What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

PAF F-16 MLU in recent Saudi exercise outperform Typhoon and F-15 according to Allen Warne

947170_10151717879604919_2077521447_n_zpsf2d88e64.jpg

I think it says it indirectly since maneuvers will mostly count in WVR scenarios.

MY friend this is where your wrong...who says maneuvers are count for WVR scenario...we should take things s it is if we dont know the details...i dont know why we like to portray things on our imaginations.

MY friend this is where your wrong...who says maneuvers are count for WVR scenario...we should take things s it is if we dont know the details...i dont know why we like to portray things on our imaginations.
If we always do so then how can we educate our·selves? On Topic although I am not an expert on Jets but I have seen people relating maneuvers to WVR and justifying their arguments. Practically there are higher chances that F-16 will be in a BVR scenario if ever came accross these jets.

Where is it mentioned that its WVR scenario only..??

Right here in AirForces Monthly:

You see, in an article on the PAF, Alan Warnes reported that in the exercise, PAF fleeced the EF Typhoons, without disclosing their nationality, someone assumed them to be RAF aircraft and thus how it began to be reported, however it took some persuading for Alan to tell me the actual nationality also later confirmed by the Pakistan military attaches in Istanbul.

@gambit'

Sir, what are your thoughts on F-16s taking out the Typhoon and the F-15s. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
@shanixee @Argus Panoptes

That was in the previous exercise in 2008, for the latest against Saudi air force, Alan warnes specifically mentions, PAF contingent as F-16 (MLU)........ meaning BVR capable machines were involved.

21JwnLr.png

Yes, these are BVR capable machines on both sides no doubt, but what Alan refers to are WVR maneuvers.

It is an entirely different game with BVR missiles.

Yes, these are BVR capable machines on both sides no doubt, but what Alan refers to are WVR maneuvers.

It is an entirely different game with BVR missiles.

You are missing the point, the Air forces monthly link refers to Anatolian Eagle exercise which took place in 2008, when PAF F-16s had no BVR capability, the exercise which took place with RSAF just last month, all options were exercised since PAF aircraft involved were BVR capable. !!

You are missing the point, the Air forces monthly link refers to Anatolian Eagle exercise which took place in 2008, when PAF F-16s had no BVR capability, the exercise which took place with RSAF just last month, all options were exercised since PAF aircraft involved were BVR capable. !!

I understand what you are saying Sir, but I will maintain my position until and unless something more definitive is presented.

21JwnLr.png

@Argus Panoptes

"maneuvers" = Exercise.

The exercise in question is PeaceHawks-1 in Taif which was a DACT exercise, between Saudi F-15s,EF Typhoons,Turkish F-16 block 50s and PAF's F-16A/B MLU-MIII. Our good friend @Mosamania can confirm this.

21JwnLr.png

@Argus Panoptes

"maneuvers" = Exercise.

The exercise in question is PeaceHawks-1 in Taif which is a DACT exercise. Our good friend @Mosamania can confirm this.

Yes Sir, but something more definitive is needed before you can conclude that the F-16MLU was superior to the Typhoons in that exercise for BVR scenarios.

21JwnLr.png

@Argus Panoptes

"maneuvers" = Exercise.

The exercise in question is PeaceHawks-1 in Taif which was a DACT exercise, between Saudi F-15s,EF Typhoons,Turkish F-16 block 50s and PAF's F-16A/B MLU-MIII. Our good friend @Mosamania can confirm this.

Pics or it didn't happen. Besides, PAF is bringing a bad image to itself in the international arena if it continues publishing confidential exercise results. That assuming it is right in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom