What's new

Pakistan loses Iran’s mango market

hinduguy, no offence, but most of the mangoes that come from India taste like chemicals. However Pakistani mangoes are much more juicy, with a better natural taste. I guess everyone has there own opinion.

mehh....you must be an aam-amateur :D

just by giving them a feel or two you would know whether they are kaacha or not

I use the 'follow the crowd' method while buying vegetable, mango etc coz I cant tell which one is good(I can tell which one looks good)
Anyway most places in UK, they sale mangoes in boxes, and wont even give you to taste.
He just gave me boxes, I just checked the contents(as recommeded by Mohammed Hanif), and told to myself, 'ah mangoes'.
I remember my friend told me, to touch and feel it and smell it if I can, and I even tried, but could not find any smell.
Not willing to look like an ***, I uttered 'good', shoved money into his hand and left the scene.

There was at least one curious guy who was watching me, must have thought, I am mango expert, and probably bought after me. :)

hinduguy, no offence, but most of the mangoes that come from India taste like chemicals. However Pakistani mangoes are much more juicy, with a better natural taste. I guess everyone has there own opinion.
How do you know? Have you tasted them. Is it imported to pakistan?

How do you know? Have you tasted them. Is it imported to pakistan?

It's not hard to get Mangoes that come from Pakistan, India or Jamaica after all London has all different kinds of fruits imported from abroad. So to answer your question, I would say yes I have tested them.

in UK do they have any sticker or label for them? or is the ''made in...'' sticker only on the crates

It's not hard to get Mangoes that come from Pakistan, India or Jamaica after all London has all different kinds of fruits imported from abroad. So to answer your question, I would say yes I have tested them.
Oops, I thought you live in pakistan, based on your flag. :)

in UK do they have any sticker or label for them? or is the ''made in...'' sticker only on the crates
Most of them carry some dont. I dont remember checking any label, because he told me so, and there is no reason for him to lie.

Majority of the time Uncle, they seem to have labels or stickers. However most of the Mangoes are sold in Asian local stores which are either Indian or Pakistani's who are kind enough to tell you.

if economies of scale applies -- that's a HELL of a profit margin

The profit in the Mango sector is huge, however Pakistan needs to package much more better if it wants to compete in the international markets, because half the time when the goods reach the UK, they are rotten.

Back
Top Bottom