What's new

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates.

Where does Ballet Screen data get saved?

On the Ballet Screen memory or through the network at Pakistan Election Commision

If it saved on the memory - it can easily be hacked. Just add many 0's

Army will need to be trained to prevent rigging.

A concurrent printed paper copy of every vote cast and taken into secure custody for verification in case of any contention is a MUST with EVM.

Copy can be reprinted - and secure custody? in current system as well ballot boxes are supposed to be in safe custody.

I am not against idea, but looking for possible loopholes. BTW - why not CCTV capture what option voter has selected? In case of any complain you can review the CCTV and count the votes instead of printing and make it 100% paperless. As this system supposed to be linked with NADARA, so people can be allowed to cast vote from any location/city/country?

321495_10151370239636150_2079530451_n.jpg

What if someone bribe IT guys or on gun-point force him to change data? :cheers:

the thumb impression should be verified by the software of NADRA and counted there, plus infrared device to verify the CNIC too. similarly the electronic vote should be counted separately and compared.

Copy can be reprinted - and secure custody? in current system as well ballot boxes are supposed to be in safe custody.

I am not against idea, but looking for possible loopholes. BTW - why not CCTV capture what option voter has selected? In case of any complain you can review the CCTV and count the votes instead of printing and make it 100% paperless. As this system supposed to be linked with NADARA, so people can be allowed to cast vote from any location/city/country?

No system is 100% foolproof, but depends on the honesty of the workers involved to some extent. That is our greatest weakness - the workers involved.

the thumb impression should be verified by the software of NADRA and counted there, plus infrared device to verify the CNIC too. similarly the electronic vote should be counted separately and compared.

I was talking about manipulating the selection of voter - after all you don't need eraser, just one command and phew - it's done.

Back
Top Bottom