What's new

Pakistan losing Rice exports to India

We are talking about the Pakistani grown best quality Super Kernel Basmati which the Indian thieves are claiming as their.

:tdown:

i understand your urgency in using words like stealing and thieves but explain it in a proper way.. Are these traders using rice grown in Pakistan or India... are they passing on it as Indian or Pakistani Basmati rice..

For once keep the hatred apart and lets talk normally.

What a waste of bandwidth!! I dont understand why people are feeding a troll so much. It is clear why Pakistani farmers sell it to Indians. 'Super' is indeed Pakistan's commercial variety. This is the legal opinion I found on the Business Standard.

“I cannot understand what law has been broken by notifying super as a basmati variety in India under the Exports Inspection Certification Act. India has always held that India and Pakistan jointly own the heritage of basmati. When Pakistan enjoys the right to export pusa that was originally evolved in India, why can’t India export super?” said R S Seshadri, director, Tilda Riceland Limited.
http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/pakistan-can%60t-counter-super-basmati-claim-rice-industry/250680/

This also refers to the loss Indian farmers suffer because of GoIs decision.

“I cannot understand what law has been broken by notifying super as a basmati variety in India under the Exports Inspection Certification Act. India has always held that India and Pakistan jointly own the heritage of basmati. When Pakistan enjoys the right to export pusa that was originally evolved in India, why can’t India export super?” said R S Seshadri, director, Tilda Riceland Limited.

That is his opinion. GoP and REAP do not agree. Delhi HC will decide. Let justice and the rule of law prevail. Nonetheless, it was our own fault not to get it recognized as a specific variety.

Pakistani grown best quality Super Kernel Basmati ..... Exported as Indian...

B.S article GOP should take steps.

We are talking about the Pakistani grown best quality Super Kernel Basmati which the Indian thieves are claiming as their.

Mind ur language please, Mr.Sparling way has perfectly explained about reservations in a sane manner. It looks like u do not want to see the real picture but try to blame others for ur Mistakes. If ur so worried why don't u try and make ur government do something about it rather than rant about on a online forum.

Mind ur language please, Mr.Sparling way has perfectly explained about reservations in a sane manner. It looks like u do not want to see the real picture but try to blame others for ur Mistakes. If ur so worried why don't u try and make ur government do something about it rather than rant about on a online forum.

Please don't take Jana Aunty ji seriously, she doe'snt mean badly. She's just having a 'bad hair day'. In the meantime enjoy your Biryani/Pulao and make sure its the best Basmati, whichever variety it is.:cheers:

i havent read all of the previous posts but basmati patent was won back by india n pakistan!!its a product of subcontinent..just like the neem case whose patent was given back to india n pakistan..infact not exactly a patent, right of growing n using it for medicines..

May be a little clarification is in order. The patent/s were not given back to anybody. The applicants for the patents were denied their claims. So Neem and Basmati are both back in the public domain. BTW, (after a lot of prodding) the Govt. of India successfully contested the claims. In the Neem affair i had a chance to speak to some experts (scientific and cultural/traditional) involved. A lot of research was undertaken to buttress the counterclaim. The cultural/traditional expert was a Professor of Indology and Sanskrit scholar and the size and scope of the information left me awestruck. In the first place i did'nt even imagine that so much documentation existed. Of course, now i've been reading about attempts to patent Pudina as well!!
:cheers:

:what: And Punjab is in Tambaktu right. dont give us the reason to claim products by elasticities instead of our country

hello.. there is a punjab in india just as there is a punjab in pakistan, and both are really the same physical geography

Talk doesn't cook rice
Pakistan is losing rice export market to India

By Khalid Hussain

"Coarse rice for food, water to drink, and the bended arm for a pillow -- happiness may be enjoyed even in these", said Confucius. Another Chinese philosopher Cheng Chan-Pao looked at rice from another perspective. "Cutting stalks at noon time, perspiration drips to the earth. Know you that your bowl of rice, each grain from hardship comes?" And then there is a famous Chinese proverb that echoes, "talk doesn't cook rice!"
So it seems that we are still busy in preparing only more Khayali Pulao in Pakistan!

LOL on the title. I dont think its a chinese proverb or anything. Even in HIndi , maybe also in Urdu (which is really very similar to hindi) there is a proverb called 'baaton se kichdi nahin pakti'

History of Basmati

Basmati Rice is a simple grain, yet throughout history it has been on royal menus of various cultures as the main dish. From the pilav of Turkey, polou of Persia, pilafs of the Steppes, the isotos and paellas of the Mediterranean, to the pulau of India it has been served to great sultans, maharajahs, shahs and emperors. Spices, nuts, dried fruits, vegetables and herbs are a natural for Basmati rice. Basmati rice transforms rice dishes into extraordinary meals.

Also known as the "Queen of Rice", this highly aromatic grain that is long and elegantly thin, has originated from Vasumati which means earth recognized by its fragrance. The full exposition of the word is from Hindi. Bas originating from Prakrit Vas which has a sanskrit root- Vasay connoting aroma; and mati from mayup meaning ingrained from the origin. Common usage has changed Vas to Bas while joining bas and mayup the latter changed to mati.. Thus the word Basmati originated. According to Ayurveda, Basmati, the king of all varieties of rice, is saatvic or pure, is nourishing for the body tissues and is easy to digest.

Basmati Rice has been cultivated at the foot of the Himalayan mountain ranges in India for thousands of years. The rivers Yamuna and Sutluj irrigate the Basmati paddy fields in Haryana and Punjab respectively. To obtain the correct aroma and flavor of Basmati rice, proper ageing is required to reduce its moisture content. The best quality Basmati rice comes from the old Karnal district, known as the 'rice bowl of India'. Basmati is now grown in Karnal, Panipat, Kaithal, Kurukshetra and Ambala districts of Haryana. It is also grown in Punjab, Dehradoon region of Uttranchal and Jammu region of Jammu & Kashmir.
All this is crap, eat Thai brown rice. Best for your health. basmati is bad for health.

Thieves? the Pakistani traders sell to the Indians who then sell it in Dubai. So once the Indians buy the rice, it becomes theirs. Just like the F-16s u get from USA. Once u buy them, they are yours. They become Pakistani, not american.

So in the same way, the rice becomes Indian once Indian traders get it, even though the origin is from pakistan.

This is as much cheating as pakistanis running restaurants and calling them as Indian restaurants.

good one. if indians buying pakistani rice and calling it Indian is cheating, then ofcourse, a Pakistani running an Indian restaurant is the 'epitome' of cheating! Indian govt should file a case! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thieves? the Pakistani traders sell to the Indians who then sell it in Dubai. So once the Indians buy the rice, it becomes theirs. Just like the F-16s u get from USA. Once u buy them, they are yours. They become Pakistani, not american. So in the same way, the rice becomes Indian once Indian traders get it, even though the origin is from pakistan.

Wat a crappy statement?.......its like we buy a AMERICAN jet and resell it claiming it to be PAKISTANI?
Thts cheating and forgery....;

good one. if indians buying pakistani rice and calling it Indian is cheating, then ofcourse, a Pakistani running an Indian restaurant is the 'epitome' of cheating! Indian govt should file a case! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wats the proof???
And even if its true.... if he calls INDIAN veges n other curry dishes PAKISTANI then thts cheating... unlike indian thieves who sell PAKISTANI RICE AND STAMP IT AS indian.. Go educate urself before making moronic statements..

Wat a crappy statement?.......its like we buy a AMERICAN jet and resell it claiming it to be PAKISTANI?
Thts cheating and forgery....;

Wats the proof???
And even if its true.... if he calls INDIAN veges n other curry dishes PAKISTANI then thts cheating... unlike indian thieves who sell PAKISTANI RICE AND STAMP IT AS indian.. Go educate urself before making moronic statements..
In London, I have sen with my own eyes and eaten in a Pak and another time in a bangladeshi restaurant which prominently on the board calls them selves Indian restaurant. That bangla one is in canary wharf. they say that its better for business to call indian restaurant because it represents a more generic and larger area and is easily remembered by locals. So please shut it

@Jana, @PN. Ever heard of buying agents?? Thats what they do. Thats how export business runs. Producer sells it to a buying house who has contacts with buyers. Buyers are just concerned with quality basmati rice. Dont give a damn of the location of the farm.

Why doesnt Pakistan get off its butt and establish its own buying house so that it doesnt have to sell to Indian Buying agents who sell it further.

Dont blame your inefficiencies on others.

On one side, since your producers dont have any capability to sell it direct, they are dependent on Indian agents to do that. On the other hand people like you blame India for doing exactly that. How much more lame can you get..??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom