What's new

Pakistan losing Rice exports to India

another interesting war of food items:

Lebanon retains fatherhood of Hommos and aims at Falafel!! | Beirut Night Life:: Beirut The Only Way It Should Be, NightLife, Beirut, Lebanon, Photo Gallery, Clubs, Restaurants, Pubs, Hotels, Coffee Houses, Resorts, Music, Fashion, Beauty, Entertainm

Lebanon escalate hummus war with Israel - Telegraph

NOW as for MY FELLOW PAKISTANIS CALLING THIS CHEATING!!

it will be cheating IF the indians stole our rice & renamed them as their's and then sold them!!!

that UNFORTUNATELY IS NOT THE CASE!!! OUR CORRUPT INEPT RICE EXPORTERS JUST WANT MONEY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DON'T CARE IF THEY REBRAND IT AS SAUDI RICE!!!!!so yes its not stealing when our bloody losers happily SELL THERE RICE!! WE HAVE MANY MIR JAFFAR & MIR SADIQ's!!! you can't blame someone of being unfair when you have traitors amongst your middle!

Wat a crappy statement?.......its like we buy a AMERICAN jet and resell it claiming it to be PAKISTANI?
Thts cheating and forgery....;

Wats the proof???
And even if its true.... if he calls INDIAN veges n other curry dishes PAKISTANI then thts cheating... unlike indian thieves who sell PAKISTANI RICE AND STAMP IT AS indian.. Go educate urself before making moronic statements..

oh, u shouldnt have used that jet statement. remember when UAE was retiring those Mirage 2000s? Everyone was referring to it as UAE Mirages, not French Mirages, even though UAE were just reselling something made in France. And yeah, if tomorrow Pak sells its F-16s, they will be referred to as Pak F-16s, not american F-16s. Once its i bought, it changes its title to that of the owner.

similarly, the rice might have been planted, grown and harvested in pak, but once Indians buy it, it becomes Indian. Deal with it.

If u have such a problem with it, instead of complaining, go buy the rice from those farmers yourself, and stamp it as pakistani. Problem solved.

oh, u shouldnt have used that jet statement. remember when UAE was retiring those Mirage 2000s? Everyone was referring to it as UAE Mirages, not French Mirages, even though UAE were just reselling something made in France. And yeah, if tomorrow Pak sells its F-16s, they will be referred to as Pak F-16s, not american F-16s. Once its i bought, it changes its title to that of the owner.

similarly, the rice might have been planted, grown and harvested in pak, but once Indians buy it, it becomes Indian. Deal with it.

If u have such a problem with it, instead of complaining, go buy the rice from those farmers yourself, and stamp it as pakistani. Problem solved.

hahaha MOONHTOD jawab...

He cant accept his failure in marketing it...But who cares the farmers there are making money and it seems thats all they care. So, all this nationalist BS on internet wont change a thing.

I don't understand what the hullabaloo is all about?Get your govt.to get the necessary permissions to start exporting.Calling other countries cheaters because they buy your produce and resell it ,is ridiculous.

Great keep rice in Pakistan we have shortage of food and prices are going up extra rice will mean Pakistani citizens will have more rice to eat more biryani for local people.

I see no problem here

More supply less demand = cheaper rice prices for Pakistani public

Pakistani basmati is better than Indian ones...I have eaten both. But from what I read here some Indian basmati may be actually Pakistani basmati so what the hell did I compare?:blink:

Pakistani basmati is better than Indian ones...I have eaten both. But from what I read here some Indian basmati may be actually Pakistani basmati so what the hell did I compare?:blink:

How did you get Basmati rice branded as Pakistani,let alone compare???
Basmati rice,is exported to the middle-east countries,UK,USA and some other countries as Indian Basmati rice as the GI rests with India only.Now as the facts are coming out,some Basmati rice produced in Pakistan are branded to be Indian for selling purpose.But thats not the issue.The question is,how did you get Basmati rice branded as Pakistani on the basis of which you did you own comparison???
Only logical solution is you have tasted it in Pakistan only.Have you???

Pakistani consumers in Canada look for good quality product while Indians also look for origin of the product. Many Indian won't buy products from Pakistan. I have also heard that many importers repackage the Pakistani rice into new bags and sell it as Indian rice.

The Pakistani business owners are only interested in quick profit. Many Pakistanis wants to be distributors of foreign companies in Pakistan rather than setting up plants to manufacture the products. The Pakistani bureaucracy and corrupt politicians wants bribes from investors who want to create jobs in Pakistan. Politicians would offer their "services" to pass the industrial unit for all required permits. Some even ask for 50% share of your business while Zardari only asked for 10%.

Basmati rice has been gown in South Asia for long time. This is now trademark and cannot be used by anyone else. So all countries in South Asia that grew it has right to use the name. That includes Pakistan and India. This accepted by Indian and Pakistan governments. The case in Delhi court is about "Super Basmati" label. Why don't people have blind taste test and see whether than can distinguish between Pakistani and Indian Basmati rice.

Basmati rice,is exported to the middle-east countries,UK,USA and some other countries as Indian Basmati rice as the GI rests with India only.Now as the facts are coming out,some Basmati rice produced in Pakistan are branded to be Indian for selling purpose.But thats not the issue.The question is,how did you get Basmati rice branded as Pakistani on the basis of which you did you own comparison???
Only logical solution is you have tasted it in Pakistan only.Have you???

I have Pakistani friends..not sure where they get their stuff from but they have told me it is Pakistani basmati.But their biriyani is without doubt unbeatable.

I think you get Pakistani basmati in Canada.

^ Yes Pakistani Basmati is available in Canada, the USA and select markets. There is a considerable difference in its quality versus other ''basmatis'' from non-Pakistani sources.
If you had Pakistani Basmati and tried others, you'll know the difference right away!

As someone rightly stated, Basmati Rice was traditionally grown in Panjab since time immemorial. Notably and more specifically the Super Basmati rice is grown in the Sialkot Narowal Gujranwala and Lahore belt which lies exclusively in Pakistan. But perhaps with modern agriculture, the seeds have been grown in other parts of the world (USA-Texas, china, india etc..) But we all know, that many things can often be imitated, but never duplicated. And from experience, the same holds true of Pakistani Basmati Rice.

As you have attested to, the taste of authentic basmati rice is palpable especially when comparing it to other branded forms.

Pakistan should be more aggressive and fast track its right to have its own GI and encourage manufactures to sell more made in Pakistan brands. We are after all, a country of over 180 million people and take great pride in our various produces, but especially moreso when it comes to our food :)

Pakistani produce are rich in quality and perform quite well when competing with other brands. Connoiseurs, Chefs and high end restaurants know the difference. On a trip to New York recently when I mentioned that I was visiting from Pakistan, the chef at a western meditaranean upscale restaurant was so excited and very proud of the fact that he only ordered Pakistani basmati rice as they strongly believed it to be the best quality in the world and in line with the restaurants high end patrons. The restaurant regularly samples different produces from all over the world, and he was all raves about Pakistani foods. Infact, from what i've gathered, this is the case for several restaurant chains in North America.

Pakistani producers, exporters and manufacturers' are slowly gaining pride in their produce, and realizing the significance of having the Made in Pakistan logo imprinted on their produce. While smaller scale and small time individuals may be parcelling off their produce under the names of other countries to make a quick buck (something that goes on in almost every country; moreso in developing nations). The end result is, if you want your own business to succeed over time, doing such things actually work against you, and more and more business are realizing this. Major Rice exporters in Pakistan however are quite independent and confident in the export of their produce.

On a serious note, Pakistani's wether within the country or more importantly abroad, should actively seek out their merchandise and request stores to order Pakistani products whatever country they may be living in. Looking for products with a ''Made or Produced in Pakistan'' should be actively encouraged and is healthy for our community as more importantly, encourages the growth of our economy.

Pakistani's love their food, and we appreciate quality, and as such, knowing that Pakistani produce are often of the finest qualities, we should order from our own and encourage our own industry as well. The government, exporters, farmers and consumers should encourage the proper dissemination of their produce with appropriate labelling while maintaining the upmost packaging standards of quality. Upscale international chef's through various sample tests know that Pakistani rice produce as the best, something we've known in our hearts all along but perhaps may not have appreciated as much and may be guilty of taking it for granted. So hopefully, we will be more pro-active in this regard and safeguard our national produce.

Last edited:
All this is crap, eat Thai brown rice. Best for your health. basmati is bad for health.

Ok big guy, I want to bust your bubble. Here are the actual facts. Basmati rice actually digests slowly because of complex carbohydrates than regular rice. You can buy brown Basmati rice which is slightly nutty in flavor and has good amount of fiber.

Not all carbohydrate foods are created equal, in fact they behave quite differently in our bodies. The glycemic index or GI describes this difference by ranking carbohydrates according to their effect on our blood glucose levels. Choosing low GI carbs - the ones that produce only small fluctuations in our blood glucose and insulin levels - is the secret to long-term health, reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes, and is the key to sustainable weight loss.

Jasmine rice:
• Originally from Thailand, featured in Southeast Asian cooking
• Moist and sticky texture
• Shorter grain
• More economical
• Glycemic index: 109

Basmati rice:
• Originally from India, featured in Indian, Middle Eastern, and Persian cooking
• Dry and fluffy texture, grains don't stick together
• Longer grain
• More expensive
• Glycemic index: 58

Its well known in Norway and other europe country how Indians buy Pakistani rise and sell them as Indian. But why blame Indian ? They bhought rice from our exporters....

Basmati rice has been gown in South Asia for long time. This is now trademark and cannot be used by anyone else. So all countries in South Asia that grew it has right to use the name. That includes Pakistan and India. This accepted by Indian and Pakistan governments. The case in Delhi court is about "Super Basmati" label. Why don't people have blind taste test and see whether than can distinguish between Pakistani and Indian Basmati rice.
Actually it's only long grained rice grown in the foothills of the Himalayas. You grow the same rice anywhere else it cannot be termed as basmati. It's the same rule which applies to champagne.

Pakistani Basmati rice is ridiculously cheap as compared to Indian one. So i don't blame them. Heck I once went grocery shopping with mother, and the shopkeeper gave us a small bag of Pakistani rice free with 10 Kilo bag of Indian rice as sample. Go figure:lol:

qoya15.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom