What's new

Pakistan loses Iran’s mango market

We should do the same and ban Irani products too. Our mangoes should be patented, fck local products, because they're a product of hundreds of years of hard work in breeding them.
But this doesnt explain why japan and other countries have problems?

Patent mangoes? LOL

Iran and Indonesia don't want pakistani mangoes :woot:

Iran increased import duty on pakistani mangoes @ 250%

Indonesia incerased import duty on pakistani mangoes @ 45%

Iran even don't want pakistani kinnow as Iran increaed import duty on pak kinnow by 150 percent :P

And India is gaining from it, as Iran and Indonesia have very low import duty for Indian imports
:woot:

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...-rates-mango-hurts-exports.html#ixzz1yGCSTF7m

good..
Tons of mango shake this summer for pakistanis.
Brw we in uk are still waiting for pakistani langra mango...so there is market available.

Pakistan: Export of mangoes to US still facing hurdles
Pakistan has been working for a long time to tap into American market with its high quality mangoes.

The conditions and requirements set for Pakistani mango exports to US have made it a costly matter, said member Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI) Ahmad Jawad.

He said till date mango buyers in the US were concerned about the financial feasibility of selling Pakistani mangoes, because of high prices, they may not be able to clinch much of a market except the niche die-hard Pakistani mango fans.

He said the shipping and handling costs come to around $22 for a two kg carton unless they are given more options for shipping and irradiation destinations to bring down costs and facilitate importers to the US.
pakistan.jpg

He said US authorities have designated only one airport, Chicago for Pakistani mangoes from there, the imported fruit would be shipped to a facility in Iowa for irradiation treatment to destroy bacteria and insects and there was also designated one company for said purpose. Despite the availability of local irradiation companies, Pakistani exporters have to accept this condition, he said.

Jawad said till date no progress further how to facilitate this process, adding, ”I think we may remove this market from our minds in mango case. The US mango lovers who are waiting the Pakistani mangoes from the last many years, once again they are facing disappointment this year too”.

Why USAID only focus Europe and the Middle East and helped mango growers for arranging shipments, he added.

A New York Congressman Tom Reed has questioned the decision of the Obama administration on spending $30 million on mango farmers of Pakistan helping them export mango to the US and terming it egregious and wasteful government spending as reported by The Indian Express, he quoted.

Quoting Reed, he said, “While domestic fruit farmers struggle to get by, we aid Pakistani farmers.” adding the $30 million is part of a $90 million programme funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).Our national debt stands at more than $15,300,000,000,000,” said Reed
The biggest hurdle in exports to US and Japan is the non-availability of irradiation facility in Pakistan.

We have both of them best in the world :P
What a joke, the only mangoe exported by india is alphonso, and i've seen it, it's doesnt even have the sweet fragrance of any Pakistani magoe you ca smell from a mile away. Also it's very tasteless, and you couldnt even dream of making a shake out of it without tons of SUGAR, and it'll still be tasteless
You're prejudiced, that's it

Patent mangoes? LOL
If you're a poor farmer whose ancestors bred the finest mangoes in the world, and to see them stolen you'd feel the same way

What a joke, the only mangoe exported by india is alphonso, and i've seen it, it's doesnt even have the sweet fragrance of any Pakistani magoe you ca smell from a mile away. Also it's very tasteless, and you couldnt even dream of making a shake out of it without tons of SUGAR, and it'll still be tasteless
You're prejudiced, that's it

If you're a poor farmer whose ancestors bred the finest mangoes in the world, and to see them stolen you'd feel the same way
There are so many other mangoes which are sweeter or have more flavour than alphonso in India.
Even I dont know why alphonso is so expensive in India. My region does not grow it.
I think only maharastra does.
May be some people like lighter sweet taste or the texture.

Once I visited mango market/fair in hyderabad where you can sample more than 100 varieties of mango(different size/taste/color). It was amazing.

oh chotay motay masle hotay rahte hain

I am sure our total export orders will be higher than last year's

We have located new countries to export our mangoes... USA and Holland being two of the recent ones if I am not wrong

oh chotay motay masle hotay rahte hain

I am sure our total export orders will be higher than last year's

We have located new countries to export our mangoes... USA and Holland being two of the recent ones if I am not wrong
the news says usa is also giving trouble
Plus, indian marketing is :P

Problem is there are no restrictions on food under the sanctions, heck even the yanks are selling food to Iran

Sounds like some one in Mango marketing screwed up lost the market and now wants some one to blame

But we are already giving Fertilizers for free to Pakistan :what:

who is "we" :laugh:

you mean PAK Saudi Fertilizer company (90+ % of whose stake is owned by Pakistanis)

it's always a good idea to double check facts before posting

Back
Top Bottom