What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Grey Turns Green.

main.php

PAF F-16B block 15 #90615 from 11 Sqn is taxiing at Konya AB on June 20th, 2012 during exercise Anatolian Eagle. Notice the front seater wearing a Green instead of the standard F-16 Grey Helmet.

You must live in Taif, or Al-Kharj!

Yep that's right. I also see a whole range of other jets of other Air Forces occasionally.I saw the PAF Mirages as well as UAE F-16s and Mirages. Saw Jordanian F-16s, Egyptian F-16s, Kuwaiti F-18s, Algerian Su-30s, French Rafales as well as our Typhoons and Hawk advanced trainers which is a common everyday sight.

I also see daily Apaches, Blackhawks, Bells. I saw Abram tanks, M-60 Tanks, Lecleric Tanks, Hopefully will leopards as well soon :smitten:

I see everyday Hawk Anti-Air missiles, Patriot Missile defense system, AAAs, Shahin Anti-Air systems on my way to college.

Reading about all those things around here is one thing, seeing it with your own eyes is something completely different.

Grey Turns Green.

main.php

PAF F-16B block 15 #90615 from 11 Sqn is taxiing at Konya AB on June 20th, 2012 during exercise Anatolian Eagle. Notice the front seater wearing a Green instead of the standard F-16 Grey Helmet.

what does green helmet signify?

The current old 14 F-16 Blk-15 as well as the 18 F-16 Blk-52 are stationed at Shahbaz AFB and I think the coming 14 F-16 Blk-15 from US will also be stationed at ShahBaz AFB, which is amazing.

Can anyone confirm if all F-16s in PAF's inventory will be shifted to Shahbaz?

Like, 14th, 9th and 5th squadrons?

Also, which aircraft will replace these at Sargodha?

While No 5 and 9 are F-16 units, N0 14 is not.
No 5 is already based in Shahbaz, while N0 9 and No 11, the other F-16 unit are stationed in Sargodha, no doubt they will remain there for Central Command defence.

WJ has answered your question. I would like to add that, the MLUs at Shahbaz,JCB are temporary assignment. These aircraft will be shifted back to their original units whenever required strength to run MLU conversion course is achieved. Even today the MLUs wear markings of their original units (although they are operated by 5 Sqn).

The F-16s that arrive after MLU from Turkey and US will be stationed at PAF Base Shahbaz. They will stay there until the pilot conversion training is over, and then they will move to their respected Squadrons/Bases. So yes, all PAF F-16s will be shifted to PAF Base Shahbaz but for a short time.

And JF-17 Block II's second squadron will be homed at PAF Base Shahbaz, it will replace the Mirage.

The F-16s that arrive after MLU from Turkey and US will be stationed at PAF Base Shahbaz. They will stay there until the pilot conversion training is over, and then they will move to their respected Squadrons/Bases. So yes, all PAF F-16s will be shifted to PAF Base Shahbaz but for a short time.

And JF-17 Block II's second squadron will be homed at PAF Base Shahbaz, it will replace the Mirage.

For next 5-10 years JF-17s going to Shahbaz is a very hard thing to happen as the Americans have specifically stated that no Chinese stuff at Shahbaz so that no Chinese are seen on the base. Shahbaz AB had some Chinese air conditioning unit installed at specific locations, which were removed also as the Americans were uncomfortable with the Chinese stuff as it would have required Chinese techs coming for repairing or normals visits, even though PAF told them that we have our own technicians trained for that, the Americans did not agreed, so all the A/c units had to be removed.

So for now, F-16s only at Shahbaz.

Back
Top Bottom