What's new

Pakistan has a clear advantage in nuclear capability

one nuke over over India after that i do not think Pakistan will be in any condition to attack again.

so the numbers are useless.

Don't start your stupid ego talk i have watched you many times doing the same in other threads ... GOD forgive there is a nuke war know this there won't be India nor a Pakistan left so stop the BS.

If India needs to be reckoned as regional power then they will reply back with nukes. Sometimes you have to take hard steps to avoid future problems. If we don't do it, no country will take us as important military power if we can protect our citizens or reply back with nukes

And in less time, escalation may reach to its maximum. Just wish that Pakistan never uses its nukes first and war stops before condition arrives, IF war begins.

Look beyond war, that's what is needed.

janab kuch chezain haar or jeet ke liye nahi ki jati :angel:
Kisi ke liye bhi karo, apni ego ke liye apni country ke crore log maarna chahte ho to maaro yaar...kuch to socho. Naa tumhe kuch milega na humein kuch milega. Ulta aane waali generation se gaaliyan khaani padengi.

According to the Stockholm Institute as reported in the UK Telegraph, Pakistan has a clear advantage in nuclear capability over India and that “nuclear gap” is growing exponentially.

Pakistan, has a significant nuclear arsenal, which includes large numbers of tactical nukes not public “counted”.

PressTV - Bunker buster bomb threats against Iran signal world conflict

India has massive nuclear advantage over Pakistan because of the supernumerary fission material backup. Over a thousand bombs waiting to be made.

Tac nukes aren't advantageous at all if the adversary counts them as regular nukes.

India bombs Pakistan , Pakistan bombs India , both countries wiped out would become the laughing stock of the rest of the world , specially those who so badly want a war between us so that they could sale their weapons. Get a life warmongers !

Hey why don't India and Pakistan do a little experiment? Build a joint power reactor right smack at the border. Commission it and then let it go haywire. Later they can both try to bring it back under control, and by the time they do, they'll experience nuclear fallout first hand. I'm sure, after the dust settles all war-mongers (on both sides) will be sent packing!

As some military historians once concluded, neither country needs dozen of war heads, attacks on Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkota, and a few other maim cities will be enough to bring India on it's knees, similarly attacks on Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi etc will have the same consequences for Pakistan. If such a tragic scenario is ever played out, the weapon delivery system will be the prime factor.
The words of wisdom by a great visionary from our part of the world also come to mind...... for,
"If all the Muslims in Pakistan are killed, there will still be plenty of Muslims left all over the Globe but if all the Hindus in India are eliminated, that will be virtually the end of the Hindus race, let us not finish off all the Muslims in Pakistan and all the Hindus in the world." !!!

New Delhi and Islamabad/Rawalpindi do have hot lines. They at least have one between their Director Generals of Military Operations, and I believe there may be one between the offices of the Prime Ministers. This is helpful, but the history of their use in past crises should give everyone pause. At times, the hotlines have been in place during a crisis but not used for days or weeks at a time while tensions escalated. At other times, they have been used to spread disinformation or propoganda. At other times, they were used as one would hope they would be used. They are useful tools particularly during inadvertant crises or unintended increases in tensions. If a "second Mumbai" occurs, the crisis will be real and intended, and it is not clear whether direct communication will help much. I'm all for having it in case it could help. Most unfortunately, I just wouldn't count on it being a cure-all.

120 25 kiloton warhead is not enough for to destroy India.But 60 warheads will obliterate Pakistan.

Make the Pakistani warheads at least 250 kilotons each, this is reality, the 25 kt is tactical and reserved for massive troop gatherings. So, think again!

they were clueless when we did operation smiling buddha and now they are claiming we have 80 nukes and pakistan have over two hundred.i think these are just false claims made by them.maybe to demonise pakistan.
i can't predict how much nuclear weapons pakistan have in there arsenal because it's a top secret.maybe you have ove 400 nukes.same is with india,you can't predict how much nukes india have in there arsenal.
nuclear technology is top secret.there is no way anyone can predict how much nukes a country holds.
the very same people claimed china have 400 nukes.do you believe them?????

What everyone knows is that India has enough plutonium to make 1000 nukes, so Pakistan took the technological edge, and it is a known and confirmed fact.
China has enough fissile material or made about 3000 nukes.
The US has about 10 000 ready plus ????? fissile material.
Russia 13 000 war heads.

It became mostly (and rightfully) a political negotiating card, so no one could impose his will on another, and it is in the case of India vs Pakistan as well.

It would be lot better to discuss the actual message of the article instead of this pointless discussion revolving around that one line. I think this statement wasn't even necessary in actual article and hardly makes any contribution to the actual point author was trying to make that why India won't attack Pakistan.

Objectively speaking, you and I should be the last ones to suggest things like you are to anyone out there. People already call us bullies.

Every nation has their own strategic objectives. Pakistan has its own, India has its own. Frankly speaking, India is a poor country, trying to get its middle class up through American jobs. Both, India and Pakistan can't afford to be in an arms race. India is trying to act like US in the region but it can't get there.
Population size is one thing and currently, it's working to their advantage from a jobs and labor's standpoint, but the same population is also the weakest link as half the people sleep bed less and they need basic human welfare items like medicine, proper food, etc.

Now, having these conditions in any society, does anyone should really spent billions on weapons and 'introduce' a weapons system? Instead of helping ordinary poor people?

If the answer is yes, then it applies to everyone. What that also mean is that the same country (or either one of them) has the right to waste money on anything, that be conventional or nuclear. I don't think you can separate or complain about how one's doing something that you don't like and the other one is doing something similar that you support.

They are neighbors and sad part is that in a conflict, millions of innocent poor people will suffer. So hopefully common sense would prevail. In the Indo-Pak scenario, there is no 'my dik is bigger than his' deal. Its just mutual destruction in any case. I hope that both government stay free from radical hindus and muslims so the peace can prosper. (For anyone who's going to have an issue with my statement about fundamentalist hindus, please google christian killings in India or Asaam killings of muslims in India). I am not trying to derail the thread so please stay on course.

It is very unlikely that either India or Pakistan would pull the nuclear trigger. But just the doubt that they might do so, sends the intermediaries scrambling as soon as the tension builds up on the borders. The result is the ultimate contradiction: nukes preventing or containing wars, but the conflicts that might otherwise be settled by the use or threat of force, continuing. If nuclearisation creates such paradoxes, no one needs wonder that the resultant doctrines are so ambivalent.

But then who needs a cut and dried doctrine with inflexible redlines and robotic adherence! As long as we can keep these weapons well tucked away, not dangle them for the ends that they cannot achieve, and take a long time priming them; the Subcontinent could do without the nuclear dogma.

Hey why don't India and Pakistan do a little experiment? Build a joint power reactor right smack at the border. Commission it and then let it go haywire. Later they can both try to bring it back under control, and by the time they do, they'll experience nuclear fallout first hand. I'm sure, after the dust settles all war-mongers (on both sides) will be sent packing!
same reason it wont happen coz blame will go as india is stealing electricity or pakistan is wasting it just as in case of IWT.

Make the Pakistani warheads at least 250 kilotons each, this is reality, the 25 kt is tactical and reserved for massive troop gatherings. So, think again!

Where do you get info that Pakistan has 250kt warheads? "CHIC-4" design what Chinese gave/sold to Pakistan has a yield of 12-20kt. India has a way bigger defence budget when compared to Pakistan, and their 200kt (claimed yield) warheads are still quite cumbersome, where is the evidence for Pakistani 250kt warheads? Internet rumours don't count.

Neither India nor Pakistan has ever tested anything above 50kt.

1: Conduct a survey in both countries for people who support nuclear war
2: Offer them money to volunteer to take part in an "event" with key note speakers , Bharat Verma and Zaid Hamid.
3: Transport all of them to a nuclear test tunnel , lodge all of them warmongers.
4: Explode a nuclear device.

Its a win win situation , you know warmongers will get their "Nuclear Umbrella" fantasy & others will achieve long lasting peace.

Back
Top Bottom