't think even the most optimistic Bangladesh economists are predicting their GDP to grow by $112 Billion in the next 5 years, so I don't why you keep pulling these figures out of the air.

Here you my brother, recommending further healthy reading:
List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

did bangladesh took any loan, and did bangla currency devalued :)

also if you look at the table, vietnaam will overtake pakistan in 2020 :) in which pakistan GDP will be 209 US billion dollars, vietnaam will have 273 billion US dollars

These estimates have been made in the year 2006 by the Goldman Sachs Bank.
:agree:

Who is expected to win in PAK's next elections? Saw al zazerra today and one analyst was saying that there is doubt whether IK can turn his fan base into vote bank while Nawaz sharif may bank on the support in punjab which has 62 % of the electorate.
SO who do U think will win and how strong R the small religious parties @Armstrong @DRaisinHerald @UmarJustice @Areesh?

Last edited by a moderator:
The following table is an estimate for largest 20 economies in 2050 made by PricewaterhouseCoopers on January 2011(i guess previously pakistan was atlest in top 20 considering pak was in N11)
Gross domestic product (nominal at market exchange rates) [2050] (in 2009 US$ billions)

veitnaam at number 18 :agree:

PHP:
N°	Country	2050	2009
1	 China	51180	4909
2	 United States	37876	14256
3	 India	31313	1296
4	 Brazil	9235	1572
5	 Japan	7664	5068
6	 Russia	6112	1231
7	 Mexico	5800	875
8	 Germany	5707	3347
9	 United Kingdom	5628	2175
10	 Indonesia	5358	540
11	 France	5344	2649
12	 Turkey	4659	617
13	 Italy	3798	2113
14	 Nigeria	3795	168
15	 Canada	3322	1336
16	 Spain	3195	1460
17	 South Korea	2914	833
18	 Vietnam	2892	93
19	 Saudi Arabia	2708	369
20	 Australia	2486	925

Democracy wins a round
Sunday, March 17, 2013

By Farooq Awan

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan People’s Party-led federal government on Saturday completed its full term in office, in a significant first by a democratically elected government in the history of the nation.

A ‘deadlock’ between government and the opposition on the appointment of caretaker prime minister persisted as Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs notified dissolution of the 13th National Assembly on completion of its five-year constitutional term midnight Saturday.

“In pursuance of Article 52 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the National Assembly stands dissolved on the expiration of its term of five years on the 16th day of March 2013,” the notification said.

The 13th National Assembly of Pakistan was sworn in on March 17, 2008.

The around 70-member cabinet ceased to exist as soon the assembly was dissolved. However, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will remain in office for a few days until the appointment of an interim prime minister.

The matter of appointment of the head of caretaker government was likely to be referred to an eight-member government-opposition joint parliamentary committee after Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and Leader of Opposition in National Assembly Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, so far, failed to choose from among the names proposed by both the leaders.

The government has already nominated Farooq H Naek and Khursheed Shah from PPP, Ghulam Ahmed Bilour from ANP and Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain from PML-Q to sit in the committee. The opposition PML-N is also likely to announce its names for the committee by today. Both prime minister and the opposition leader will send their proposed names for the slot of caretaker prime minister as well as the parliamentary committee to the National Assembly speaker if they failed to reach consensus. The speaker will constitute the committee which would have three days to finalise a name from among the proposed ones, failing which the matter will be sent to Election Commission of Pakistan to unilaterally announce head of the interim government within two days.

The nomination of interim prime minister can’t be delayed beyond March 24 – with March 19 deadline for the prime minister and the opposition leader to agree on a name; March 22 for the parliamentary committee to announce its decision; and March 24 for the election commission to eventually install a caretaker head.

The election commission has recommended polling on May 8, 9 or 10, but President Asif Zardari is yet to announce a date for the elections.

The outgoing National Assembly has witnessed many a first in the country’s turbulent history.
It is the first-ever democratically elected National Assembly that has completed its full five-year tenure, paving the way for a democratic handover of power to next elected government. The assembly completed Golden Jubilee of sessions by meeting 50 times during the last five years and remained in session for record 665 days. The House passed 134 bills and around 85 resolutions during its tenure. It was also the first assembly to elect a woman speaker. President Asif Zardari delivered five annual addresses to the joint sittings of parliament. For the first time in the history of Pakistan, military leadership gave briefings to the civilian parliamentary leadership and took it into confidence on important strategic issues.

Though President Zardari’s wheeler-dealer ability to keep the ruling coalition intact; General Kiyani’s determination to keep military away from politics and opposition’s unwillingness to force early elections helped democracy prevail in Pakistan, huge challenges of a deteriorating security, a worsening economy and a simmering Balochistan await the next elected dispensation.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Shame on all those who tried their utmost best to create so much Fitna in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for the last 5 years.

I love my country and I salute the Mujahideen of Pakistan Armed Forces for protecting the rights and freedom of the people. Pakistan Zindabad.

PakistanFlag.jpg

did bangladesh took any loan, and did bangla currency devalued :)

also if you look at the table, vietnaam will overtake pakistan in 2020 :) in which pakistan GDP will be 209 US billion dollars, vietnaam will have 273 billion US dollars

:agree:

The following table is an estimate for largest 20 economies in 2050 made by PricewaterhouseCoopers on January 2011(i guess previously pakistan was atlest in top 20 considering pak was in N11)
Gross domestic product (nominal at market exchange rates) [2050] (in 2009 US$ billions)

veitnaam at number 18 :agree:

PHP:
N°	Country	2050	2009
1	 China	51180	4909
2	 United States	37876	14256
3	 India	31313	1296
4	 Brazil	9235	1572
5	 Japan	7664	5068
6	 Russia	6112	1231
7	 Mexico	5800	875
8	 Germany	5707	3347
9	 United Kingdom	5628	2175
10	 Indonesia	5358	540
11	 France	5344	2649
12	 Turkey	4659	617
13	 Italy	3798	2113
14	 Nigeria	3795	168
15	 Canada	3322	1336
16	 Spain	3195	1460
17	 South Korea	2914	833
18	 Vietnam	2892	93
19	 Saudi Arabia	2708	369
20	 Australia	2486	925

Those estimates were made in 2006 by Goldman Sachs where they predicted Pakistan's Nominal GDP would be only $209 Billion in 2015, however, it's already $231 Billion in 2012. I don't understand you're argument here? Please clarify.

Hasn't Goldman Sachs declared bankruptcy yet?
Goldman Sachs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So all your analysis are based on a bank which caused the biggest financial controversies between 2007-2012 in the history of the banking industry?

Those estimates were made in 2006 by Goldman Sachs where they predicted Pakistan's Nominal GDP would be only $209 Billion in 2015, however, it's already $231 Billion in 2012. I don't understand you're argument here? Please clarify.

Hasn't Goldman Sachs declared bankruptcy yet?
Goldman Sachs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So all your analysis are based on a bank which caused the biggest financial controversies between 2007-2012 in the history of the banking industry?

again its an estimate from 2006, pakistan was going up and more up till 2008 when PPP took over

in any estimate pakistan in not above vietnaam

pakistan economy grew by 2.4% at its peak where as in musharraf's time it was 8% at peak

again its an estimate from 2006, pakistan was going up and more up till 2008 when PPP took over

in any estimate pakistan in not above vietnaam

pakistan economy grew by 2.4% at its peak where as in musharraf's time it was 8% at peak

The failed bank of Goldman Sachs predicted in 2006 that Pakistan's Nominal GDP would reach only $209 Billion in 2015, however, it's already $231 Billion in 2012.

How exactly has Pakistan's Nominal GDP declined against Goldman Sachs predictions? I don't understand your argument here?

Please stop beating around the bush and give me some real Nominal GDP figures either from the official Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, the International Monetary Fund or the World Bank.

The failed bank of Goldman Sachs predicted in 2006 that Pakistan's Nominal GDP would reach only $209 Billion in 2015, however, it's already $231 Billion in 2012.

How exactly has Pakistan's Nominal GDP declined against Goldman Sachs predictions? I don't understand you're argument here?

Please stop beating around the bush and give me some real Nominal GDP figures either from the official Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, the International Monetary Fund or the World Bank.

Salaam to al the Muslims.
what about human development?

How exactly has Pakistan's Nominal GDP declined against Goldman Sachs predictions? I don't understand you're argument here?

Salaam to al the Muslims.

then post new source and ill discuss that, im just quoting your mentioned source bro :lol:

what about human development?

You have a computer don't you? An Internet Connection too? Electricity as well? Some money to buy all three? A job where you manged to earn that money?

Hey, maybe that's how you manged to log onto Pakistan Defence Forum?

Allahu Alam.

Back
Top Bottom